PDA

View Full Version : RD... How bout Sunsation Boats ?

carbonmarine
01-12-2004, 04:16 PM
hmmmmmmmm?
Rick32:cool:

carbonmarine
01-12-2004, 05:22 PM
We'll just so ya know, they released the 32 ft open bow that is the shiznit for lakes and the GM ( Dave Hare ) will be at the LA show to talk about it and the others....
NOTE TO ALL: If think Hallet takes the prize cake as ultimate well built boat for the local lakes..... I mean to tell ya that the Cake is big enough for two ..... Materials , Construction, Design, Factory support, etc, etc, etc.....
I urge you all to go take a close look at and talk to Sunsation about the boats. It's no fun having the only 32 Sunsation at Havasu. ** I have no brethren....
Anyhow, See for your self, Check'em out at the LA Show and NO I am not blowing sunshine up any ones Azz......
Cheer's,
Rick32:cool: :cool:

carbonmarine
01-12-2004, 05:35 PM
Talk to Dave from Sunsation about the teak..... I am more
than sure something can be arranged....
Brotha, as far as your pants ligfhting up... ** I think thats from all that questionably female stank youve been banging round town.... ( lol )

Keith E. Sayre
01-12-2004, 06:21 PM
I've been in 3 32' Sunsations and drove the one with the HP500s
that was the factory demo boat about 4 years ago. Great Boats!
Outstanding family owned business, great tooling, laid out well,
good in the rough, very fast, loved the McLeod interior option.
4 years ago they didn't have any plans for open bows, glad to
know they did it!
While it's not the biggest 32' boat in the world, it's one of the better ones!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City

phebus
01-12-2004, 08:25 PM
Keith, you are one classy guy. I hope I have the pleasure of doiung business with you someday, as I feel your Conquest 28 is the best deckboat out there, and the way you conduct yourself on theese boards is second to none.

Quality Time
01-12-2004, 10:32 PM
My first one was great. I'll let you know on the second one after I take delivery:D As far as lakes near the factory, you've got to be kidding:D :D

carbonmarine
01-13-2004, 09:53 AM
Geography lesson : Lakes Near the Factory...
H=Huron
O=Ontario
M=Michigan
E=Erie
S=Superior
Yeah ! They make small stuff compared to anything Havasu whip up on a windy day .....

Ducatista
01-13-2004, 11:32 AM
Every day on my way to/from work in Woodland Hills Ca, I have to pass a beautiful 28 or so Sunsation parked on Oxnard St. just west of Tampa. Its got a nice orange & white color scheme, with twins. Talk about daily torture! I got a chance to look over their 28 open bow and came away very impressed, they build a nice rig.

DaveSunsation
01-13-2004, 12:04 PM
I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in LA in a short two weeks. We'll have some great boats on display with Castaic Boat & Marine.
As far as water around us............we're right on what they call the baby of the great lakes; Lake St. Clair in Algonac Michigan, original home of Chris Craft boats for 30 years, Gar Wood and a few others among Sunsation. We have just Incrediable boating bodies of water, I can leave my backyard and boat all the way to Florida if need be. There's always an open invitation to anyone passing through Algonac to stop in and visit with us here at Sunsation for a tour, lunch, run on the water, etc.
DaveSunsation ( David Hare)
Chief Operating Officer
Sunsation Powerboats
810-794-4888
Rick, Dinners on me whatever eveing we can break away.
Clear Skies and open water to everyone !!

superV
01-13-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Welcome to the boards DaveSunsation. :)
I must be thinking of another mfg that was out in farm land.. Velocity maybe?
RD
Dave I bet your thinking of Profile? But that would still be wrong:D

MagicMtnDan
01-13-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by carbonmarine
Talk to Dave from Sunsation about the teak..... I am more
than sure something can be arranged....
Brotha, as far as your pants ligfhting up... ** I think thats from all that questionably female stank youve been banging round town.... ( lol )
http://www.snehula.com/funny/38/beer%20farts.jpg

SoCalOffshore
01-13-2004, 10:04 PM
I almost bought a 32 Sunsation. Very nice boat indeed, only 1 Dealer around So Cal. The boat was a demmo and I really wanted new and a different paint job. Although, it was priced very nice.

Kilrtoy
01-13-2004, 10:14 PM
H=Huron
O=Ontario
M=Michigan
E=Erie
S=Superior
Those are lakes, they are killer oceans......
They are Awesome boats, very well built, awesome paint jobs.
Just a little too slow for my taste......
Can handle ocean waters very well......

carbonmarine
01-14-2004, 08:49 AM
Kuel Dinner...!! I say we hit The Original Pantry right there on Figuroa...
Dave, Cant wait to finally meet you guys.... I love the boat show ! ... I'll also be checking out Pontoon boats as well.... Its always get to have a mothership with the rest of the fam's aboard and of course the ice chests, bbq & food ....
RD : Do they make pontoons with teak flooring...?
Cheer's !
Rick32
:cool:

roln 20s
01-14-2004, 10:31 AM
I saw a new 32 sunsation drive by me in Phx a couple days ago. I see a couple of them regularly at Pleasant. I think they are a real nice boat, great construction. Boat Plex in Phx was (maybe still is) a dealer for them. Really nice boats. I really like the lines on their boats, but my favorite is a silver and blue 28 I see- the guy's wife is pretty hot too :D
Roln 20s <----cannot wait for LA show in two weekends :D

Capt. Insane-o
01-14-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
I'm assuming ya meant this to be under that other thread..
But I'll answer yer question..
Never seen one up close, but from my understanding there perrtty good for a boat built by a bunch of farm boys with no lakes in the local vicnity. ;) :D
RD
They're right across the street on the south channel to Lk St.Clair, ya ninny.:rolleyes: :p Nice boats.

Quality Time
01-14-2004, 03:53 PM
South Channel:
A perfect test facility in their "front" yard. Die hards too. This past Christmas Eve they were taking out an Innovator for a test. No big deal except that it was snowing at the time. :eek!:

carbonmarine
01-15-2004, 11:59 AM
RD, right accross the street .......every boat is tested, dialed in and & double tested again.... cant beat that !
Rick32
:cool:

carbonmarine
01-15-2004, 02:36 PM
Of course ! .... We got started in Wood Grain in 1974. Infact, we are redoing mercedes stuff all the time... For instance, from the original wood to the Grey & black. We do steering wheels, vents. For Lamborghini owners, we are redoing the std engine carbon fibre to match the exterior... Get this ! Some dumb azz brought buy a Aston Martin and asked for a custom carbon fibre cup holder for his Starbucks in the morning... I laughed & said " you paid $350K for this and it doesn't come with a cup holder ! " .....
The Navigators and Escaldes and H2's are the bulk of the biz now.... We do Chevy & Ford all day long as well.
You should come by & see some of the stuff were doing... blow you mind it would !
Rick32
www.thedashguy.com

Dr. Eagle
01-15-2004, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by carbonmarine
[B]blow you mind it would !
Harrrr Harrrr... Soundin a little like a Pirate yarrr