PDA

View Full Version : The REAL Reason Ford Sucks!

MagicMtnDan
12-21-2003, 05:58 PM
Of course there will be no winners in Ford vs. Chevy life-long argument. But I thought I'd post one very real and important fact about Ford and their F-150 "Heritage" (the F-150 model that preceded the new F-150 and the Heritage is still being produced - apparently will be manufactured until mid-2004).
To quote the Dateline NBC report, "It's marketed as 'Ford tough,' but as Dateline first showed viewers two and half years ago, when the Ford F-150 truck was pitted against a 320,000-pound barrier in a 40 mile per hour test, it failed miserably.
Brian O'Neill runs the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, a non-profit research group funded by automobile insurance companies. Its goal is to reduce claim costs. In 2001, O'Neill told us that the F-150 was one of the worst vehicles he'd ever seen in the test facility.
"His is as bad as it gets in terms of crash performance," said O'Neill. "Look at the collapse of the compartment. That is not a safety cage."
The Ford F-150 got the Institute's lowest rating, a poor, and O'Neill cautioned against buying it.
"I wouldn't put my family, my wife or myself in a vehicle like this," said O'Neill."
You can argue all you want about how Ford sells more pickups than anyone else (not true if you combine Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra sales), and how Ford wins on race day or whatever. All I know is if I'm in a pickup truck and get in a crash I don't want to look anything like that test dummy that was in that Ford F-150 - that truck was crumpled big time and you'd be a very ugly mess they'd be hauling to the hospital if that was you driving it.
I feel so strongly about this that if I owned an F-150 I'd sell it ASAP and buy the new model even if I lost all kinds of money on it. I'd rather lose money than my life or that of my family/friends.
The preceding is an opinion from a Chevy owner who wants to help out his friends who made a very poor choice by buying a Ford F-150. Friends don't let friends buy F-150s (Heritages).
And please don't be offended when I turn down your offer to drive us in your F-150 :D

JetBoatRich
12-21-2003, 06:12 PM
I have two fords in my drive-way with no complaints:D
One brand new, F-350 with 9,200 miles and my wifes car has 190,000 miles all original (even battery) how can I complain:D

jbtrailerjim
12-21-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
And please don't be offended when I turn down your offer to drive us in your F-150 :D [/B]
Well when I see you on the side of the road broke down in your Chevy, I'll just pass on by instead of offering you a ride in my F-150.:D :p

PHX ATC
12-21-2003, 06:21 PM
They say that about lots and lots of different vehicles they test there too. It just isn't about Ford, but almost all the other manufacturers have vehicles that perform poorly on their tests.
I don't own Ford's but wouldn't base my decision of ownership solely on this report. Good information, nonetheless.
I wonder, in all actuality, how many vehicles would "win" when pressed against a 320,000 pound wall at 40 mph?:rolleyes:

JetBoatRich
12-21-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
Well when I see you on the side of the road broke down in your Chevy, I'll just pass on by instead of offering you a ride in my F-150.:D :p
I had three F-150's over the last few years for work. the last one was 2000 with 150,000 miles not a problem to complain about.

likwidsukr
12-21-2003, 06:42 PM
Of course there will be no winners in Ford vs. Chevy life-long argument. But I thought I'd post one very real and important fact about Ford and their F-150 "Heritage" (the F-150 model that preceded the new F-150 and the Heritage is still being produced - apparently will be manufactured until mid-2004).
To quote the Dateline NBC report, "It's marketed as 'Ford tough,' but as Dateline first showed viewers two and half years ago, when the Ford F-150 truck was pitted against a 320,000-pound barrier in a 40 mile per hour test, it failed miserably.
Brian O'Neill runs the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, a non-profit research group funded by automobile insurance companies. Its goal is to reduce claim costs. In 2001, O'Neill told us that the F-150 was one of the worst vehicles he'd ever seen in the test facility.
"His is as bad as it gets in terms of crash performance," said O'Neill. "Look at the collapse of the compartment. That is not a safety cage."
The Ford F-150 got the Institute's lowest rating, a poor, and O'Neill cautioned against buying it.
"I wouldn't put my family, my wife or myself in a vehicle like this," said O'Neill."
You can argue all you want about how Ford sells more pickups than anyone else (not true if you combine Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra sales), and how Ford wins on race day or whatever. All I know is if I'm in a pickup truck and get in a crash I don't want to look anything like that test dummy that was in that Ford F-150 - that truck was crumpled big time and you'd be a very ugly mess they'd be hauling to the hospital if that was you driving it.
I feel so strongly about this that if I owned an F-150 I'd sell it ASAP and buy the new model even if I lost all kinds of money on it. I'd rather lose money than my life or that of my family/friends.
The preceding is an opinion from a Chevy owner who wants to help out his friends who made a very poor choice by buying a Ford F-150. Friends don't let friends buy F-150s (Heritages).
And please don't be offended when I turn down your offer to drive us in your F-150 :D
Is that not the same firm in 1996 that was quoted saying" Firestone the best tire in the bussiness" WTF Who cares about some opinion that a "PAID" regardless if they are "NON_PROFFIT" ORG. The truth is in the numbers not some stupid test with a f****n 300,00# Who gives a shit what!!!!
I kinda liked your opinions up to this point! WTF
That is funny shit! LMAO:D O Sit on the side of the road and rot LMAO! Read this again it is funny shit

MagicMtnDan
12-21-2003, 06:43 PM
Note regarding your posts - not having any problems with your Ford or being happy with it is completely different than being in an accident with it. I'm glad you're happy with your F-150s. And I only hope that you're not in an accident in one of them! In frontal offset crashworthiness evaluations on late model full-size pickups as tested by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the Ford F-150 is the worst rated vehicle. By the way, the Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra is only rated as "Moderate" while the Dodge RAM 1500 and Toyota Tundra are rated BEST along with the new F-150 - these are all rated as "Good" (ratings are Good, Fair, Moderate, Poor).
If you saw the crash test of the F-150 I'm sure it would make you think twice about its safety. This will give you an idea as to the extent of the damage...
http://www.hwysafety.org/vehicle_ratings/ce/photos/0110_1_13.jpg http://www.hwysafety.org/vehicle_ratings/ce/photos/0110_4_35.jpg http://www.hwysafety.org/vehicle_ratings/ce/photos/0110_2_34.jpg

Mandelon
12-21-2003, 06:49 PM
I once hit a Mazda Protege with my big F-250 .....the Mazda was totaled, the lady went off in an ambulance. The Ford had a bent bumper. :rolleyes: Yes...it was her fault.
I saw the show on the F-150's offset front impact, and the cab did get crushed. With the 2004's they fixed the crumple zone. Now they are a lot safer. Just don't hit anything and you will be fine. :D

JetBoatRich
12-21-2003, 06:53 PM
MMD, I don't have a F-150 anymore so not worried. I feel sorry for the dummy that pulls in front of us:(
They all have their issues
:mad:

Keithb87
12-21-2003, 06:54 PM
Ford is the SCHNIZT !!!!! :D

likwidsukr
12-21-2003, 06:56 PM
Not to start an argument MMD but Thanks for the heads up to those who take consideration on this topic, I will look into the report as own one.

Kilrtoy
12-21-2003, 07:00 PM
OH that is a bad crash

likwidsukr
12-21-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
OH that is a bad crash
Yeah it looks bad. Like I said I will look into this.:frown:

TexasJet
12-21-2003, 07:44 PM
Wasn't General Motors the one who put the gas tanks on the OUTSIDE of the main frame on their pick-ups some years back. Seems quite a few people got burned to death in side impact crashes. There was even a class action suit finally settled after 10 years or so. I don't think either company has a spotless safety record.

LUVNLIFE
12-21-2003, 07:48 PM
Hey that looks just like my boat, in front of my house;) :D

JetBoatRich
12-21-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by LUVNLIFE
Hey that looks just like my boat, in front of my house;) :D
Either that or Texas looks a lot like Castiac:confused:

mike37
12-21-2003, 07:58 PM
lets see the Chevy pics there rating arent much better than ford

mike37
12-21-2003, 08:06 PM
chevy test not a lot better
http://www.iihs.org/vehicle_ratings/ce/html/0107.htm#1 (chevy test pics) http://www.iihs.org/vehicle_ratings/ce/photos/0107_2_23t.jpg
ford & chevy side by side test
http://www.iihs.org/vehicle_ratings/ce/cecompoutc.asp

bordsmnj
12-21-2003, 08:43 PM
i like my fords. lucky for the chevys they used the fords to soften up the walls for them first!:D

RiverRatMike
12-21-2003, 09:30 PM
LMAO! No comment

MagicMtnDan
12-21-2003, 11:51 PM
I tried to present the facts in their entirety including saying how the new F-150 got the best score. Here's more info...
Ford Improves in IIHS Tests
Both the Ford F-150 and Freestar minivan have improved dramatically in crash tests performed by an insurance industry-funded research group. Ford says the 2004 F-150 and Freestar each earned the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety's (IIHS) "best pick" rating in tests that Ford urged the group to perform. Ford also paid for the test vehicles, both of which were redesigned this year. The F-150 had been the worst-performing truck in its class in 40-mph crash tests, the IIHS said; the former Windstar minivan had tested well but had not earned the best ranking.
source: Car Connection

CrazyHippy
12-21-2003, 11:59 PM
Hmm.... wonder if the insurance institute is attempting to give insurance carriers a reason to raise insurance on the best selling vehicle in history. The f-150 had not been changed majorly since 1997. Why is it now (7 auto years later) an issue? Because insurance wants more money:mad: :mad: :frown:
I personally just wouldn't run into any 320,000 lb walls, just hondas:D :rolleyes: :D
BJ(drives a diesel F-350)H

Cas
12-22-2003, 01:13 AM
I think even the older F-150's would destroy a rice rocket.
More rice rockets than 320,000 lb walls to hit anyway.
GM owner myself

Seadog
12-22-2003, 06:48 AM
That so-called institute was started by the insurance companies for one thing and that is to give a reason to raise rates and to blame the car makers.
This same guy has gone on the record with several vehicles saying that he would not allow his family to ride in them. He is a shill and nothing more. His family is probably three cats and a guy name Jorge.
I noticed that as soon as the auto makers address the tests and start getting better ratings, they come up with a 'new' test for them to fail. Whats next? "The vehicle failed the test miserably when we dropped a 300,000 lb weight on it. We have to declare the M1A2 Abrams unsafe".

malcolm
12-22-2003, 08:41 AM
I think Seadog just hit the nail on the head!

MagicMtnDan
12-22-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
You have to wonder a little bit about the mentallity of a person that buys a car with the idea of crashing it on the forefront of his mind.
Incidentally... Anyone have the test results of the Hallett, Essex, DCB??
RD ;)
You gotta be kidding me RD! You don't consider safety ratings of a vehicle to be worthy of consideration before buying?
By the way, Bubbles is not as safe as a DCB 28 :D

Wicky
12-22-2003, 10:03 AM
RD doesn't have his 16 year old kid borrowing his truck yet!!!
Support the Sierra Club...buy a Ford!!

jbtrailerjim
12-22-2003, 10:12 AM
Don't you think if this was such a big issue we would have heard of several deaths in these truck's? Ford has been producing these truck's since mid. 1996. Obviously this is not a problem like GM had several years ago with the fuel tank exploading from a side impact and killing several people.
Dan, your whole point of bringing this up is to slam Ford's. I could really care less what you think about Ford's. I don't like GM product's and I'm sure you or anyone else could care less what I think of them.
The argument over who build's a better truck is just a waste of time. I prefer Ford's you like Chevy's and some people like Dodge's. It doesn't really matter. It's all personal preference.
Now why don't you do something more constructive like post some pictures of hot chick's or bash Liberal's.:D :wink: :D

12-22-2003, 10:51 AM
Don't you think if this was such a big issue we would have heard of several deaths in these truck's? Ford has been producing these truck's since mid. 1996. Obviously this is not a problem like GM had several years ago with the fuel tank exploading from a side impact and killing several people.
Dan, your whole point of bringing this up is to slam Ford's. I could really care less what you think about Ford's. I don't like GM product's and I'm sure you or anyone else could care less what I think of them.
The argument over who build's a better truck is just a waste of time. I prefer Ford's you like Chevy's and some people like Dodge's. It doesn't really matter. It's all personal preference.
Now why don't you do something more constructive like post some pictures of hot chick's or bash Liberal's.:D :wink: :D I think that about sums it up....and no, I will not dump my Ford because some group likes to slam perfectly good vehicles into immovable objects. If you think GM is spotless you need to look back to the investigations on the fuel tank rupturing problem from side inpacts. The Chevy/GMC exploding fuel tank killed more people than the Pinto's fuel tank problem. This was nothing more than a "Chevys are bitchin' and Fords are junk" thread.:yuk:

JakeAisA
12-22-2003, 11:01 AM
Look, the only reason people buy Fords is because they CAN'T AFFORD A CHEVY OR GMC!!! Ford is the budget truck.

jbtrailerjim
12-22-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by JakeAisA
Look, the only reason people buy Fords is because they CAN'T AFFORD A CHEVY OR GMC!!! Ford is the budget truck.
Yep, you hit the nail on the head with that one.:rolleyes: Maybe someday I can afford Chevy or a GMC. Gimme a break.:rolleyes:

HavasuDreamin'
12-22-2003, 11:46 AM
I can't believe you guys are flaming him for presenting facts. Its not like he spewed some 3rd hand crap from a non credible source. More over MMD presented all the facts which include the new F-150 being rated as "good." All of his information was derived from the Insurance Insitute, which is probably the most comprehensive test program around.
You guys think they do this to raise insurance rates? Give me a break. :rolleyes: Gee could it be that they do this R&D to help save lives? No that couldn't be it.....they are just out to screw you......like everyone else.
Perhaps they do this to make the vehicles that come down the assembly line in the future safer? No........that couldn't be it. :rolleyes:
Give me a break. :yuk:

Kilrtoy
12-22-2003, 11:50 AM
Look, the only reason people buy Fords is because they CAN'T AFFORD A CHEVY OR GMC!!! Ford is the budget truck
What the hell are you smoking.
FORDS cost way more than those other things.
Oh that explains why you think they are cheaper, YOUR HIGH

Kilrtoy
12-22-2003, 11:54 AM
I was going to compare the two trucks, BUT CHEBY doesnt make a 1500 SUPERCREW or anything CLOSE.
Oh well,
Maybe you willl just have to settle for second best, CHEBY

Irishluck
12-22-2003, 12:28 PM
I was going to compare the two trucks, BUT CHEBY doesnt make a 1500 SUPERCREW or anything CLOSE.
Oh well,
Maybe you willl just have to settle for second best, CHEBY Not yet but they are releasing a four door sometime this year.

Kilrtoy
12-22-2003, 12:40 PM
Not yet but they are releasing a four door sometime this year.
A day late and a dollar short,
But would you expect anything less from such a Manufacture

Irishluck
12-22-2003, 01:07 PM
Not yet but they are releasing a four door sometime this year.
A day late and a dollar short,
But would you expect anything less from such a Manufacture I see you have a sense of humor but I still rather push a chevy than drive a f$$kin ford.:D

Kilrtoy
12-22-2003, 02:14 PM
I just passed by the TOYOTA dealer and saw the new fullsize full 4 door pick up truck,
Even Toy has a 4 door,
WHATS UP CHEBY.... It must suck to always be late and not wanted......

Kilrtoy
12-22-2003, 02:17 PM
Guess the hillbillys at CHEBY cant figure out how to put the extra two on http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111tundra21.jpg

LUVNLIFE
12-22-2003, 05:39 PM
I think a 1500 crew cab is a waste of time. Someone who buys a crewcab wants a bigger truck as in the 3/4 or 1 ton size. They need the size and towing capacity. If they buy a 1/2 ton crew cab they are looking to save money as in the truck is cheaper as the Ford 150 cewcab. Plus I would like to check out pricing because I was always under the impression Fords were cheaper. A good friend of mine who has always been pro Chevy(trucks, cars and racing) recently bought a Ford crewcab because he said he just could not afford the Chevy. And you have to compare sales combining both Chevy and GMC against the other makers as one, after all they are the same truck except for the grill. Maybe the cheaper pricing is why the sales are higher?

LUVNLIFE
12-22-2003, 06:10 PM
I'll count that as backup.

Wicky
12-22-2003, 06:16 PM
Oh well,
Maybe you willl just have to settle for second best, CHEBY
Actually, they do make a 1500 crew cab. Maybe its not available in Cali. The sales guy tried like hell to talk me into buying it instead of the 2500.
Thought I'd pass it along just in case,
Wicky

LUVNLIFE
12-22-2003, 06:38 PM
Guess the hillbillies figured it out already.

MagicMtnDan
12-22-2003, 07:06 PM
Now why don't you do something more constructive like post some pictures of hot chick's or bash Liberal's.:D :wink: :D
Dude, you need a timeout!
If you think my intention was to slam Ford's you're a fool. I could care less about the Ford vs. Chevy thing - I just laugh when I see you guys get all bent out of shape about which effen company makes your pickup truck. It should be clear by now that they all make a very good truck and they all make a few really bad lemons every once in a while. In fact, I'll probably piss most of you off by saying that Toyota makes the best quality vehicles in the world and Honda is a very close second (and if they both made full-size pickups Ford/Chevy/Dodge would be quaking in their boots - and they ought to anyway since Nissan's pickup is gonna take away some of their precious pickup truck sales). Whatever you or anyone else drives is none of my concern...unless and until you want me to go for a ride in your "Heritage" F-150. I seriously don't want to do it.
If you don't think it makes a difference then I hope you don't find out the hard way that the Heritage F-150 sucks when it comes to a front end collision (and no, not a collison with a huge effen wall - with another vehicle numbnuts).
You guys gotta get your heads out of the sand and try to have somewhat of an open mind about the stuff you own. Just because you own it doesn't make it better (or worse)! If you don't care about the safety of your vehicle that's your business. But do you have the balls to tell your family how bad your truck is rated in a front-end collision? Do you have the cojones to show them the pictures of what your truck and you could look like? I doubt it. But it's clear to me that doesn't matter to you - not when you get all pissy about my fact-filled posts.
Do I think Chevys are better than Fords? No, not really. But I do like their styling better and I prefer them to Fords. Would I buy a Ford? Sure I would - I'd buy the NEW F-150 and if I was confident in the Ford diesel I'd buy an Excursion ("Excretion") and lift it and show you how it runs offroad too. :eek:
These are trucks (and boats). They're not your wives, kids, or families. If you're feeling a little jumpy and afraid you'll have a heart attack next time you hear a loud noise maybe, just maybe you're wrapped a little too tight. Crack open a beer and repeat after me, "it's only a truck...it's only a boat...it's only a motorcycle... it's not my family... it's not a reflection of who I am."
Happy holidays! Especially to HavasuDreamin' who obviously gets it and deserves a fiver (where the hell are those stars anyway?!).
I'm looking for a picture of a hot, nearly naked chick driving over a liberal in a Heritage F-150. I'll be sure to post it just for you when I find it :D

LUVNLIFE
12-22-2003, 07:19 PM
Why can't it be a hot chick in a 2500 Chevy, they are better trucks.:rolleyes: :D :D

JetBoatRich
12-22-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by LUVNLIFE
Why can't it be a hot chick in a 2500 Chevy, they are better trucks.:rolleyes: :D :D
do you know one;)

MagicMtnDan
12-22-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
i lease,run the shit out of then and give the back,new car and truck every 3 years ,a new truck in feb and car in march:D
That's kinda like how you do your boats too, right? :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek:

LUVNLIFE
12-22-2003, 07:45 PM
You know it. Is this thread closed now?;)

CA Stu
12-22-2003, 09:50 PM
Seen on a shirt at the Costa Mesa swap meet:
Why are F150's like tampons?
Because every bitch has one...
CA Stu

Kilrtoy
12-22-2003, 09:54 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111AB_7318_003-med.JPG
This bitch has one and that is by choice.....

Kilrtoy
12-22-2003, 09:55 PM
Anybody have a cheby slammed that looks that good,
DOUBT IT,
Because it doesnt exist.....

Kilrtoy
12-22-2003, 09:58 PM
Actually, they do make a 1500 crew cab. Maybe its not available in Cali
So cheby doesnt offer this model in the truck capital of the world, HARD TO BELIEVE:confused: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jbtrailerjim
12-22-2003, 10:42 PM
I'm looking for a picture of a hot, nearly naked chick driving over a liberal in a Heritage F-150. I'll be sure to post it just for you when I find it :D [/B]
Well Kilrtoy posted a picture of his hot wife standing next to a bitchen F-150. That's good enough for me.:D ;) :D

Wicky
12-23-2003, 05:13 AM
Actually, they do make a 1500 crew cab. Maybe its not available in Cali
So cheby doesnt offer this model in the truck capital of the world, HARD TO BELIEVE:confused: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Hard to believe USC spanked UCLA too right??? hehehehhehehe

Wicky
12-23-2003, 05:17 AM
Anybody have a cheby slammed that looks that good,
DOUBT IT,
Because it doesnt exist.....
Slamming a truck!!! Now there is an oxymoron if I've ever heard one. Slam a truck in Idaho and you'd be laughed at!!!!!bwwahahahahaha!!! I'd like to see you launch at Marine Stadium during low tide!!!! Free entertainment is good!!

Wicky
12-23-2003, 10:02 AM
1500 HD Supercrew (http://www.signonsandiego.com/marketplace/offroadcenter/reviews/080401_chevy.html)

Kilrtoy
12-23-2003, 11:41 AM
Slamming a truck!!! Now there is an oxymoron if I've ever heard one. Slam a truck in Idaho and you'd be laughed at!!!!!bwwahahahahaha!!! I'd like to see you launch at Marine Stadium during low tide!!!! Free entertainment is good!!
Id be laughed at,
I must cry now. People from Idaho are laughing at me.
Yeah I doubt it. I would probably be a superstar in that place they call a state....
I'd sit around the camp fire and tell them stories of california, like it was some far off distant land. I'd be like the pied piper....
And of course all the country girls would love me.

Wicky
12-23-2003, 01:36 PM
OK, I take that back. Your truck is the bomb!!
O da le Holmes!!!!
Vatos locos forever esse!!!
Team Lowrider,
Wicky

Kilrtoy
12-23-2003, 02:42 PM
No they kicked me out of that club.
I said no to brown pride,
Its american pride.
I said I hate the Raiders they suck.
And No ole enlglish is not a premium choice of beer.
And i wont pour any of me Corona out for the dead homies , cuz i dont have any......

MagicMtnDan
12-23-2003, 03:23 PM
This bitch has one and that is by choice.....
Sorry to see you bought your wife the least safest pickup truck made (in frontal collisions).
At least she has very healthy looking bumpers that should protect her :D

MagicMtnDan
12-23-2003, 03:29 PM
There's more than a passing resemblance between Kilrtoy's pickup...
and this Baleen Whale...
http://www-aadc.aad.gov.au/common/images/animals/whales/nick_gales/sr_baleen.gif