PDA

View Full Version : Being nice: a dilemma

FMluvswater
01-06-2004, 11:23 AM
It's easy enough to either ignore or tell someone off who is being a complete jerk IYO but what about if it's more like this ...
Nice Person #1 dreads coming into contact with Nice Person #2 but Nice Person #2 is completely oblivious and friendly towards them. Nice person #1 knows there's no explainable reason why they don't like Nice person #2 they just don't and they feel guilty cuz well it isn't very nice ya know and afterall Nice person #1 really is a nice person they just don't happen to enjoy the company of Nice Person #2.
What to do? Grin and bear it?
No I'm really not Nice person #1 :D .... but I really do know someone who is faced with this dilemma. Just thought maybe someone here would have some ideas of how to handle such a thing. I will of course pass on any helpful suggestions to "Nice person #1" ... and take full credit! :D ;) J/k :D

Tom Brown
01-06-2004, 11:27 AM
I suspect that, over time, you will learn to enjoy conflict. :D

Chase
01-06-2004, 11:30 AM
Could #1 just sort of avoid #2?????

FMluvswater
01-06-2004, 11:30 AM
**** off Tom! It's not about me! :D

Chase
01-06-2004, 11:31 AM
:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

FMluvswater
01-06-2004, 11:33 AM
unless I'm "nice person #2". :( :D

Chase
01-06-2004, 11:35 AM
You if you are #2 then you know #1 does not like you.........soooo............????????

Tom Brown
01-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by FMluvswaterbabe
**** off Tom! :D
Why are you so mean to me all the time? That makes it difficult for people who are friends with both of us.

MagicMtnDan
01-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Nice person #1 knows there's no explainable reason why they don't like Nice person #2 they just don't and they feel guilty cuz well it isn't very nice ya know and afterall Nice person #1 really is a nice person they just don't happen to enjoy the company of Nice Person #2.
I've read many of your posts and you're obviously an intelligent person (can't tell from posts if you're "nice" :D but that appears to be the case). This is what life is all about - dealing with people.
It's not always a nice person meets a not-nice person and it's clear what path to take (avoid the not-nice person). Life is more complicated than that. Why can't nice person #1 simply chat amiably with nice person #2 when they meet? #1 can avoid #2 if that's more comfortable for him/her.
Aw $hit, I can't believe I'm responding to this non-issue. :yuk: Surely you can advise #1 on how to get through his/her day :)

Tom Brown
01-06-2004, 11:44 AM
Why advise anyone of anything? What about just letting people be themselves and letting things play out how they will?
If they are good people, they will sort this out themselves. A little respect and belief in them and it's a done deal. :cool:

FMluvswater
01-06-2004, 11:44 AM
I meant "a" "nice person #2" not "the" "Nice person #2" :D and you're right if I knew I was a "NP #2" it strikes out the oblivious part and well if I know someone don't like me well then fine I don't like them either and they aren't very nice at all! :mad:

FMluvswater
01-06-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
Why are you so mean to me all the time? That makes it difficult for people who are friends with both of us.
I thought I was being nice not mean? :confused:

FMluvswater
01-06-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
I've read many of your posts and you're obviously an intelligent person (can't tell from posts if you're "nice" :D but that appears to be the case). This is what life is all about - dealing with people.
It's not always a nice person meets a not-nice person and it's clear what path to take (avoid the not-nice person). Life is more complicated than that. Why can't nice person #1 simply chat amiably with nice person #2 when they meet? #1 can avoid #2 if that's more comfortable for him/her.
Aw $hit, I can't believe I'm responding to this non-issue. :yuk: Surely you can advise #1 on how to get through his/her day :)
No seriously thanks for your reply MMD. NP #1 is basically letting it ride and she does sometimes manage to avoid her "friend" but it's uncomfortable.
It seems to be a situation without a thinkable answer ... it will resolve itself in due time. She told me about the situation and I had wanted to help if I could. She'll do what works for her. Maybe she just wanted to rant and didn't need an answer. I'm just meddlesome. :)

Tom Brown
01-06-2004, 11:54 AM
I thought I was being nice not mean? :confused:
Hey, these aren't sobs of happiness. :(
:wink: :D

FMluvswater
01-06-2004, 11:58 AM
Why advise anyone of anything? What about just letting people be themselves and letting things play out how they will?
If they are good people, they will sort this out themselves. A little respect and belief in them and it's a done deal. :cool:
You might hate this but I agree with you. :) She asked me what I thought and I had no advice to give. Thought maybe someone else could relate and say what worked for them. :)

clownpuncher
01-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Put em both in a locked room with a bottle of Jaegermeister. Leave both in there until the bottle is empty.
I know from personal experience that it's impossible to hate someone after a half a bottle of that stuff:D
This is scientifically proven method. NASA or something like that

beached 1
01-06-2004, 12:13 PM
I just can't think of any nice way to get rid of him without comming accross, not so nice..
I really don't want anyone to think I'm a jerk, but I don't like you....piss off.
;)

Tom Brown
01-06-2004, 12:14 PM
You Americans might not know this but there is a bottle opener on the Canadarm. That's how they get along so well on extended missions.
We learned this over centuries of sharing log cabins to get away from grizzly bears.

FMluvswater
01-06-2004, 12:15 PM
LMFAO!!! That would so NOT suit either of them and is therefore a REALLY hilarious thing to imagine ... so thank-you for that CP! :D
I want to tell her to quit being nice ... but she's too nice to do that. :rolleyes:
I've been on the receiving end of "I don't like you. I don't want to be friends with you. Get lost!" and it hurt yet I still think she should come clean with NP #2 and say pretty much that (but nicer of course- geez I'm not heartless). IMO truth only hurts if you believed a lie first and hurts longer the longer you believed it.

beached 1
01-06-2004, 12:18 PM
You Americans might not know this but there is a bottle opener on the Canadarm. That's how they get along so well on extended missions.
We learned this over centuries of sharing log cabins to get away from grizzly bears.
you're right cause Americans would have figured it out much sooner..
:D

Blown 472
01-06-2004, 12:21 PM
Tell them to both **** off and go to the bar.

clownpuncher
01-06-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Blown 472
Tell them to both **** off and go to the bar.
Is that, tell them to **** off and THEY go to the bar?
Or, tell them to **** off and YOU go to the bar:D

Sherpa
01-06-2004, 03:05 PM
stab both of them in the neck with a fork, and have sex with them........
--problem solved.....
--guess you had to be there.... Sherpa

Ziggy
01-06-2004, 05:21 PM
Seems to me there is more than meets the eyes here.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Or maybe since they are both nice(as in positive polarity) -then it makes sense that they can not be joined in harmony without creating sparks. hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm:confused:

Infomaniac
01-06-2004, 06:12 PM
I have 3 things come to mind for 2 girls to become the most intimate of friends.
And nice person#3 could watch.
Maybe I am nice person #3?

ACCEPTENCE
01-06-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Infomaniac
I have 3 things come to mind for 2 girls to become the most intimate of friends.
And nice person#3 could watch.
Maybe I am nice person #3?
The world is full of Nice Person #3's, how to decide which one of them should be the one to watch???
Maybe a raffle???