PDA

View Full Version : Update - HS BB

Cas
12-21-2003, 10:05 PM
The JV coaches son went to the varsity coach to ask why he wasn't getting much playing time. The varsity coach told him to get out of his office and to not question his decisions ever.
Coach then told the rest of the team the same thing.
Tournament results- Dec. 15-18 2-1
Lost 1st game, won the next 2 to get a trophy for the 1st round losers division.
Son played in game 2 - last 9 secs of the game
3 other players played less than a minute, including the previous nights high scorer
Tournament results- Dec. 18-20 1-2
Son didn't play game 1, played 30 secs in game 2 scoring 2 pts with a steal. Didn't play game 3
3 players didn't play game 3 including the previous nights high scorer again, lost game by 1. Best player on the team got in with 2:32 left in first half.
Many of the players on the team are about to quit. I player was going to floor the coach with a right hook. Parents from the JV team are already saying they won't allow their son to play next year.
Parents are starting a group to get to the bottom of the problem and to go to the AD.

JetBoatRich
12-21-2003, 10:17 PM
That sucks, let the kids play:o

SoCal_fun
12-21-2003, 10:20 PM
It should be all about the kids. Some of these f'd up coaches have freakin huge egos they need to feed.

Cas
12-21-2003, 11:25 PM
One more thing, my ex called the coach to ask if it would be ok for Michael to miss a couple of practices, tomorrow and Tuesday. She left 3 messages without a return call. My son has it set in his mind he won't be seeing his Mom over the holidays for fear the coach will punish him in one way or another.
That was the last straw for me as a parent. I really don't normally get involved but the guy has now made it very personal since my son is pretty upset about the whole thing.

Caribbean Jet
12-22-2003, 08:58 AM
Hey Cas
Sorry to hear about your son's team. Looks like this guy doesn't want a job next year. I wish you the best of luck with the situation. I hope that your son gets to see his Mom over Vacation, thats what really counts...

THOR
12-22-2003, 09:05 AM
F*&^ that guy. This is the exact reason why kids hate the sports that they originally loved.
I vote for the right hook. :D