PDA

View Full Version : I can't wait to see....at the LA Show?

roln 20s
01-06-2004, 02:49 PM
I can't wait to see GT's new Howard- and the "new" version of the 25 Bullet (not closed, and not cuddy/open, I think you can figure it out).
Also, I hear Force is ready to bust out the canopy models- can't wait to see them too!
What about you?
Roln 20s

roln 20s
01-07-2004, 12:22 PM
No way is excited to see anything--then why the hell are you going (no offense to those who are not:D)
Roln 20s

roln 20s
01-07-2004, 12:22 PM
No one is excited to see anything--then why the hell are you going (no offense to those who are not:D)
Roln 20s

JetBoatRich
01-07-2004, 12:59 PM
Must just be you and you will have the place to yourself:(

roln 20s
01-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Must just be you and you will have the place to yourself
I doubt it, but that would be real cool. Just one huge candy store:D
Roln 20s

Picklefork
01-07-2004, 01:21 PM
I'm excited to be going. Can't wait to see all of it, every last boat and piece of hardware. I'm wearing my old Tony Lama's, the comfortable ones. I'm planning on a lot of walkin'.

MsDrmr
01-07-2004, 02:40 PM
I CAN'T WAIT TO GO, I'M DRESSED, MY HAIR IS DONE, MAKE-UP ON,MONEY IN PURSE, CHARGE CARDS READY,,,CARS WARMED UP,,,ONLY ONE THING I LEFT
WHEN IS IT?

BoatFloating
01-07-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by mrsdrmr
I CAN'T WAIT TO GO, I'M DRESSED, MY HAIR IS DONE, MAKE-UP ON,MONEY IN PURSE, CHARGE CARDS READY,,,CARS WARMED UP,,,ONLY ONE THING I LEFT
WHEN IS IT?
Jan 24th - Feb 1st
Turn the car off!:D

Sandbar Mike
01-07-2004, 03:51 PM
Roln,
Let me know what day you'll be down, We'll throw down some beers at the show.

Reaper1
01-07-2004, 04:04 PM
I don't know if I'm sportin as much wood as roln is to see the show but I am excited. Maybe a Semi. I enjoy seeing all the new shizzle, especially the Cats.
So what else is going to be new? I know roln mentioned Force with the canopies, that's pretty cool. What about HTM's deck boat and the new cat from Shockwave. Are they going to make a debut.
I'll throw back some cold Buds with you guys. I think I might go the first day 1/24.

Up 4 River
01-07-2004, 05:21 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing Dimarco Bros new Conquest Deckboat!:D Also always am interested to see what Howard has on the show floor.

Faster Daddy
01-07-2004, 05:21 PM
I looking forward to seeing the first new 28 deckboat from Lavey, been looking at the molds for a while and want to know how the boat turned out.........oh yea, and models :cool:

dimarcobros
01-07-2004, 05:22 PM
Thanks, me too :D :D
DMB

mbrown2
01-07-2004, 05:25 PM
I will be more excited when Mercury shows up with their 450HP 4 Stroke Whacka...but I don't think that will be there....however, I do want to look at the RIB boats there...I want a small center console one...around 13' to 14' ft...with maybe a jet on it...those seem like they would be a blast..

1Bahnerjet
01-07-2004, 05:40 PM
I heard a Rumor that for one nite after show is Closed to the Public, they let in all the Hollywood Hot Shots to pick out there new Boats without having to sign autographs for the General Public. Can't attend but if I could I would Check the Schiada Booth to see what Work of Art they Show.:cool:

CEO
01-07-2004, 08:46 PM
I'm am going for sure, I don't think the wife will be going. Which means I will have time to bullshit ALOT!:)

CrazyHippy
01-07-2004, 09:11 PM
I want to see some thing exciting.... Maybe A STV, or a Mirage. No more of these "Hot Yachts"
:rolleyes: :D
BJH

jbtrailerjim
01-07-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by CEOinSoCal
I'm am going for sure, I don't think the wife will be going. Which means I will have time to bullshit ALOT!:)
Good idea. I was thinking the same thing. They get to impatient when you start bullshitting with people.

roln 20s
01-08-2004, 08:08 AM
Let me know what day you'll be down, We'll throw down some beers at the show.
Hey Mike-
I plan on going the first Saturday its open. I think my GF and I will make it a 3 day weekend, and head up on Friday morning, do some shopping to keep her happy before the big Saturday. I'll definately be around the Force booth for a while- I owe Dano a thanks!
It would be fun to meet up and pound a few- hope to see you them.
Roln 20s

Sandbar Mike
01-08-2004, 09:10 AM
Sounds Good, Reaper & Roln
I'll see you guys there on the 24th.
CEO, Good Call after taking my wife and 4 yr old last year, It wont happen again.
See you guys out there

Dave C
01-08-2004, 10:30 AM
I want to see that 26 Daytona in person. I have never seen one.
There are none in wacky Norcal.

mbrown2
01-08-2004, 10:32 AM
I would like to see the new Daytona 25...that is a pretty good looking cat from the pics I have seen...

MagicMtnDan
01-08-2004, 10:51 AM
Maybe we should schedule a gathering at the show? How about a location to meet each other (which booth will have the best/most hottie models)?
We could use hand signs to let others know that we're Hot Boat Forum members. This one might work...
http://www.chezmaya.com/cartes6/finger.jpg
We could print these out and put them on our shirts to help identify each other at the show...
http://www.thebird.org/fun/finger.jpg

TheLurker
01-08-2004, 11:45 AM
<--- Is really looking forward to going on the 24th.
Dont know if im going to bring the wife yet though. How many other wives are going to come?
Anyone that wants to meet up and drink a few beers pick a place

MagicMtnDan
01-08-2004, 03:29 PM
Are they serving beer inside the hall? :cool:

25 Eagle
01-08-2004, 03:41 PM
If I were to fly in, how much time would you allow to get back to the airport[LAX?] after leaving the show? Come in on a weekday, and out the same day. Is 5-6 hrs enough time to see all the hipo boats? Any other info? Thanks

TheLurker
01-08-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
Are they serving beer inside the hall? :cool:
Always have in the past, but its not cheep:( :yuk: :mad:

MagicMtnDan
01-08-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by 25 Eagle
If I were to fly in, how much time would you allow to get back to the airport[LAX?] after leaving the show? Come in on a weekday, and out the same day. Is 5-6 hrs enough time to see all the hipo boats? Any other info? Thanks
It's at the convention center which isn't too far from LAX. If you had no luggage to check in and were able to get a cab right away (upon leaving the convention center which should be do-able) you could make it in an hour, possibly less, from the front door of the convention center to the gate at LAX. Of course that's assuming there's no accidents or tie-ups (and that's not likely - if someone flicks a booger out their window here in SoCal traffic backs up like a constipated chick).
As for the beer, maybe we should sneak in a few cold cases and a 4-person beer bong just for the occasion!

BoatFloating
01-08-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Sandbar Mike
Sounds Good, Reaper & Roln
I'll see you guys there on the 24th.
CEO, Good Call after taking my wife and 4 yr old last year, It wont happen again.
See you guys out there
I'll be there the first day also.....

roln 20s
01-09-2004, 07:47 AM
In 2001, my dad flew from Phx and I flew from NorCal and we meet at LAX around 9am. From the time we met up, rented a car, and then went to the show, we were there around 10:30. We looked all day, even went back to see a couple builders again, and left around 6pm, went and grabbed some food and headed back to the airport. Our flights left around 8:30. We never had a problem. Great day trip, and we did this on a Saturday!
Roln 20s

Reaper1
01-09-2004, 09:23 AM
Sandbar Mike, Boat Floating
What time you all thinking bout showin up?
Roln - I've never met you but I think we could talk CAT for hours.:cool:
Rocky - You sneakin in a bottle of the finest French Vodka?:D

BADBLOWN572
01-09-2004, 09:38 AM
Last year we simply brought a flask of Jack and bought a coke at the food stand. Worked perfectly!

BoatFloating
01-10-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Reaper1
Sandbar Mike, Boat Floating
What time you all thinking bout showin up?
Roln - I've never met you but I think we could talk CAT for hours.:cool:
Rocky - You sneakin in a bottle of the finest French Vodka?:D
I'm rolling in about 10am. Those damn goose bottle are so big. I might bring in a small deal of Capt.....