PDA

View Full Version : Flashwave- saw your swim on Speedvision...

Havasu Hangin'
01-11-2004, 09:06 AM
...and it didn't look like alot of fun. No wonder you're thinking "canopy"...

Flashwave
01-11-2004, 02:29 PM
HH,
Glad you enjoyed it. The adrenaline was pumping for two weeks after that one. I would rather get pumped up flying the boat instead of flying out of the boat.:) Wife watched it this morning and looked over and said you should be committed. Wonder what she meant? :D
Jim

Havasu Hangin'
01-11-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Flashwave
Wife watched it this morning and looked over and said you should be committed. Wonder what she meant?
Maybe she meant, "I am really committed to you". ;)
Also saw the interview- looks like you knew who to lay the blame on....
You going out to the Heatwave this year?

rude235
01-11-2004, 03:25 PM
flashwave, i had no idea that a professional offshore racer posted on here. glad to see ya 'round these parts!! i love watching you guys race on sunday mornings. i was very disappointed with speedvision when they got rid of "water wednesday":( did they get rid of the F3 class? can you give up the specs on your boat (without giving away any secrets of course)? glad to see you and your co-pilot are goin' ok!

Flashwave
01-12-2004, 06:28 AM
ruse235
I enjoyed water Wednesday also. Once SPEED became NASCAR a lot changed. Many viewers have gone to their website and requested more 2nd and 3rd level racing entertainment including more boating shows, go-cart racing etc.
F3 became SuperCat Light. Very competitive class.
As for the Flashwave boat, it has to meet the F1 sealed specs for the class. HP 500, Bravo, 4650 lb. The spec was changed in 2003 allowing the Vortec HP3 or Mercury 525 with a Sportsmaster lower. The Sportsmaster adds stability but slows the boat back down. We also had to add an additional 300 lb of weight. We're changing to the Vortec HP3 this year and expect the boat to run 83. With the 500 it runs 81.5. There are many tricks to making boats run faster and handle better. In spec class racing a combination of 10 different changes may get you 1 mph. In track racing it’s not how fast you go, it’s how fast you get around the course. The extra torque from the bigger engines keeps us from bogging down in the corners, which in turn reduces our lap times.
Jim