PDA

View Full Version : iTunes help needed!!

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
03-25-2006, 09:53 AM
i have been trying to add songs into iTunes and for some reason they do not show up. I have tried the Add Folder and Add File commands as well as drag and drop from the folder into itunes and the songs do not show up.
Help please... :mad: :mad: :mad:

mike37
03-25-2006, 10:00 AM
if you have the music on the same PC that you installed ituns on then it should have asked you if you wanted to add all media files to itunes library
try add folder but if you have them in wmf format ituns will want convert them to an ituns format
if their in mp3 you should be OK

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
03-25-2006, 10:04 AM
if their in mp3 you should be OK[/QUOTE]
they are all mp3's. I have four songs in a folder under the artist name. it only pulls one of the four songs. and even when i drag and drop the other 3 they can't be found. It's pretty wierd and it's getting frustrating!

buzzaro
03-25-2006, 10:05 AM
i have been trying to add songs into iTunes and for some reason they do not show up. I have tried the Add Folder and Add File commands as well as drag and drop from the folder into itunes and the songs do not show up.
Help please... :mad: :mad: :mad:
Also make sure the files you are trying to add are not write protected or hidden under the options in the folder they are currently in. Also, just curious, but are you moving the files from another Ipod into itunes?

mike37
03-25-2006, 10:10 AM
I don't use ituns but my kid has it and we had some little glitches when we first installed it
we re installed it and it worked right and we did an update on the software
and had to install it twice for it to work
re installing ituns won't lose any of you song files it saves them and adds them back after ituns is installed again
we now never do any updates

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
03-25-2006, 10:13 AM
Also make sure the files you are trying to add are not write protected or hidden under the options in the folder they are currently in. Also, just curious, but are you moving the files from another Ipod into itunes?
I checked and they are not protected. i did see that there is no info in the summary tab under properties. I tried to add the song title and i get "A Disc Error occured during a write operation" diagnostic.

buzzaro
03-25-2006, 10:16 AM
I checked and they are not protected. i did see that there is no info in the summary tab under properties. I tried to add the song title and i get "A Disc Error occured during a write operation" diagnostic.
Go into My Computer and navigate to the folder containing the files, then right click on that folder and go all the way to the bottom and select properties, there are two attributes there, hidden and read-only, make sure both of those are unchecked. I had this problem when I got a new computer and was trying to put all my songs from my Ipod back into Itunes.

CA Stu
03-25-2006, 10:39 AM
http://www.ilounge.com/
Go here and you will find out more than you ever needed to know about ipod, itunes, and all kinds of ishit.
Thanks
CA Stu

Rocknpalms
03-26-2006, 09:40 AM
Very simple fix. Buy a Mac.
Hope this post helps my Apple stock. LOL