PDA

View Full Version : More help needed on stereo install...

locogringo
01-04-2004, 12:13 PM
Installation went pretty smoothly last night, eventhough the 01 wiring diagram must be different than the 2000 because none of the wires were of the same color (thanks again Dr. Eagle).
One obvious problem is that I am getting no sound from any of the speakers.
I am 99% sure that I hooked up the speaker wires correctly because I went of the wiring diagram for a 2001 GMC
Yukon XL/Suburban.
Is there an external amp that I don't know about that needs to be incorporated?
The Yukon XL does have a sub in the back.

locogringo
01-04-2004, 12:25 PM
I should have just bought the F'n plug adapter...!

Dr. Eagle
01-04-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by locogringo
I should have just bought the F'n plug adapter...!
Sorry loco. Let me consult the manual, and yes there is an external amp...but I think it is in the rear of the truck and you should only have to switch the wires at the radio. Let me consult the 01 manual again. Sorry, this manual has been used on up to 03 vehicles so far w/o prob.

JetBoatRich
01-04-2004, 06:17 PM
Dr. Eagle, you thought this would be easy:o

Dr. Eagle
01-04-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
Dr. Eagle, you thought this would be easy:o
No I only said it'd be easy for me to make an Excel Spreadsheet with the wiring colors/connector pinouts. The rest....was extrapolation (by others)....
:D :p :p ;) :D

Kachina26
01-04-2004, 06:38 PM
what diagram do you need, year make model I have all diagrams. Also look in the glove box and give me the U codes and the Y codes from the sticker in the glove box.

Dr. Eagle
01-04-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
what diagram do you need, year make model I have all diagrams. Also look in the glove box and give me the U codes and the Y codes from the sticker in the glove box.
Thanks Mr. Goodwrench!!! I have the two book Manual set for my 01 Burb, but it must have changed a bit between 00 and 01 for Locogringo...