PDA

View Full Version : The only thing cheap in a boat....

wsuwrhr
01-08-2004, 10:58 PM
are the damn passengers.
courtesy of my Uncle.
Brian

HCS
01-08-2004, 11:12 PM
Good one. I was expecting something else.:D

Chase
01-09-2004, 06:06 AM
I agree with you there.......some are better than others though.

JetBoatRich
01-09-2004, 06:45 AM
I have plenty of both side of the spectrum. Some want to pay for everything and do what ever necessary to help out, almost overkill:D
Then the ones without a clue, don't offer a dime, you even give them a ride in your truck. They bring enough for them self and want to know where to put it. Big ice chest half full, you know the story.:mad:

life's a river
01-09-2004, 07:26 AM
How about the people that only offer $5 which might help in the taxi out of the no wake zone and not much else!
LAR

OLDRAT
01-09-2004, 07:28 AM
Especially the uninvited focks, they show up at the house with two beers and want a boat ride.
"do you see a sail on this thing?, it don't run on God's blessing".
The sublime trick I use is to cruise over to the marina and top it off and see if anyone whips out the wallet besides me. If not, it is a short trip back to the dock while I'm saying "damn motor don't sound right, sorry folks, we will have to do this another time".
So as they are driving away, I'm going boating.
I also must say, the ones that you least expect to help with the boat work or expenses want to pay for everything and show up with several cases of beverages and truly enjoy their time on the water.
Have a good weekend all!

svlperry
01-09-2004, 08:09 AM
if i go out with anybody i do whatever i can to help out with everything whatever it is

ITSALLGOOD69
01-09-2004, 08:13 AM
YOU AIN'T KIDDING!!!!!!!

ratso
01-09-2004, 08:16 AM
I don't care how cheap they are as long as they have some T&A.:D

Chase
01-09-2004, 08:24 AM
Or when you ask a couple people to come for a boat ride and when you are ready to go they show up with a couple friends that they asked to come with THEM.........OR......the people who love boating and wakeboarding, so you ask them to come for a rip...they figure you were going anyway so why should they pay anything. Certain individuals who have spend (or should I spent ..past tense) a great deal of time with us on the water, who do not move when I pull up to the gas pumps. They drink my beer, eat our snacks. Believe me we let this go for only so long...notice I mentioned past tense above.

Dave C
01-09-2004, 08:59 AM
ass, cash or grass... nobody rolls for free

Pointerman
01-09-2004, 09:04 AM
:rolleyes:

BADBLOWN572
01-09-2004, 09:36 AM
I have a very low tolerance for stupid people to begin with and even less when they are around my boat. A stupid person is someone who knows what is right and doesnt do it. This could be kicking down cash, gas, helping on the boat, following simple instructions, etc... Doesn't matter. I get angry very quick when someone is acting stupid so I just choose not to take them. I will give everyone a shot, blow it once, and you are done! Forget ever coming back. Currently when I go to the river, I roll with a good group of people who we have been going with for the past 2 years and no problem with the members of the group. Occasionally one of the group members will want to bring friends, which is cool, but when their friends start acting stupid, they have to take care of the friend for the remainder of the trip. If the friend acts stupid, it is the last trip with me. I go to the river to enjoy myself. I don't want to have to worry about getting shafted on costs or worrying about what other people are going to do. If you aren't there to contribute you are you aren't going to be there!

TrojanDan
01-09-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
I have plenty of both side of the spectrum. Some want to pay for everything and do what ever necessary to help out, almost overkill:D
Send 'em my way. They can fill up my 80 gallon fuel tank. I won't be mad. :D :cool:

mirvin
01-09-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
Then the ones without a clue, don't offer a dime, you even give them a ride in your truck. They bring enough for them self and want to know where to put it. Big ice chest half full, you know the story.:mad:
Dang Rich, you're not talking about me are you?;)

JetBoatRich
01-09-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by mirvin
Dang Rich, you're not talking about me are you?;)
Flake, I have never met you in person yet:eek:
j/k, maybe the February trip

mirvin
01-09-2004, 09:49 AM
Sweet, a February trip? I'm hoping to get out to RWYB in March too:D
Sorry if I was annoying last night. I don't get out much (in the evening). Please refer to my signature:wink:
Mirv:cool:

Pointerman
01-09-2004, 09:51 AM
Personally, I fight with my friends about trying to contribute cash for gas. I look at my boat as my gift to my friends. I keep a tight circle of a few friends and quite frankly a little cash between lifetime friends is nothing to me. I don't want to lose a good friend over money, so I just never expect or ask for money from my friends.
On the other hand, I don't invite that many people out on my boat, so the folks that do come are very good friends. Got a new boat this year, so I will probably be inviting a broader range of folks out on the water as I will be going boating a lot more this year and want to share the fun.

jbtrailerjim
01-09-2004, 09:52 AM
I very seldom invite friends on my boat. I'm too picky about my boat and I end up worrying about how they treat my boat while they are on it the whole time. It's just easier with just my wife and two kid's. I don't have to put up with friend's drinking my beer, eatin my food, and f'en up my boat.

Pointerman
01-09-2004, 09:54 AM
Well, that is a mightly nice boat you have there.

mirvin
01-09-2004, 10:04 AM
I'm with you JB, most of my friends don't know their way around a boat and it just causes problems that you don't need. I try to limit my land based freinds involvment in my boating:D

BADBLOWN572
01-09-2004, 10:13 AM
Pointer, I agree with you 100%. I never ask those who come for cash, but I will definitely notice if I don't have any $ at the end of the weekend and they are blowing cash on drinks, etc... You are right, what is a couple hundred bucks on a grand scale? Not much! I am extremely lucky. I dont have to worry because my friends #1 will chip in extra before ever shorting anyone, #2 will help out with the boat, #3 listen to me if I have anything that needs to be done. It is definitely appreciated when we get back to the house and before anyone goes inside, they all clean out and unload the boat, and start wiping it down. Belive me it is noticed and appreciated. I have no problem what so ever having people like that on the boat. I just have a very low tolerance for stupid people which is why I don't associate with them.

Doug H.
01-09-2004, 10:18 AM
Rich, im sorry i gave you only $2, i thought your boat was only running on 3 cylinders :rolleyes: so i figured we'd save some gas that way.
once you do a tune up on that pig then i'll bump up my gas money to the tune of $5-$7 :D
oh wait, i did detail your boat once, i think you should pay me to hang out with you next time :p

Pointerman
01-09-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by BADBLOWN572
Pointer, I agree with you 100%. I never ask those who come for cash, but I will definitely notice if I don't have any $ at the end of the weekend and they are blowing cash on drinks, etc... You are right, what is a couple hundred bucks on a grand scale? Not much! I am extremely lucky. I dont have to worry because my friends #1 will chip in extra before ever shorting anyone, #2 will help out with the boat, #3 listen to me if I have anything that needs to be done. It is definitely appreciated when we get back to the house and before anyone goes inside, they all clean out and unload the boat, and start wiping it down. Belive me it is noticed and appreciated. I have no problem what so ever having people like that on the boat. I just have a very low tolerance for stupid people which is why I don't associate with them.
I hear you. My friends usually want to kick in cash, but I make more than most of them so I would feel like a schmuck taking their money. Sounds like you have good friends. I am pretty fond of my buddies also. Sucks to have cheap friends and always getting pissed because you are picking up the tab.

mirvin
01-09-2004, 10:51 AM
BadBlown, I agree, you are fortunate to have such friends. Growing up I had a good friend with a place in Havasu and it was always a party. Me and a scarce few others however were the only ones who kicked in. We would clean the boat and make it all shiny and make sure that our friend who was kickin everybody down had everything taken care of, after all, that's what freinds are for. The rest of those knuck heads didn't get invited back;)