PDA

View Full Version : Who is #1 College Football Team?

mbrown2
01-04-2004, 09:12 PM
After this pathetic game tonight, who is #1?

TheLurker
01-04-2004, 09:45 PM
You guys suck 42 views and only 2 votes? Come on state your opinion They are just like assholes everyone has one.
As A life long Bruin fan gulp mine is : USC was #1 in both polls and should have been in the Sweet & Low Bowl. Oklahoma should not have been there since they could not even win their conference.
Tonights game proved that.
So much for the Bull Champion Shit series people

Coach
01-04-2004, 09:49 PM
You should know who I think is #1. The Pac 10 was not as weak as all of the east coast hater thought.:mad:

clownpuncher
01-04-2004, 10:18 PM
USC, no doubt in my mind

MagicMtnDan
01-04-2004, 10:28 PM
USC coulda run up the score on either of these teams. Really a piss-poor display of the "best that college football has to offer."

Coach
01-04-2004, 10:34 PM
http://www15.footballfanatics.com/images/products/60427_xl.jpg

CMABadseed
01-04-2004, 10:48 PM
heisman?:confused:
national champions?:rolleyes:
best teams in college?:yuk:
my little brothers pop warner game had less mistakes!!!:eek:
hell i'm not even a huge SC fan but they are NO.1 this year.

Kilrtoy
01-04-2004, 11:23 PM
I HATE USC
but they deserve

LUVNLIFE
01-05-2004, 03:40 AM
You are such a hater.:rolleyes: :D

vdrivenman
01-05-2004, 03:58 AM
USC played an awsum game
LSU played an awsum game
i don't agree or like the selection process, and the two won't play
so i guess their both #1"s.
i like the fact that LSU handed OK their ass on a plate though !

SoCal_fun
01-05-2004, 05:42 AM
USC deserves the #1 rank. This split BS is just that, BS! :mad:

mbrown2
01-05-2004, 09:12 AM
The heisman for White was another joke after seeing him play against a reputable defense...guy won't even go in the first round...what a joke for a heisman quarterback..

BUSTI
01-05-2004, 09:40 AM
This system that was created, the BCS, if it was not around ...lets say it had never been invented...USC would be the undisputed top ranked Number One team in the country! they would be every bodies National Champion!
LSU although a good team wouldn't even be in the running. they would just be a number two team waiting for next year. When you look at it like that...it seems to me that LSU is the receipient of a kemme status championship trophy. Its like Dick Clark or Merv Griffin created a show called the Nokia BCS game just to sell advertising. how in the hell can LSU be a legit champ when niehter of the human polls have them number one except the computer geek computer poll selected them to play in the Sugar Bowl? They didnt even win it on the field...why do ask?
BECAUSE THEY DIDNT EVEN PLAY THE 2ND BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY. OK PROVED THEY WERE A 2ND RATE TEAM BY GETTING THEIR ASSES HANDED TO THEM TWO GAMES IN A ROW. HOW THE HELL CAN YOU BE A CHAMP,LSU, WHEN YOU BEAT AT BEST A TENTH RANKED TEAM. EVEN GEORGIA GAVE LSU A BETTER GAME I THOUGHT!
USC HAS MORE LEGITIMATE CLAIM TO THE NATIONAL CHAMPIOSHIP THAN USC.

Caribbean Jet
01-05-2004, 09:41 AM
no doubt that USC is #1. They should play next week and settle it.

twistedpair
01-05-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by BUSTI
USC HAS MORE LEGITIMATE CLAIM TO THE NATIONAL CHAMPIOSHIP THAN USC.
Truer words have never been spoken!;) :D

BUSTI
01-05-2004, 10:24 AM
OOPS, I meant USC has a more legit claim than LSU!

Tremor Therapy
01-05-2004, 10:31 AM
I am not a USC alum, but the best team at the end of the college football season for the past 2 years has been USC!

bronco88
01-05-2004, 10:50 AM
Unlike most of you think, the national championship was played last night, not last week.
LSU won and is THE national champion.
LSU won the BCS title game, their conference championship game and had only one loss to a ranked team.
USC won the Rose Bowl, played no conference championship game and loss to an unranked 5-6 team.
OU lost to a ranked team in an extra game, a conference championship game.
Oh yeah and USC plays in the PAC-10-whooop di do.

twistedpair
01-05-2004, 11:10 AM
Well, there you have it! Bronco is the official voice of college football, he obviously knows more about football that Professional Sports writers and even college coaches, both of whom voted USC #1.:rolleyes:

BUSTI
01-05-2004, 11:13 AM
bronco88,
LSU Played a 2nd place team in the BIg 12 for their manufactured championship. Unlike USC only the BCS commisioners and the LSU fans and players really think they are National Champions...oh ya i forgot you also think that. USC is a conference champ and they beat another conference champ, the Wolverines , in teir bowl game. Not some over rated 2nd place team that when it counted couldn't even win their conference.
If you believe that the BCS is a more reflective choice of what the 2003 college championship should be ...you are in the minority. USC has more regard as national champion across more circles like coaches, fans, and the press than LSU does. To bad for both schools because we will never know. How ever as a USC fan i'd rather be where we are than LSU is. who do you really think has more universally accepted respect as the National Champion USC or LSU? If you say LSU you are not intellectually honest...read the newspapers, listen to sportscasters and please be honest.
I belive that LSU deserves a lot of respect but the polls speak for themselves...USC is number one thought by more people across this nation..period and the phony BCS can't change that!

JakeAisA
01-05-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by bronco88
Unlike most of you think, the national championship was played last night, not last week.
LSU won the BCS title game, their conference championship game and had only one loss to a ranked team.
USC won the Rose Bowl, played no conference championship game and loss to an unranked 5-6 team.
You are so misinformed!
USC beat Michigan by two touchdowns.
Michigan beat Ohio State by two touchdowns.
Ohio State beat Kansas State handidly.
Kansas State stomped Oklahoma.
Oklahoma played like girls and only loss to LSU by a touchdown!
Are you telling me the BCS has any merit!!! It's bullshit. You're bullshit. Everyone knows it's bullshit. USC picked up more votes in the AP poll and the only reason LSU won the coaches poll is because they were bound by a contract!
USC rocks...it's great to be a Trojan and I love being hated by jealous losers who root for panzies.

Blown 472
01-05-2004, 11:24 AM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

summerlove
01-05-2004, 11:27 AM
Bronco Billy is nothing more than an SEC honk! ;) LSU, UF, Alabama, etc...What a great football conference, but not this year, with the exception of LSU. LSU played a great game against a much weaker team. Yea, SC lost to Cal in double OT, but knocked off at least 3 top ten teams in their quest for the NC. Auburn #3, Wazoo #6, and UM #4. Not bad....
While I don't know who would win the LSU - USC matchup, my money would be on SC after what they did to #4 UM. Oklahoma was a joke.

SCUBA STEVE
01-05-2004, 11:31 AM
In short.... USC!! LSU & USC would have been a kick ass Match up, but I feel USC would have came out on top. USC would have handled the LSU's blitz package and there was no way any one could cover both Williams & Colbert, then throw in the 3 running backs in the mix.... it would have been over for LSU. :D
Until next the season comes around again! Fight on. :D

bronco88
01-05-2004, 11:43 AM
Proud member of the East Coast NCAA Football Conspiracy against West Coast NCAA Football! :rolleyes:
What you guys do not consider is that they BCS considers the entire season and the poll you want considers that last game more.
The BCS reflects that USC lost to California, that LSU lost to Florida and OU lost to KSU at the time of last rankings.
It is your own fault, not the BCS or the East Coast.
:cool:

JakeAisA
01-05-2004, 12:28 PM
Proud member of the East Coast NCAA Football Conspiracy against West Coast NCAA Football! :rolleyes:
What you guys do not consider is that they BCS considers the entire season and the poll you want considers that last game more.
The BCS reflects that USC lost to California, that LSU lost to Florida and OU lost to KSU at the time of last rankings.
You do remember that going into the bowls, USC was ranked No. 1 both human polls...right? USC picked up more votes in the AP poll last night and was dropped from the BCS by contract. LSU won the Computer Bowl only that is a fact. No. 1 played in the Rosebowl and nobody can argue against that.

bronco88
01-05-2004, 01:06 PM
You do remember that the BCS, which USC agreed to abide by, considers more than the two polls don't you?

SCUBA STEVE
01-05-2004, 02:01 PM
USC still got 3 first place votes from the coaches poll. At least a few of them had to balls to tell it like it is.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=553394

summerlove
01-05-2004, 02:07 PM
Sooo, with that feeling and mentality, it's really U. of Hawaii's fault SC wasn't in the Sugar because they lost to Boise State. Face it BB, even the BCS folks are singing a "we really screwed this one up" tune...No one said LSU didn't deserve to compete for the title, but Oklahoma certainly did not. They didn't even win their conference! That game should have been LSU vs. USC, plain and simple.
BTW, BCS will change thier system, and hopefully it'll be better than the mess we have this year.
Oh well, Back-to-back for SC doesn't sound that bad, does it boys! Only 7 starters not returning - they have to be the 2004 pick out of the gate...I can't hardly wait for August 28 and the game between #1 USC and Hokies of VA Tech! Fight On!

mbrown2
01-05-2004, 02:15 PM
You do remember that the BCS, which USC agreed to abide by, considers more than the two polls don't you?
Yeah...a bunch of guys agreed to let computers do their voting...obviously, they (a lot of the coaches since some did not fulfill their contracts by voting differently) see their mistake now by doing that...never leave it in the computers...
LSU deserved to be there.....no question about that....but their opponent did not....they showed that in lackluster performance over the last two games..

SCUBA STEVE
01-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by mbrown2
Yeah...a bunch of guys agreed to let computers do their voting...obviously, they (a lot of the coaches since some did not fulfill their contracts by voting differently) see their mistake now by doing that...never leave it in the computers...
LSU deserved to be there.....no question about that....but their opponent did not....they showed that in lackluster performance over the last two games..
Well said. :) OU didnt do jack sh*t last night. I made the mistake of betting the over last night too. I failed to realize what insentive Nick Saben had for winning the game. Or else I would have bet LSU. A pay increase will motivate any one!! :D

CEO
01-05-2004, 03:08 PM
I'm a UCLA gay and I think that USC is #1 hands down, see what happens when computer geeks get involved with a real mans sport:yuk:

beyondhelpin
01-05-2004, 03:22 PM
First I think USC is the #1 team out there.
I am a die hard Sooners fan and to the person who said Oklahoma is a joke did not watch them play all season. I dont know who showed up for the big 12 conference championship or the Sugar Bowl but it was not the team I have been watching all year. We played like a high school team and LSU bearly beat us.
Unless you guys watched OU dominate good teams all year you do not have any idea how good we were. The individual players did not pickup all the awards because they are well liked.
I have never seen such a drastic change in a team in my life. Jason White almost never missed. Not only that he hit the receivers in stride so they never had to slow down and made sizable gains on the ground after catching the ball. His wrist was hurt so that explains his performance somewhat but what about the rest of the team. Who knows.
USC is #1.:(

SCUBA STEVE
01-05-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by beyondhelpin
First I think USC is the #1 team out there.
I am a die hard Sooners fan and to the person who said Oklahoma is a joke did not watch them play all season. I dont know who showed up for the big 12 conference championship or the Sugar Bowl but it was not the team I have been watching all year. We played like a high school team and LSU bearly beat us.
Unless you guys watched OU dominate good teams all year you do not have any idea how good we were. The individual players did not pickup all the awards because they are well liked.
I have never seen such a drastic change in a team in my life. Jason White almost never missed. Not only that he hit the receivers in stride so they never had to slow down and made sizable gains on the ground after catching the ball. His wrist was hurt so that explains his performance somewhat but what about the rest of the team. Who knows.
USC is #1.:(
Thats is a true statement. Before K-STATE spanked them they were smoking. All of a sudden OU went to the dumps? No running or passing game what so ever. There defesense played well enough to keep them in the game. But the offense stunk up the place???
Oh yeah USC is #1... ;)
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/829124_2417-med.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/829124_2401-med.JPG

bronco88
01-05-2004, 04:36 PM
Who's the two homo wearing the girlie hat on the left? :p
The championship is split, there is nothing we can do about it, so enjoy your share and we will enjoy our share.

MagicMtnDan
01-05-2004, 04:49 PM
What you don't consider is that neither OSU or LSU have a quarterback worth a dime. Giving White the Heisman trophy is an injustice and only harms the trophy's reputation.
You can support the BCS and its "system" all you want - supporting a system that produces illegitimate results only serves to reinforce the illegitimacy of LSU as "champions."
And in your heart of hearts you KNOW that USC would walk all over either of those two pathetic teams :D

MagicMtnDan
01-05-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by CEOinSoCal
I'm a UCLA gay and I think that USC is #1 hands down, see what happens when computer geeks get involved with a real mans sport:yuk:
Uh, did you MEAN to say that? :eek:

SCUBA STEVE
01-05-2004, 05:00 PM
Who's the two homo wearing the girlie hat on the left? :p
The championship is split, there is nothing we can do about it, so enjoy your share and we will enjoy our share.
Bucket hat, get it straight.
There isnt anything you or I can do about it but bitch about a need for an extra game. :cool: :D

TheLurker
01-05-2004, 06:21 PM
3 Things to say to that : First read a portion of Tom Dienharts article in the Sporting News-->
Take that, Sugar Bowl supporters. How did it feel to have your "national title" game trumped by the Rose Bowl? LSU, Oklahoma and USC each entered the postseason with one loss. But take a closer look at each team's defeat. The Sooners got smashed by Kansas State in the Big 12 title game, meaning OU wasn't even champ of its league. Please. LSU's loss came on its own turf to a good but not great Florida team. Come on.
The Trojans' defeat was in three overtimes at California, a rising program that dumped Virginia Tech in the postseason. In the end, LSU and Oklahoma were good, but USC was a smidgen better.
Second about what you dont think is an East Coast Bias The polls that make up the BCS(The "C" is Silent) all come from the east so teams on the east coast start ranked higher. Since the pollsters dont see west coast teams play because of the time difference but only see highlites or read about the games the next day. This is where West coast teams get shafted in the stregnth of schedule portion.
Third since you are from Florida and their is only one team with 5 count them 5 losses ranked in the top 25 you know who it is. Now are you going to say the Polls dont favor teams from the east

Bow Tie Omega
01-05-2004, 07:06 PM
Pete Carroll has already said he and his team are ready to play LSU to figure out this number 1 stuff once and for all. Its funny, you do not hear LSU saying anything . That is ok, their silence speaks volumes. WAY TO GO USC!!!

bronco88
01-05-2004, 08:39 PM
Pete Carrol can talk all he wants to, because he knows that it will not happen, because he knows that the NCAA will not allow it.
However, I would love to watch LSU and USC play.

Bow Tie Omega
01-05-2004, 09:13 PM
No, LSU does not respond because, they know what the outcome would be....USC #1...LSU #2

bronco88
01-05-2004, 09:15 PM
Nope sorry, USC has publically admitted that they are #2:
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040105/capt.la10701052225.college_fb_poll_la107.jpg
Bwahahahahahahahaha :p

Bow Tie Omega
01-05-2004, 09:20 PM
Then I guess that this is Nick Saban saying where LSU really belongs in the rankings...... HHHHHaaaaaaaaaaa:D

SCUBA STEVE
01-05-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Bow Tie Omega
Then I guess that this is Nick Saban saying where LSU really belongs in the rankings...... HHHHHaaaaaaaaaaa:D
lmfao... let me help out with the visual. :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=554037

Bow Tie Omega
01-05-2004, 09:34 PM
Thanks for that!:)

beyondhelpin
01-05-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
What you don't consider is that neither OSU or LSU have a quarterback worth a dime. Giving White the Heisman trophy is an injustice and only harms the trophy's reputation.
You can support the BCS and its "system" all you want - supporting a system that produces illegitimate results only serves to reinforce the illegitimacy of LSU as "champions."
And in your heart of hearts you KNOW that USC would walk all over either of those two pathetic teams :D
Gotta call you out on that one. You have apparently not watched any of the OU games this season other than the last 2. White is one of the best passers in the game. He performed almost flawlessly this season. Check the stats. Turns out he had a hurt wrist on his throwing arm. That is his one downfall, he damages easily.
If you are going to make statements that strong a least know what you are talking about.
PS Its OU not OSU.:confused:

mbrown2
01-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by SCUBA STEVE
lmfao... let me help out with the visual. :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=554037
That's some funny shit....the SC one was funny too...

wenkel
01-06-2004, 01:25 AM
the offense was lethargic because jason white was injured, i was at the big12 championship game when he got injured we were moving on k state pretty easily, check the stats, if jason did not get injured things would be different, lsu won by 1 touchdown and was hanging on by a thread at the end and that was OU's second worse game yet we lose by only 1 touchdown. as far as not winning our conference, until the pussy conferences like the pac 10 or big ten play a conference championship, (extra game and an extra chance to lose) dont talk about not winiing our conference. before jason got hurt ou would beat usc or lsu.

wenkel
01-06-2004, 01:29 AM
as far as the bcs is concerned it is not perfect but it does away with human bias which is why it was created in the first place.

bronco88
01-06-2004, 06:09 AM
Good reply to my pic! At least you guys can take a joke.

Bow Tie Omega
01-06-2004, 06:13 AM
But you need human observation as well. The computers are not accurate. If you are going to count strength of schedule, you need to count more then the win/loss ratio of opponents. The opponent played at one point of the season may have been a stronger opponent then they are at other points of the season due to injuries(just look to Oklahoma). That is what screwed USC, that alone. The game for the ages would have been USC vs Oklahoma at their best. I think every real football observer knows that LSU is inferior to USC. And even with Oklahoma at their best, USC would have beat them IMO, USC plays a more complete game.

vector
01-06-2004, 06:16 AM
If you look back at the schedule this year you will see that LSU played more teams ranked in the top 25 in the nation. That would be 5, to USC that only played 2. Also LSU did lose to a ranked team and USC lost to a unranked team. So that is a good reason that LSU is ranked #1.
LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU

HOSS
01-06-2004, 06:25 AM
LSU:D

SCUBA STEVE
01-06-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by vector
If you look back at the schedule this year you will see that LSU played more teams ranked in the top 25 in the nation. That would be 5, to USC that only played 2. Also LSU did lose to a ranked team and USC lost to a unranked team. So that is a good reason that LSU is ranked #1.
LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU
blah blah blah. j/k what you said is true. I have said it all along USC was lucky to be back in the top#3 after the Cal loss. A lot of teams had to lose for them to move up. I think they dropped to #8 after the cal loss. Who would have thought Miami would lose back to back games, Florida state lost to clemson, And Michigan did them a favor by beating up on Ohio State!!
Since we dont watch a lot of LSU games here in the west coast, they just quietly hung around and did their job.
I still say right now today. USC is the hottest & best football team in the nation. Momentum & confidence is everything. Pete Carrol has done a great job with his squad. :cool: :D

THOR
01-06-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by wenkel
as far as the bcs is concerned it is not perfect but it does away with human bias which is why it was created in the first place.
We are just thankful there is no bias here. Right Scuba. :p

life's a river
01-06-2004, 10:34 AM
Vector, keep in mind that Cal. beat VT, who beat Miami. Washington State beat #5 Texas. I think that the Pac 10 was a little stronger than people give them credit for. No way LSU would have beaten USC.
LAR

HOSS
01-06-2004, 10:50 AM
yeah
right

BUSTI
01-06-2004, 11:33 AM
BCS officials admitt they are wrong! Ok should never have been in the Sugar Bowl. LSU in a week to week analysis which is the most current way to track the number one and number two spots won a fake manufactured 1/2 of the National Championship!
NEW ORLEANS – Conceding "we made a mistake," the head of the BCS said an NCAA basketball tournament-style committee might become part of the selection process next season - reducing the possibility of a split national championship in football.
BCS coordinator Mike Tranghese said Sunday that several changes could be discussed in the coming months, from the elimination of computers as a selection factor to adding an extra Bowl Championship Series game.
The BCS came under criticism this season when USC, ranked No. 1 by the media and the coaches, was bypassed for Sunday night's Sugar Bowl. The Trojans won The Associated Press poll.
Oklahoma and LSU, which finished 1-2 in the BCS rankings, were invited to the Sugar Bowl, with the winner assured of getting the top spot in the coaches' poll.
It's precisely the sort of co-championship the BCS was supposed to eliminate.
"We've got a system that somehow leaves the No. 1 team in both human polls out of the championship game," Tranghese told a group of football writers. "We've got to do something."
One possibility that would address several different proposals is to set up a panel modeled after the one that selects the field for the 65-team NCAA basketball tournament.
If such a committee had been in place this season, it could have overruled the BCS standings, pointing to Oklahoma's 35-7 loss to Kansas State in the Big 12 title game. LSU and USC, which each lost earlier in the season, would have met in New Orleans.
Oklahoma remained No. 1 in the BCS based on its strength in the computer rankings.
"Computers don't calculate when you lose a game," Tranghese said. "The polls are a reflection of your performance from week to week. We should have thought of that. We made a mistake, and we should be criticized."
SORRY boys USC has a greater legitimate right to the national championship...according to the BSC!

BUSTI
01-06-2004, 11:41 AM
BCS officials admitt they are wrong! Ok should never have been in the Sugar Bowl. LSU in a week to week analysis which is the most current way to track the number one and number two spots won a fake manufactured 1/2 of the National Championship!
NEW ORLEANS – Conceding "we made a mistake," the head of the BCS said an NCAA basketball tournament-style committee might become part of the selection process next season - reducing the possibility of a split national championship in football.
BCS coordinator Mike Tranghese said Sunday that several changes could be discussed in the coming months, from the elimination of computers as a selection factor to adding an extra Bowl Championship Series game.
The BCS came under criticism this season when USC, ranked No. 1 by the media and the coaches, was bypassed for Sunday night's Sugar Bowl. The Trojans won The Associated Press poll.
Oklahoma and LSU, which finished 1-2 in the BCS rankings, were invited to the Sugar Bowl, with the winner assured of getting the top spot in the coaches' poll.
It's precisely the sort of co-championship the BCS was supposed to eliminate.
"We've got a system that somehow leaves the No. 1 team in both human polls out of the championship game," Tranghese told a group of football writers. "We've got to do something."
One possibility that would address several different proposals is to set up a panel modeled after the one that selects the field for the 65-team NCAA basketball tournament.
If such a committee had been in place this season, it could have overruled the BCS standings, pointing to Oklahoma's 35-7 loss to Kansas State in the Big 12 title game. LSU and USC, which each lost earlier in the season, would have met in New Orleans.
Oklahoma remained No. 1 in the BCS based on its strength in the computer rankings.
"Computers don't calculate when you lose a game," Tranghese said. "The polls are a reflection of your performance from week to week. We should have thought of that. We made a mistake, and we should be criticized."
SORRY boys USC has a greater legitimate right to the national championship...according to the BSC!

summerlove
01-06-2004, 12:08 PM
LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU
WRONG: SC played 3 top ten teams during the season - Auburn #3, WSU #6 and UM #4. Crushed all of em.

uclahater
01-06-2004, 04:18 PM
LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU
Another Imbreed comes out from LSU:rolleyes: How can you say that when you played Louisianna Monroe and another Division II School.
LSU offense is Pathetic, and that is the difference between USC and LSU. LSU defense is very good , but so is SC. Oklahoma and the big twelve was way overated:confused:
If your coach was so confident about it he would have excepted Pete Carrols Challenge to play first game next year:eek: Oh yah your probably playing Louisiannas Girl School of Rubber Bands:D

BUSTI
01-06-2004, 04:29 PM
The BCS has spoken and they admitt they fuched up big time! Too bad cuz I would like to have seen LSU get spanked by the mighty men of TROY! The Tigers ran out of gas and in the big game were lucky to have been ahead of the sooners. USC on the other hand stomped the shit out of UM!
Over all I am happy as the most respected college team is USC and LSU is second. I am happy notice the two human polls aren't running around trying to justify or apologize for selecting USC number One...only the BSC is embarrassed..not the sports writers of America or the coaches that had the balls to vote the truth!

HOSS
01-06-2004, 07:09 PM
Busti,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you suck.

Bow Tie Omega
01-06-2004, 07:37 PM
Good point BUSTI. The BCS is the only group appologizing. It is obvious they too know who really is #1. They have even said that before kickoff in September that there will be more changes including a computer over rule mechanism in which the coaches/writers will decide the final 2 if this happens again, along with other changes including modifying the "strength of schedule" factor. HOSS and all the other LSU fans, you guys have a good team, enjoy the win, and enjoy a piece of #1. You guys got away with one, but it sounds like the BCS will not allow this to ever happen again, preventing the true number one team from playing in the BCS Championship game .

SCUBA STEVE
01-06-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by uclahater
Oh yah your probably playing Louisiannas Girl School of Rubber Bands:D
lmfao!! :eek: :D

bronco88
01-07-2004, 01:20 PM
If anyone is lucky to have a share of the national champoinship it is USC not LSU. They had a better schedule, beat better teams and won the BCS. USC lost to Califonia.
If the BCS needs tweaking it should not include any team that does not win it's conference or any teams that loose to unranked teams(at the time they played).

Bow Tie Omega
01-08-2004, 09:14 PM
Bronco, obviously you have not seen any of USC's games. Listen to the coaches, the professional broadcasters, etc...etc. They all say USC is the best team in the country, LSU is number 2. Get off of the SEC bandwagon, there is alot more to football then the South. The true number one team in the NCAA is in Los Angeles, the left coast, not the south coast