PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best/cheapest Online....

Rod-64
01-01-2004, 02:19 PM
Airline sites?
Any good experiences? Bad?
We want to plan a trip in April to go back to Rhode Island and I've never bought tickets over the net before.
Thanks.

Dr. Eagle
01-01-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Rod-64
Airline sites?
Any good experiences? Bad?
We want to plan a trip in April to go back to Rhode Island and I've never bought tickets over the net before.
Thanks.
I have had good luck with Expedia. Always good to check one of the others like Orbitz or travelocity too just to keep em honest. But I HATE priceline. Never will use them. You don't get to really chose your schedule and you have to commit to buying a ticket even if you don't like the choices. Just my .02

JustMVG
01-01-2004, 04:10 PM
My wife just went thru the whole booking a trip, we found out that after going to the airlines sites and going thru a travel agent, in this case it was far better to go thru the agent, she saved close to $1200.00 by doing that. Yes this was a trip that had a short notice time, and had to be taken care of fast. Our past experiences have been , local, or continental flights, your good going w the airline, international, an agent will , of course depending on the agent, get you the better price. Check as many of the airlines sites as you can , sometimes there are discounts given for using this card or that card, and watch out on the "miles", it doesn't cost the airlines much to give them away but it does for them to be used, they keep upping the amount of miles you have to USE, compared to what they're going to GIVE you.
Good Luck, Mike VG

Dr. Eagle
01-01-2004, 04:35 PM
I guess I should have mentioned that, never use an airline site (except for maybe Jet Blue or Southwest).
I found I could beat travel agents by lots of money regularly. In fact I went to Boston a few months back and shopped for a ticket on Expedia. I found one with the times I wanted and it priced at $667. The companies travel agent bought the same flight and when I got the tix, I was amazed that they had paid 1,600 for them. Like I said, just my experience over the years.
:D