PDA

View Full Version : Video capture?

Craig
12-26-2003, 04:13 PM
Anyone use any good USB video capture equipment to convert VHS movies to mpeg format? I bought one by Dazzle, a VCD 80. What a waste. Installed it and tried to start the tutorial. I get an error that say's "Tutorial has caused an error in WMADMOD.dll. Tutorial will close" and it says to restart the computer.
I did. Still get the same error. OK, so I figure I'll try and muddle through the program since I've never used this kind of equipment.
Try and start a capture and the video runs for 3 or 4 seconds but just static and sound on the preview. Then everything stops. Get out the manual and then go to on-line help. Nothing but pages of faq's and help menu's with nothing that applies to me. OK, how about a person? There isn't a phone number ANYWHERE in the manual or on the site so you can talk to a person :mad:
I took the piece of crap back to Best Buy and now I'm looking for something else. Any suggestions.

Kindsvater Flat
12-26-2003, 05:29 PM
I use Dazzle for VHS conversion with no problems. I also use Windows Movie Maker for direct conversion from the dv cam to the pc.
This is a VHS conversion that I did
Blown 472's Car (http://www.v-drivevideo.com/clips/carshrt.mpg)
This is a was with the dv cam direct with the pc.
Hud's Boat (http://www.schoutenranch.com/video/hud1.mpg)

Craig
12-27-2003, 06:39 AM
I've tried two different Dazzles, the DVC 80 I just took back and then a Creation Station 200 both with no luck. What operatinf system are you using? I'm running ME.

Craig
12-27-2003, 10:15 AM
Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing about ME. I think I'll upgrade to XP and then try again.

gnarley
12-27-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Craig
I've tried two different Dazzles, the DVC 80 I just took back and then a Creation Station 200 both with no luck. What operatinf system are you using? I'm running ME.
Craig don't even think twice about getting rid of Windows ME, do it! Step up to XP you will be glad you did, ME was a waste of time & money.

Kindsvater Flat
12-27-2003, 11:33 AM
I edit with 98se, ME and 2000 Pro. Neither one has ever given me a problem. I use Dazzle Digital Video Creator. I had one problem in the beginning but downloaded the patch from there website. Since then I have never had a problem. Only time I use it now is going back to old tapes. All the new stuff is shot on DV.

Craig
12-27-2003, 12:18 PM
Yeah I have a bunch of old video of my Kachina jetboat and my 114 pass with my Sportcat I want to change ove so I can post it on a video page I'm planning on putting on my web site.
I have had a bunch of goofy errors over time with ME. Go to the MS Knowledge Base and do all the trouble shooting and usually end up with having to do the last suggestion...reload ME, I'm tired of that :mad:
Craig

Kindsvater Flat
12-27-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Craig
Yeah I have a bunch of old video of my Kachina jetboat and my 114 pass with my Sportcat I want to change ove so I can post it on a video page I'm planning on putting on my web site.
I have had a bunch of goofy errors over time with ME. Go to the MS Knowledge Base and do all the trouble shooting and usually end up with having to do the last suggestion...reload ME, I'm tired of that :mad:
Craig
Send me the tape and I can rough edit it to a cd. With ME you should have windows movie maker and you can edit it. I've had to do that before for people.