PDA

View Full Version : Deleted – Who’s going to the Essex regatta in June

duffster
01-11-2004, 10:09 AM
The thread was deleted because there was to much bashing of Essex boats and the people that work for them. The thread originally placed was to find out who was going to the regatta in June and to place a picture of your boat.
I hate it when people want to bitch off the subject.

LASERRAY
01-11-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by duffster
The thread was deleted because there was to much bashing of Essex boats and the people that work for them. The thread originally placed was to find out who was going to the regatta in June and to place a picture of your boat.
I hate it when people want to bitch off the subject. Thread Hijacking is what you mean. Naw, that NEVER happens around here!:D

MagicMtnDan
01-11-2004, 10:38 AM
That's a shame. I took the time to respond politely and in detail to Amy's (sales manager at Essex). She could've learned from that post. If I knew it would be deleted I would've used that text in a letter that I would've mailed to her at Essex.
Why can't things be left alone - let these threads take their own course - that's what these boards are all about. Unless the posts are abusive or out of line, they should be left alone.

LASERRAY
01-11-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
That's a shame.
Why can't things be left alone - let these threads take their own course - that's what these boards are all about. Unless the posts are abusive or out of line, they should be left alone. I agree with you Dan. Unless someone posted some really nasty things last night after about 10 PM, (which is the last time that I viewed the post), then yes, it should have remained, IMO. I think that the term " Bitch" or "cucking funt" (or whatever it was) to describe a Member perhaps did violate the "Terms of Use" clause. Just a thought.:cool:

LASERRAY
01-11-2004, 11:18 AM
And one more thing................ I realize that Amy was not a member of HB Forums when she was called those names, but maybe that changed regardless when she did join. I Dunno. Maybe one of the Mods can answer this................not that it really matters:cool:

Havasu_Dreamin
01-11-2004, 11:36 AM
Got my regatta stuff yesterday and I will be there.

duffster
01-11-2004, 01:25 PM
MagicMtnDan, That's a shame it sounds like you are bummed that you didnÂ’t buy a Essex. I just donÂ’t care about what people think about the company Essex or Amy they do make a good product. It would be better if you sent a letter explaining the bad experience so that maybe they could learn and correct things.

Rivertoys
01-11-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by duffster
MagicMtnDan, That's a shame it sounds like you are bummed that you didnÂ’t buy a Essex. I just donÂ’t care about what people think about the company Essex or Amy they do make a good product. It would be better if you sent a letter explaining the bad experience so that maybe they could learn and correct things.
Feedback from this board sends a far bigger message than any one letter ever would! If you don't care what people think, why'd you delete the posts?
RTJas

LASERRAY
01-11-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Rivertoys
Feedback from this board sends a far bigger message than any one letter ever would! If you don't care what people think, why'd you delete the posts?
RTJas Oh, well then that's a different story altogether. I was under the impression that the thread was removed by ***boat, not the author. I never thought that someone would remove a thread just because it deviated from the core idea a tad. If everyone did this we'd have nothing to read. This forum is designed for free thought, not conformity.:just my .02 :cool:

Essex502
01-11-2004, 03:25 PM
Gee - I missed all the action...BTW I am going to the regatta!

jbtrailerjim
01-11-2004, 07:07 PM
I got the regatta info in the mail yesterday. I think i'll show up in my new Ultra.;) :D

MagicMtnDan
01-11-2004, 07:22 PM
First of all - deleting an entire thread which had 98% value because of a post or two of crap is unfair to everyone.
Why not delete the offensive posts rather than the entire thread?! I've seen that done before (when I've posted a pic showing a bit of aerolae or nip - god forbid - only my post was taken down).
Secondly, I've said all along that Essex makes a great boat. I'm not buying an Essex because they don't make a boat that I like but I am impressed with their quality. The only thing close to what I want is the Alandra but that's not my cup of tea.
Their Tempest (while another one of their quality boats) is, in MY opinion, badly styled - it's fugly and turns me off completely. The other boats are walk-throughs and we want a cuddy (mid-cabin) about 25+ feet. Again, the Alandra is the only boat they make that I like but it's not the one for us.
If I was going to buy from Essex you can be sure that I wouldn't work with Amy and I would be sure to make an appointment with one/both of the owners to express my displeasure with Amy's unprofessional selling style (putting down the competition). I wouldn't let her antics stop me but I wouldn't let my feelings about it go unmentioned.

cola
01-11-2004, 08:31 PM
Does it really matter what you think. If you don't like Amy and Essex boats don't fit you. You can buy any another boat. Just go & get it. Just my opinion.
Late, Mike
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/5290020806-R1-046-21A-med.jpg

MagicMtnDan
01-11-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by cola
Does it really matter what you think. If you don't like Amy and Essex boats don't fit you. You can buy any another boat. Just go & get it. Just my opinion.
Late, Mike
That's cool Mike. You're right. It doesn't matter what I think. Nor does it matter what you think. I guess that means that it doesn't matter what anyone thinks. Thanks for bringing so much clarity to the subject.
Lemme guess, you're either an Essex owner who somehow feels insulted or you're "related" to Amy. Or both :D

Essex502
01-12-2004, 09:40 AM
Opinions are like a$$holes...everyone has one.
Having said that...I actually enjoy the back and forth that goes on with a discussion of the sort that was removed though I missed the end of it so I don't know what was offensive enough to cause it to be removed. Differing opinions is what makes forums such as this one enlightening. If we all had the same ideas we'd all be riding around in the same boats and that would really suck.
SO....anybody what to enlighten me as to the offensive remarks that got the thread pulled - without being offensive in the retelling?

shockwavebd
01-12-2004, 10:20 AM
Late, Mike
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/5290020806-R1-046-21A-med.jpg
Nice shot mike was that taken this weekend
Oh buy the way I think Essex makes a nice boat also :wink:

jbtrailerjim
01-12-2004, 10:45 AM
I don't recall any bashing about Essex. It was mostly about Amy there sales girl. But I also did not see the thread at the end before he deleted it. I can't imagine anyone bashing Essex boats. They build a damn nice boat.

cola
01-12-2004, 07:27 PM
Berry, the pic was the weekend we stayed for our 28th anniversary @ the end of November. I can't remember how the weather was, but the room rocked.
Late, Mike

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-12-2004, 07:37 PM
well I think I was one of the last to post.. so it was probably my post.. Oh well. so can I go with my DCB.. ??? :D

shockwavebd
01-12-2004, 08:01 PM
Berry, the pic was the weekend we stayed for our 28th anniversary @ the end of November. I can't remember how the weather was, but the room rocked.
Late, Mike
Mike e mail the room info if you don't mind we been looking on line

cola
01-12-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
well I think I was one of the last to post.. so it was probably my post.. Oh well. so can I go with my DCB.. ??? :D
If I get to vote your in. Lets break all of the rules. I never follow the line anyway.
Late, Mike

MASTERKENDOG
01-12-2004, 10:31 PM
I read the previous thread and I had no issues what so ever with Amy or Essex. Bought the boat from her. She did not bad mouth any other manufacture. I told her the first time I walked into Essex I was looking around and shopping. The boat just fit my needs. She took care of me all the way through. No issues, only with me changing my mind on certain items everyday. I was probably driving her crazy!!
Anyways who cares? You buy a boat that fits your needs, not anyone else's. So go ahead and rip on my boat or whoever's boat. Who gives a sh#t? I'm happy with mine.
Yeah I'll be there...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/6718-10-03_toppoc_gorge_side-med.jpg
MKD.

LASERRAY
01-12-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by MASTERKENDOG
I read the previous thread and I had no issues what so ever with Amy or Essex. Bought the boat from her. She did not bad mouth any other manufacture. I told her the first time I walked into Essex I was looking around and shopping. The boat just fit my needs. She took care of me all the way through. No issues, only with me changing my mind on certain items everyday. I was probably driving her crazy!!
Anyways who cares? You buy a boat that fits your needs, not anyone else's. So go ahead and rip on my boat or whoever's boat. Who gives a sh#t? I'm happy with mine.
Yeah I'll be there...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/6718-10-03_toppoc_gorge_side-med.jpg
MKD. No one's RIPPING on YOUR boat or ANY Essex. They were RIPPING on a certain individual.:cool:

j-rod
01-12-2004, 10:58 PM
Maybe what are the dates!!:D

LASERRAY
01-12-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by j-rod
Maybe what are the dates!!:D December 1st,2nd, and 3rd, 2004.:D See you there!:rolleyes: :D

j-rod
01-12-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
December 1st,2nd, and 3rd, 2004.:D See you there!:rolleyes: :D
I thought I was in June... Bro

LASERRAY
01-12-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by j-rod
I thought I was in June... Bro Sorry Brother, Just tweeking you a bit. Yes it's in June, Check-out the link.
Essex Regatta Here (http://essexboats.com) :D

MASTERKENDOG
01-12-2004, 11:19 PM
Laserray,
I know they were ripping on an individual, it just cracks me up how some people get on the boards here. Some people lead, some just follow. Every manufacture I went to was professional and curtious. They were just doing their sales job to point out certain things. But who cares? Like I said regardless of the boat or the individual you buy they boat for YOU, not anyone else so...I'm just sayin' "who gives a shizzile", kno' whatta I mean?
Dig!
It's all good...
Laserray-you funny- Dec. 1st, 2nd and 3rd 2004!!! Someones probably gonna write in their calender! Der!!

MASTERKENDOG
01-12-2004, 11:22 PM
J-rod,
Better book soon at the Nautical Inn. I got myself 1st floor beach front for that weekend, but the reservation girl said they were booking up fast for the regatta. I resered mine last monday. Don't know what's left.
Just an FYI, my brotha

MagicMtnDan
01-12-2004, 11:23 PM
MKD.
MKD, that's a very badass looking boat! Looks sweet on the water. I'll bet you're looking forward to a full season on the river. How about some interior pics too?

j-rod
01-12-2004, 11:27 PM
J-rod,
Better book soon at the Nautical Inn. I got myself 1st floor beach front for that weekend, but the reservation girl said they were booking up fast for the regatta. I resered mine last monday. Don't know what's left.
Just an FYI, my brotha
I'LL be out there!!for May 31 long weekend but good looking out !
Even though 6/3 is my Birfday... L.O.L

MASTERKENDOG
01-12-2004, 11:32 PM
MMD, go to the home page and click on Image center, type in Valor and a few interior pictures are already there from last summer. Yes I am looking forward to a whole season on the water ran it for 1 solid week in July, every weekend in August, September, and 2 weeks in October. Already have 84 hours on the damn thing!!
Thanks for the nice comments on the boat!
MKD.

MASTERKENDOG
01-12-2004, 11:41 PM
Here's one under the photo name "white trashed"...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/671White_Trashed_Interior-med.bmp
MKD.

Rexone
01-12-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
I gotta question here... Is the author of a thread actually able to delete the entire thread after other people have posted in it?
I know they can if nobody else has posted in it, but I thought that priveledge went away as soon as the 2nd post was made..
I just tested it in a forum I don't mod RD. Apparently the thread starter can take out the entire thread, I did. Can't pick and choose posts though like admin.

MASTERKENDOG
01-13-2004, 08:56 PM
Hey K9blitz
You going to this thing? Where's the pictures of da boat?

LASERRAY
01-13-2004, 10:24 PM
Here's one under the photo name "white trashed"...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/671White_Trashed_Interior-med.bmp
MKD. MKD: Very sweet boat my friend! It looks identical to my Laser Vision. (same bloodline I guess)! Sall Good!:cool:

LASERRAY
01-13-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
MKD: Very sweet boat my friend! It looks identical to my Laser Vision. (same bloodline I guess)! Sall Good!:cool:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3381giral_17-med.JPG
Pretty Close.:cool: I love it. And I didn't have to deal with AMY!:D J/K Amy.:D :cool:

LASERRAY
01-13-2004, 11:17 PM
I just received an e-mail from Amy at ESSEX explaining that LASER owners aren't invited to the ESSEX reggatta because of Business reasons. Can someone explain this to me? I guess I need to make some quick buddies on this MO FO ifin' I want to go. Any ESSEX owners want to take me as their guest?;) Here's the e-mail:
Hi Raymond,
Thanks for your interest in attending the Essex Regatta 2004. Unfortunately, Laser Boats must remain an individual custom boat company, therefore there will not be an Essex/Laser Regatta.
If however you know someone who owns an Essex Boat, we do not set limits as to the number of guestsdot.net@adelphia.net
each Essex owner brings to the Essex Regatta. So you would be able to attend if you are a guest of an Essex Boat owner.
As the number of Laser boats continues to climb at such a speedy rate, they are certain to have their own Regatta in the near future. And you will of course be invited to that.
Sincerely,
Amy Poirier
Essex Performance Boats

j-rod
01-13-2004, 11:24 PM
Does that mean I can't bring my Ultra ..? it's a free lake and country is it!!

K9Blitz
01-13-2004, 11:25 PM
I'll post some pic's when I figure out how to work this evil computer.
As for the Amy/Essex issue... she never talked trash on any other boats. She pointed out things about Essex boats that other custom boat builders don't do, offer or include. It's my job as a consumer to research the other builders, it's her job to point out why Essex is a high-end boat builder, which was what she did. She was the consummate professional.
I tested my new ride on Lake Mohave this past weekend. The boat and 496HO/Bravo1 Xdrive exceeded ALL expectations and then some. And to think...I wasted all those years being a "production" boat guy.

LASERRAY
01-13-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by K9Blitz
I'll post some pic's when I figure out how to work this evil computer.
As for the Amy/Essex issue... she never talked trash on any other boats. She pointed out things about Essex boats that other custom boat builders don't do, offer or include. It's my job as a consumer to research the other builders, it's her job to point out why Essex is a high-end boat builder, which was what she did. She was the consummate professional.
I tested my new ride on Lake Mohave this past weekend. The boat and 496HO/Bravo1 Xdrive exceeded ALL expectations and then some. And to think...I wasted all those years being a "production" boat guy. Sweet! Congrats on the new boat. Can't wait to see the pix. Are you going to the Reggatta? Wanna take me?:D