PDA

View Full Version : Howdy KACHINA26!

LASERRAY
01-07-2004, 10:53 PM
Hey Buddy, hows-it hanging? We were talking last night about our physical ailements and occupations, remember? Anyway, I saw my Orthopedic Surgeon this afternoon about my sore right shoulder, which I had operated-on in April of 2002 by said surgeon. He did an x-ray and reiterated what he told me post-surgery almost two years ago. He said "you have the shoulder of an 85 year-old man!" Yikes! I Feel like a 85 year old man at my right shoulder. He said that I have SEVERE Arthritis in my shoulder joint, and that I'll need shoulder replacement in 10 to 15 years. That's alarming considering i'm only 36 now. Anyhow, he gave me cortozone shots and sent me home. I see him again in four weeks for a re-check. Sucks being me I guess.:cool:

JetBoatRich
01-07-2004, 10:59 PM
Ray, you are an old 36 year old:rolleyes:

LASERRAY
01-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
Ray, you are an old 36 year old:rolleyes: Yes. I feel 49 years older then I am.:D

JetBoatRich
01-07-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Yes. I feel 49 years older then I am.:D
Sucks to be you:(

LASERRAY
01-07-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
Sucks to be you:( Why yes, I'm starting to realize that!:D :D :cool:

Kachina26
01-07-2004, 11:13 PM
I just had a bunch of work done on my left shoulder last year. The first Cortozone I had made me want to puke, I thought I was gonna fall down. Not from the pain, it just made me sick. I just went back to work monday from my last little "vacation" I had hernia surgery last December. This is why the wife and I want me in a different field, I'm 33 and feel like I'm 53 some days. New shoulder would suck at age 46! I didn't wakeboard 1 time last year, I was afraid to re injure my shoulder. I ended up doing it anyway when I dug some post holes last fall. Feels better now but I learned that I do have limits.:(

LASERRAY
01-07-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
I just had a bunch of work done on my left shoulder last year. The first Cortozone I had made me want to puke, I thought I was gonna fall down. Not from the pain, it just made me sick. I just went back to work monday from my last little "vacation" I had hernia surgery last December. This is why the wife and I want me in a different field, I'm 33 and feel like I'm 53 some days. New shoulder would suck at age 46! I didn't wakeboard 1 time last year, I was afraid to re injure my shoulder. I ended up doing it anyway when I dug some post holes last fall. Feels better now but I learned that I do have limits.:( Funny you mention that about the Cortozone making you fell sick. I didn't feel sick, just lost my appetite. My wife had a nice dinner waiting for me when I got home and I just wasn't hungry. I was able to stomach three Makers Marks and Coke.!:eek: I guess the cortozone takes 48 hours to work completely so time will tell. It feels a lot better, but not 100%. I'm sure i'll never see 100%. I'll settle for 75%.:wink: We should make some river/lake runs this year. We can compare scars!:D I'll buy you a beer, or three!:cool:

gnarley
01-07-2004, 11:46 PM
Watch those Cortozone shots, last year my wife had one in her shoulder and the Dr. went to far & punctured her lung! It took her a couple of months to recover & couldn't fly for about a month either, it sucked :(

LASERRAY
01-07-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by gnarley
Watch those Cortozone shots, last year my wife had one in her shoulder and the Dr. went to far & punctured her lung! It took her a couple of months to recover & couldn't fly for about a month either, it sucked :( Ouch! That must have been one hell of a needle to do that! Or she's a tiny thing! Sorry to hear about that.:eek:

Kachina26
01-08-2004, 11:22 PM
Don't get too many of those shots either, my wife tells me you're not supposed to get more than 2-3 in a lifetime. I've had my limit.