PDA

View Full Version : diets

MsDrmr
12-29-2003, 02:33 PM
Question:
anyone try a good diet or a weight loss system that has worked for them. I am over thirty and have had a hysterectomy (they say that makes it hard to loose weight) I am serious about loosing the weight and have limited funds (for gym costs) anyone have any GOOD advice they can lend to me?

Kilrtoy
12-29-2003, 02:36 PM
eat right, eat more often and run.
cut the carbs down
bread pasta that sorta stuff must go...

rvrtoy
12-29-2003, 02:37 PM
The Suzanne Sommers diet worked very sell for a good friend of mine. She has lost nearly 30 lbs. over the past 6 months. She also walks at night now 4 times a week.
Good luck to you:)

78Eliminator
12-29-2003, 02:41 PM
Just eat meat and veggies. No more fried food, pasta, rice and breads. Do that and start running. Take it slow, but push yourself. Try to run a minimum of three times a week and a max of six. Set a goal of at least 5 miles a day.
Here was a diet I used:
Breakfast: Non fat yogurt, low fat granola bar
Lunch: Can of tuna or chicken breast. Eat it right out of the can with nothing on it.
Dinner: See above or have scrambled eggs with nothing on them. Every now and then, a steak with veggies. NEVER ANY SALT OR BUTTER.
Don't feel sorry for yourself when you do this diet. Your body is a machine and it tries to fool you to eat shitty food to pack on the weight in case you starve. Your body is programmed for days long gone when food was hard to come by. Once you break that psychological fixation, you will flow. Eating will no longer be a pleasurable experience, but simply a routine. I went from 205 to 150. I lost TOO MUCH weight and had to force feed myself to get back to where I wanted. Running can get as addictive as cocaine since you get the same endorphine rush. Be careful and listen to your body. Oh, and I lost this weight in 3 months.

78Eliminator
12-29-2003, 02:47 PM
Oh yeah, one more thing. Those days when you are exhausted and when you start to run, you think you are about to collapse and think there is NO WAY you are going to be able to run.....those are the days you burn the most. They also end up being the best running experieces cause your body sends the endorphines to you cause you are in such pain. You mind will float all over the place too. You will recite entire movies in your head and take mental trips just because your body is in so much pain and does not want to face the reality. HAHAHAHAHA

Mrs. Restless22
12-29-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by 78Eliminator
Oh yeah, one more thing. Those days when you are exhausted and when you start to run, you think you are about to collapse and think there is NO WAY you are going to be able to run.....those are the days you burn the most. They also end up being the best running experieces cause your body sends the endorphines to you cause you are in such pain. You mind will float all over the place too. You will recite entire movies in your head and take mental trips just because your body is in so much pain and does not want to face the reality. HAHAHAHAHA
This sounds funny, but its very true. I was a runner for 9 years, before I hurt my back, and this feeling hes talking about is a very cool feeling!

78Eliminator
12-29-2003, 02:54 PM
Cool! I stopped to gain some weight but am going to start again this January. I love to run. I got a real runners high when I was 13 but never have had one since. That was the single most intense feeling I have ever had. I felt like I could sprint endlessley......

MsDrmr
12-29-2003, 03:03 PM
you have been very helpful, I will keep you all informed, any other suggestions I am open to as well.

78Eliminator
12-29-2003, 03:04 PM
You don't need any other suggestions!!!! Get to work!