PDA

View Full Version : The Chili Diaries- Tony Stewart's lucky urinal

rrrr
01-12-2004, 07:17 AM
OK, I know a lot of you are NASCAR fans, so here's a story for you. I was at the Chili Bowl over the weekend. Over 200 midgets racing indoors in Tulsa, the 18th annual. It's a blast.
On Saturday the break between the lower features and the C, B, and A features is a zoo. I was in line at a restroom by the top of the ramp and noticed Tony Stewart standing in line.
You have to picture what this guy goes through at the Chili Bowl. Around two hundred gawkers in orange clothes stand around the team work area, just, well, gawking. They are transfixed, can't even speak. So Tony has a rule that works pretty well. NO AUTOGRAPHS until after the feature Saturday night. He stays as long as it takes.
Anyway, Tony had a guy with him at the bathroom that was fending off the wuffos. I wasn't paying much attention.
So about fifteen minutes later, the crowd had trickled back into the stands, and I decided to make one last stop in the restroom. I walked in, the place was empty. A row of about twelve urinals spanned the back wall, each with a small partition on either side. The one on the left end has more room, so that's where I was standing.
Suddenly Tony Stewart comes striding into the bathroom from the opposite end. He walked past all of the urinals and stopped at the one directly next to me. I'm ignoring him. It's the bathroom, for Pete's sake. But out of the corner of my eye, I can see he's looking at me. WTF? Tony stopped unzipping his driver's suit and spoke to me.
Tony: "Uh, I'm kinda superstitious, do you think I could have that spot?" Me: "Uh, yeah, I'm done. Seeya". Walked out laughing my *ss off. :D :D

MagicMtnDan
01-12-2004, 07:59 AM
Were those midget races part of the midget olympic trials?
:D
http://www.headlinehumor.com/captions/caption_basketball.jpg

HighRoller
01-12-2004, 09:14 AM
BTW RRR, you never mentioned who won. So Stewy doesn't sign autographs til after the main but he wanted you to give up your spot at the pisser? You should have acted like Bubba, gotten all excited and turned towards him while still pissing!! "Tony Stewart wants to pee where I did!" I wonder what kind of luck a little piss on his driving shoes would have brought him.

BLUBYU
01-12-2004, 09:15 AM
Doesn't look like it worked. Didn't he finish 4th or something? :(