PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready for some NASCARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Kilrtoy
01-02-2004, 09:44 PM
3 more weeks and it back on again boys.
Damn its been along time.
Tried to buy Vegas tickets Already sold out.....
Unless you buy their superweekend pack 4 bills a person

Mandelon
01-02-2004, 09:46 PM
C'mon Kilr, you have the $$$$$$$$$$

LASERRAY
01-02-2004, 09:46 PM
BRING ON THE HORSEPOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: Go Earnhardt!

Kilrtoy
01-02-2004, 09:48 PM
At that price and then rooms and gambling
Im flying back east to Richmond. For some reason the wife loves that track...
Then I can go site seeing . Gettysburg all the civil war stuff and the rest of the east coast....

Kilrtoy
01-02-2004, 09:48 PM
Ray they just did a special on him on CMT
he has 18 race cars...
I almost died....

LASERRAY
01-02-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Then I can go site seeing . Gettysburg all the civil war stuff and the rest of the east coast.... That is Awesome dude! I'd love to do that sometime. I have a brother that lives in N.C. so it wouldn't be to hard. If I had one race to attend all year, i'd pick the night race at Bristol hands down! EXCITING! And there's always fights.:mad:

jbtrailerjim
01-02-2004, 09:53 PM
I'm going to the Vegas race. My buddy that live's up there hook's me up with pit passes.:cool: I can't wait.

LASERRAY
01-02-2004, 09:54 PM
Ray they just did a special on him on CMT
he has 18 race cars...
I almost died.... And how about the raceshop itself? It looks like you could eat off the floor! Clean.

Mandelon
01-02-2004, 09:54 PM
Leave wife here with us and we will pay for your ticket back east..:D :D

JetBoatRich
01-02-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
Leave wife here with us and we will pay for your ticket back east..:D :D :D
:D

Windy
01-02-2004, 09:56 PM
I miss him...
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/671jjohnson00_driver.jpg

svlperry
01-02-2004, 09:57 PM
there suposed to have daytona testing on speed tv this month

HCS
01-02-2004, 09:57 PM
I'm ready to race. Trying to figure out how to put a pool together?
After all the football pools I'm going to have withdrawls.

svlperry
01-02-2004, 10:00 PM
hardcore my friends do a nascar pool every weekend of the season i'll find out how they do it and post it

Kilrtoy
01-02-2004, 10:06 PM
And how about the raceshop itself? It looks like you could eat off the floor! Clean.
Playboy did a shoot with him this month or last
It was awesome. The girls were commenting on how it was cleaner than their house....
Leave wife here with us and we will pay for your ticket back east..
I think that she would be more pissed off at that i left her behind, than if I cheated on her....
Wife have any hot friends.....:cool: :cool:

LASERRAY
01-02-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by MissHBjet
I miss him...
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/671jjohnson00_driver.jpg
AND I MISS HIM...............
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3381de-light.jpg

HCS
01-02-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by svlperry
hardcore my friends do a nascar pool every weekend of the season i'll find out how they do it and post it
Sounds good. I know there's alot of ways to do them.
Looking for the simple ones.

Kilrtoy
01-02-2004, 10:10 PM
I MISS HER
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111DSCF0004.JPG

Windy
01-02-2004, 10:18 PM
We all do!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3381de-light.jpg [/B][/QUOTE]
Rubbin is Racin

LASERRAY
01-02-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by MissHBjet
We all do!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3381de-light.jpg
Rubbin is Racin [/B][/QUOTE]
I remember one of his classic lines after he wrecked out at Bristol in '98 or '99, he said : "That ain't raceing, that's wreckin!":)

rrrr
01-02-2004, 10:29 PM
Then I can go site seeing . Gettysburg all the civil war stuff and the rest of the east coast....
Richmond is a cool track. Our guys run about 40 MPH faster than the NASCAR guys in qualifying. Picture 24 cars running that 3/4 mile track at almost 160 MPH. It's wild.
Last year I was doing the sign board on the backstretch near turn three. It was amazing to watch the cars exiting turn two, sliding sideways like dirt trackers. Little AJ Foyt IV lost it, looped it around and headed right for me. I hit the deck, right up against the wall. He hit about ten feet in front of me and I could see the back of the car hanging over the wall as he slid over my head going about 100 or so.
Scared me a bit. :D :D
I have a buddy there that does Civil War reenactments, he was an extra in Gods and Generals. He really makes the history come alive with his knowledge.
My 2004 racing season starts Wednesday. I'm going to Tulsa, a midget race called the Chili Bowl. I'm crewing for a couple of friends. Tony Stewart, Danny Lasoski, Ken Schrader, and Ron Capps (!) are a few of the 215 drivers that will be there.
Should be fun to see Capps in a car. He and Gary Scelzi showed up last year and ran a celeb race, so now Capps is gonna try the real thing. :D :D
Chili Bowl (http://www.chilibowl.com)

Kilrtoy
01-02-2004, 10:50 PM
Ken Schrader
I used to laugh at the guy,
Then I watched a special on him
He tore up the BUSCH series and was the hottest thing on four wheels. He just could not make the transfer to the big league for some reason.....
Actually he is a good driver...

LASERRAY
01-02-2004, 10:54 PM
Ken Schrader
I used to laugh at the guy,
Then I watched a special on him
He tore up the BUSCH series and was the hottest thing on four wheels. He just could not make the transfer to the big league for some reason.....
Actually he is a good driver... And Earnhardt liked Schrader too. He gave him alot of opportunities when others wouldn't, lent him money, lent him racecars, etc. Which is really ironic considering that Schrader was the first one on the scene when he died.

Kilrtoy
01-02-2004, 11:05 PM
He is a really down to earth guy who cares about others....

playdeep
01-02-2004, 11:20 PM
rrrr,
The Chili bowl is all about pure racing...
I wonder if "Smoke Johnson"will be there,I remember the year that he won...one of the best open wheel races that I have ever seen.(Smoke,aka Tony Stewart).
It's really to bad that more people have not seen Kenny Schrader in his favorite element...which is short track racing.
The guy is better than 99% of the NASCAR regulars on a short track.
You gotta love a guy who still runs the local bull rings,sticks around after the races and drinks beer with the fans.

Kilrtoy
01-02-2004, 11:21 PM
Thats what im talking about.......

LASERRAY
01-02-2004, 11:22 PM
He is a really down to earth guy who cares about others.... Schrader is cool. He's a Nascar throwback.:cool:

Kilrtoy
01-02-2004, 11:38 PM
i would love to see him win just once this year

LASERRAY
01-02-2004, 11:42 PM
i would love to see him win just once this year There's alot of guys i'd like to see win. Kenny Wallace, Mike Skinner, Johnny Benson, Mark Martin, Rusty..............................

blownmoney
01-02-2004, 11:45 PM
boogity,boogity,boogity, lets go racin boys'!!!!:D

Kilrtoy
01-02-2004, 11:55 PM
boogity,boogity,boogity, lets go racin boys'
Now that i miss

blownmoney
01-03-2004, 12:03 AM
no kiddin, get the big screen turned up loud, surround sound system cranked up, ... i was at daytona last yr, talk about giving ya chills , 43 cars a 200 mph for the first event of the yr it was freaking bad ass.. till it rained!!:( .. be even so it was something i'll never forget:D :D

LASERRAY
01-03-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by blownmoney
no kiddin, get the big screen turned up loud, surround sound system cranked up, ... i was at daytona last yr, talk about giving ya chills , 43 cars a 200 mph for the first event of the yr it was freaking bad ass.. till it rained!!:( .. be even so it was something i'll never forget:D :D For Sure! The Big Tracks (Daytona, Talledega) are my faves. You get 43 cars bunched-up going into the corners and it looks like a friggin' air show! I love it!

blownmoney
01-03-2004, 12:23 AM
i gotta do the night race at california this yr... who's goin?

LASERRAY
01-03-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by blownmoney
i gotta do the night race at california this yr... who's goin? California is such a Boring Track, which makes for a boring race. They need to bank the turns and make it a true speedway. Look how much better the race at Homested was this year with the new High Banks.:cool:

blownmoney
01-03-2004, 12:40 AM
i wouldn't know i've never been there, just sounds fun to see a race under the lights, that i don't have to go clear across the country to see!!,but i do agree that from what i've watched it could definatley use some banking!!

Kilrtoy
01-03-2004, 12:41 AM
California sucks
we have been every year and always wonder WHY
the track sucks.....
We are not going this year....

LASERRAY
01-03-2004, 12:44 AM
I put my name on the list in order to reserve a RV spot for the Labor Day race but they sold-out before my name came-up which is fine 'cause now I can spend labor day at the lake.:p

Kilrtoy
01-03-2004, 12:48 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111DSCF0012-med.JPG

LASERRAY
01-03-2004, 12:54 AM
California sucks
we have been every year and always wonder WHY
the track sucks.....
We are not going this year.... Me either. :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

JustMVG
01-03-2004, 01:56 AM
I have a motorhome spot for both nascar races a California, right on the back stretch going into turn 3, we've had since they offered spots in the infield, the racing could be better sure, but the nightlife is alotta fun, there's plenty to do and see in the infield, the invite is open to whoever wants to come out and party or kick back. For the cost of a wristband usually 45 bucks for the whole weekend, you can bring your bike or your skates and see the race from ground level or on top of the motorhome, and go to the turn you want to, and see 3 days of racing.
Mike VG

Capt. Insane-o
01-03-2004, 03:12 AM
after he stepped out of the BWM F1 car.
"Now that is a race car!" enough said. Nascar is a corporate tool.

LASERRAY
01-03-2004, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by Capt. Insane-o
"Now that is a race car!" enough said. Nascar is a corporate tool. We'll, it always has been Capt. Hasn't it? Richard Petty was Whoreing STP back in the day, was he not? What about Earnhardt peddling Wrangler Jeans? Corporate dollars are the reason that these teams have the $$$ to field the cars on Sunday. It's always been a business. It's plane and simple, No Dollars = No Nascar! Now the Corporate tools that you speak of can be found in Hollywood. Motion pictures, and t.v. shows are the real corporate tools. Every movie is now one big ad placement or product promotion. That gets under my skin!:mad:

SoCal_fun
01-03-2004, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by Capt. Insane-o
"Now that is a race car!" enough said. Nascar is a corporate tool.
DUDE!
I prefer Open Wheel Racing, but I still love NASCAR for what it is.
It's all about the money, and F1 is the worst of them all.
No $$$, no racing.

rrrr
01-03-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by playdeep
rrrr,
The Chili bowl is all about pure racing...
I wonder if "Smoke Johnson"will be there,I remember the year that he won...one of the best open wheel races that I have ever seen.(Smoke,aka Tony Stewart).
It's really to bad that more people have not seen Kenny Schrader in his favorite element...which is short track racing.
The guy is better than 99% of the NASCAR regulars on a short track.
You gotta love a guy who still runs the local bull rings,sticks around after the races and drinks beer with the fans.
Yep, Tony will be racing. Lasoski (who I runs a car for Stewart in the WoO) is providing cars for Schrader and Capps. If it's like most years, you won't be able to get within 200 feet of their pit and transporter.
Schrader started out in USAC, was an open wheel short track monster. I heard people say if you throw a handful of dirt in the air, Kenny will wanna race through it. :D
BTW, this race is indoors for those of you that aren't fans of the sport. The Tulsa Expo Center is one big ass building, something like 20 acres under the roof.