PDA

View Full Version : Rental in Maui question...

al cole'holic
01-12-2004, 03:51 PM
Anybody have a connection on a rental condo, etc? Looking for something for February....:D

Ziggy
01-12-2004, 04:00 PM
Try this site--we've had really good luck in Maui. Last year we got a condo from a couple that live in Palos Verde. Perfect dealings and oceanfront.
This year we got a place on the Big Island and save nearly $90 per/nite vs. from the rental agency.
Good luck.
Vacation Rentals By Ownerwww.VRBO.com

AZKC
01-12-2004, 05:08 PM
If you really want a nice low key Maui vacation but close to all the hubbub check this place out
The place to stay in Maui (http://www.napilisunset.com/)
Many nice vacations spent there, close to Kapalua for great golf and Lahaina for shopping and partying:D

Ziggy
01-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by AZKC
If you really want a nice low key Maui vacation but close to all the hubbub check this place out
Many nice vacations spent there, close to Kapalua for great golf and Lahaina for shopping and partying:D
Oooohhh, good snorkeling by this place..been there.
Just don't whip out Millers pink snorkel jobber:D

RJ Nordic
01-12-2004, 08:55 PM
We stay at Kahana Village. It's low key and relatively inexpensive. 800-824-3065. Looking at going over again in the fall. After we put the boat to bed so we can recover from Havasu.

hd&boatrider
01-12-2004, 10:02 PM
Just got back last night from Maui. Had a great time and stayed at the Mariott. Rented a Harley while there and we had nothing but sunshine the entire week. Rained like a mutha before we got there--13 inches in 1 day at one location and we saw storm clouds coming in as we were on the plane last night. I looked at the weather reports and it is supposed to rain all week. I guess I am just one luck MF'r :) Anyhow, next time it will be two weeks of fun!

Cs19
01-12-2004, 10:36 PM
I stayed in the kapalua villas last year this time, it was amazing. That napili area like in the link somewhere above is a pretty cool area, its real mellow, away from all the tourists around lahina,etc. I reccomend that area for sure.It says $89/night. Hard to believe.
Check out honoloa bay just up the road from kapalua. Some of the best surf around up there. I had the best waves of my life last year out there. If you dont surf, its still worth checking out.Have fun.

Caribbean Jet
01-13-2004, 08:02 AM
I have friends that own one of the Napili Condos and it is beautiful to stay there. Its a very low key condo set up but your close to everything with out being in the hustle and bustle of a hotel. You're very close to Kapalua and Laheina. You will not be unhappy. I have stayed there on many vacations

al cole'holic
01-13-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Caribbean Jet
I have friends that own one of the Napili Condos and it is beautiful to stay there. Its a very low key condo set up but your close to everything with out being in the hustle and bustle of a hotel. You're very close to Kapalua and Laheina. You will not be unhappy. I have stayed there on many vacations
Any chance they'd want to cut a deal CJ? :D

Caribbean Jet
01-13-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by al cole'holic
Any chance they'd want to cut a deal CJ? :D
After I spent my honeymoon there on their ticket I get charged the same rate now. I have stayed all over Maui and in some really nice hotels and this is probably one of my favorite spots. Remember this, they have a private beach so there aren’t any girls to point out to the wife and say “are those real or fake and if there fake why did she go so big?" LOL

al cole'holic
01-13-2004, 10:18 AM
After I spent my honeymoon there on their ticket I get charged the same rate now. I have stayed all over Maui and in some really nice hotels and this is probably one of my favorite spots. Remember this, they have a private beach so there aren’t any girls to point out to the wife and say “are those real or fake and if there fake why did she go so big?" LOL
Sounds really perfect from all the descriptions so far by a couple of you guys. Is your bud's place one of them on the beach or what?

Caribbean Jet
01-13-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by al cole'holic
Sounds really perfect from all the descriptions so far by a couple of you guys. Is your bud's place one of them on the beach or what?
Yea its the bottom left corner unit if your looking from the beach. I think that they just bought an upper unit that has two rooms. The lower unit is a studio with a Kitchen. If you stay there, there is a little gazebo diner (on the cliffs) in the next complex over that has the best breakfast in the world for food and view. This part of Maui is all about charm.
Damn now I want to go.......

al cole'holic
01-13-2004, 11:20 AM
Yea its the bottom left corner unit if your looking from the beach. I think that they just bought an upper unit that has two rooms. The lower unit is a studio with a Kitchen. If you stay there, there is a little gazebo diner (on the cliffs) in the next complex over that has the best breakfast in the world for food and view. This part of Maui is all about charm.
Damn now I want to go.......
So, whats up...can you put it together for me? :D

Ziggy
01-13-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
Just got back last night from Maui. Had a great time and stayed at the Mariott. Rented a Harley while there and we had nothing but sunshine the entire week. Rained like a mutha before we got there--13 inches in 1 day at one location and we saw storm clouds coming in as we were on the plane last night. I looked at the weather reports and it is supposed to rain all week. I guess I am just one luck MF'r :) Anyhow, next time it will be two weeks of fun!
My friends were there the exact same time, and I even think they stayed at the Marriot. They got home late sunday. He told me about the heavy rains just before they arrived and how perfect it was all week long...ironic.
Last year we had rented a condo on Ka'anapli, left the older kids there and went on to the Ritz in Kapalua for our meetings. Nice place but not quite what you'd expect. Kapalua is also quite windy and gets a few more showers than the surrounding areas.
My personal preference is down along Waialea, great beaches, better access to those beaches, more predictable weather and very importantly there is "Little Beach" near there. Little beach is a clothing optional beach :eek: located on a point, rather isolated and a slight rocky climb to get to....its adjacent to "Big Beach" which is just what the name indicates...it big and long, lots of locals there doing the cool tricks on SkimBoards.
Those storms from Hawaii are generating BIG waves on our shores currently. 8-12 footers expected thru the day...according to the weather guru's. Best are supposed to be south facing beaches.:D

Cs19
01-13-2004, 01:49 PM
If you stay there, there is a little gazebo diner (on the cliffs) in the next complex over that has the best breakfast in the world for food and view.
i know exactly where your talking about. Very cool place.

summerlove
01-13-2004, 02:59 PM
Hey, I'm looking at staying at napili next trip - is it really nice or just so-so???

summerlove
01-13-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
We spent the 26th through Jan 2 in Kauai (5 days) and Waikiki (2 days)- rained almost all week, and not the hour here, an hour there variety - all frigging day and all frigging night for days!!! It really sucked, but left more drinking time for me and more shopping time for the wife and kids. All in all, a great trip, but damn, did it rain!
New year's eve in Wacky-Wacky was fun, and I found a new drink - the Tropical Itch, it even comes with a back scratcher. I now have a set of em for all my guests!;)