PDA

View Full Version : Tinted windows

Never Satisfied
03-25-2006, 10:04 AM
So I got a tinted window ticket and recived my letter from the court. It said with correction $10 and bail forfeiture $113. Question is, it says a point may be added to your record for bail forfeiture for a moving violation. Is a fix-it ticket a moving Violation? I just soon not take the tint off!

AZKC
03-25-2006, 10:17 AM
Window tint is almost mandatory here in AZ. Maybe we should start issuing tickets for not having tint :boxed:

ovrkll77
03-25-2006, 10:32 AM
if you don't get it signed off, and just pay the bail, then most likely it will go as a point

Beer-30
03-25-2006, 10:36 AM
Ultimately it is up the presiding Judge if it becomes a moving violation (point) or not. Usually would only become one if it was multiple offense. Last I heard, the fines tend to double as non-movers still show on your record, just not as a point (usually). It may be $220 next time, whether signed off or not.

RitcheyRch
03-25-2006, 10:41 AM
I paid the fine on mine years ago and it didnt show up as a point on my record.

SummerBreeze
03-25-2006, 10:59 AM
I owned a window tint place in NV. for years. We would get people like you come in from Ca. and I would give them a receipt saying that the tint was removed. The courts want proof like a receipt. You might try it.

USCFAN
03-25-2006, 03:13 PM
I got one earlier this month on the way to Havasu. The California Highway Patrol officer said they were going to really be focusing on window tint this year. Just to give you Hot Boaters who travel to Havasu on Highway 40 a heads up. Haven't recieved the ticket yet so I am not sure about the whole point and bond thing.

ahhell
03-25-2006, 04:57 PM
AZ encourages it.... :)
last time I got written off for tint I had to go to CHP and the officer had me roll the window down 1/2 way and ran her fingernail from the top down making sure there was none....-please

PBOCOP
03-25-2006, 05:28 PM
No it's not a moving violation, never in California. The only difference with Tint is if the officer marked off correctable. If he did, then it's a $10 fee plus correction. If not, then around $130 and you just move on.

Beer-30
03-25-2006, 05:31 PM
No it's not a moving violation, never in California. The only difference with Tint is if the officer marked off correctable. If he did, then it's a $10 fee plus correction. If not, then around $130 and you just move on.
Not necessarily. I have seen multiples marked non-dismissible, that the Judge decided would be dismissible. Judge has the final say, is all.

PBOCOP
03-25-2006, 06:16 PM
Well.....could be. But most of these types of tickets never make it near a judge. If you get a speeding ticket with a tinted window ticket for example, you go in, you pay it or get traffic school, and that's it. Only time ours go near a judge is if you try to fight it. But anyone that would fight a tint ticket is an idiot anyways. Most would pay the tint $10 and then fight the speed, so the tint isn't even brought up in court.

JetBoatRich
03-25-2006, 06:35 PM
The California Highway Patrol officer said they were going to really be focusing on window tint this year.
did he say why :argue: I find it amazing they need to focus on tinted windows :yuk:
I do not have my front wondows tinted, but the rest are all Limo Tint :cool: just to avoid the hassle :yuk:

Havasu_Dreamin
03-25-2006, 09:35 PM
For those of you with sunroofs, you may want to consider keeping the internal shade portion open all the time as it will let more light in and brighten up the interior from the roof and not make your front windows look so dark.....

USCFAN
03-25-2006, 09:51 PM
She didn't say. But I am sure it is a way to generate revenue being that many have illegal tint, and it is against the law in Cali.

RUCAV
03-25-2006, 09:59 PM
Not necessarily. I have seen multiples marked non-dismissible, that the Judge decided would be dismissible. Judge has the final say, is all.
Also, you cab get penalty assessment of $18.50 for every $10 of fine. Ultimately judges/commissioners do what they want anyways, but speaking generally most dont make it to a judge.

Throttle
03-25-2006, 10:18 PM
I am going to keep it short... hint, I got stopped again the other nite for tint - not good!

SnakeWrench
03-25-2006, 10:20 PM
Refer to post named "JUST GOT HOME"