PDA

View Full Version : Bullhead City---Did you buy yet? This place will be picking up steam as far as price

hd&boatrider
01-13-2004, 07:56 AM
Laughlin Ranch update: Land, revenue
By MICA THOMAS MULLOY
BULLHEAD CITY -- Bullhead City Council members heard a presentation Monday that could lead to the acquisition of 8,500 acres of land within three months and $1.3 billion in new revenue over the next 20 years.
During a special work session, representatives from Laughlin Ranch gave council members an update on the 11,000-acre project that broke ground in December.
With construction crews currently working at the Laughlin Ranch site, Laughlin Ranch Principal Partner Dave Lords said about $1.9 million is being put into the Bullhead City economy through worker's salaries and development expenses every month -- a boost he said should continue for the next two years.
The council was also told that between new sources of income such as a voluntary agreement to provide the city with $1,500 per home built in at least the first phases of construction, property taxes, new home sales taxes and building permits, more than $1.3 billion could come into the city throughout the next 20 years.
The Council previously approved a letter of understanding from Laughlin Ranch on what they would like to accomplish, Lords said, and Monday's presentation was made to work toward an official development and annexation agreement.
If approved, approximately 8,500 acres of land from the Laughlin Ranch project could become part of Bullhead City.
Lords said a development agreement and the annexation of the land could be completed within 90 days.
Part of the presentation focused on the creation of a Community Facilities District, which would provide necessary amenities for Laughlin Ranch residents while sparing the rest of the city the cost.
Residents within a CFD would pay money each month to fund projects such as sewer, water, roadways, street lights and recreational facilities that they will benefit from.
This "new-to-this-area financing structure" would basically serve as a tax on the development itself and exclude the city's existing residents from paying for developments, Lords said.
One benefit of this type of funding is that while most of the city's residents do not have to foot the bill for the amenities, they would have full access to the whatever is built such as roads and parks, Lords added.
Lords said he expects the monthly fees to be between $60 to $100 per month for 25 years and be clearly spelled out for each homeowner before the purchase of a home.

roostwear
01-13-2004, 08:00 AM
Spent 3 days there between Xmas and New Years looking at property. No done deals yet.......

BIGTYME
01-13-2004, 09:46 AM
Bullhead is a great place to buy a home at a reasonable price. Lots in the sun ridge estate are nice and still cheap.

hd&boatrider
01-13-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by BIGTYME
Bullhead is a great place to buy a home at a reasonable price. Lots in the sun ridge estate are nice and still cheap.
I have a home up in SunRidge. Recently I bought a lot in the Desert Foothills area. It is a gated community of custom homes with strict building regulations up on the Parkway. All water, gas, etc are in place and all utilities are underground. I plan on building a nice home on this lot eventually.
Another place to look is in Kingman because people think that BHC is getting a little pricey. I have a brand new house out there that will be used strictly as a rental. Kingman is one of the fastest growing regions in the USA. Better yet there are few rental properties which is not the case in BHC or LHC. This means you can rent it out quickly.

Jim Hall
01-13-2004, 10:34 AM
If anybody is interested ,my Mom has her house for sale. It is on Ripple drive in town.Kind of behind I believe is Circle K. PM me if interested.

hd&boatrider
01-13-2004, 11:56 AM
Another news article--This one about Kingman. When Home Depot opens it will cause a ripple effect of price appreciation. At least that is what a very bright man (Nodigg) told me one day :)
City Council approves
Home Depot agreement
By Marvin Robertson
Miner Staff Writer
Two representatives of Home Depot said plans for a Kingman store should be in the hands of the city building department by Friday.
The Kingman City Council on Monday voted 7-0 to approve an agreement that would move the project forward. No zoning issues were involved.
"We expect to be open by November," said George Ray, who with Dave Lavis represented Home Depot at council meeting.
Among the topics discussed were a traffic signal, the widening Stockton Hill Road and design of a median north of the Kino Avenue intersection, the future of North Glen Road east the store, and additional water needed by the store.
Home Depot requires a large volume of water for the fire suppression system built into its stores, Lavis said.
"We realize our water demands are excessive for most uses," he said. "Our sprinkler system drowns any start of a fire because we value safety of employees and customers."
The city will spend up to $25,000 to increase the water pressure for the new store, which will be along the east side of Stockton Hill Road between Kino Avenue and Gordon Drive
The traffic signal has been discussed by the Kingman Traffic Safety Committee, and Home Depot has conducted a traffic engineering study to provide information needed by the committee to warrant a light. Home Depot will pay for the signal and installation, a turn lane and medians in the area.
The city staff has met with all interested business owners along Stockton Hill Road between Kino Avenue and Gordon Drive for input. Stockmen's Bank, located west of the Home Depot site, plans expansion of its facilities.

jm2drvr
01-13-2004, 12:20 PM
just sold my place in desert foothills a couple of months ago...it is a great area if you plan on going to lake mojave...kind of a long drive if you plan on using the river. I always ended up driving to needles to launch, as I was not comfortable launching upriver.

hd&boatrider
01-13-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by jm2drvr
just sold my place in desert foothills a couple of months ago...it is a great area if you plan on going to lake mojave...kind of a long drive if you plan on using the river. I always ended up driving to needles to launch, as I was not comfortable launching upriver.
I am almost exclusively on Lake Mohave. Well, let me put it this way....I take the boat to LHC and Mead but boat more on Mohave so it makes sense for me.
How long did you have your place there and did you make a good profit? Just curious as to why you sold also....

phebus
01-13-2004, 03:01 PM
I just wish that they would build more launch ramps on Mojave, then it would be a fun place to boat. Katherine's flat out sucks!!

hd&boatrider
01-13-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by phebus
I just wish that they would build more launch ramps on Mojave, then it would be a fun place to boat. Katherine's flat out sucks!!
They will be building more....stay tuned :)

Kilrtoy
01-13-2004, 10:02 PM
So what is the price for a new home there

jbtrailerjim
01-14-2004, 10:46 AM
How much cheaper is a lot to build a home on Bullhead verses Havasu? Havasu property is out of my price range and it sounds like property to build a home on in Havasu is getting kinda scarce anyway's.

hd&boatrider
01-14-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
So what is the price for a new home there
It varies like everything else. I would say from 50-60K for a sigle wide in a bad area and upwards of 200K+ for a nice new home up in the hills.

hd&boatrider
01-14-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
How much cheaper is a lot to build a home on Bullhead verses Havasu? Havasu property is out of my price range and it sounds like property to build a home on in Havasu is getting kinda scarce anyway's.
Pretty inexpensive compared to LHC but the gap is getting less all the time. You can get good lots anywhere from 30K and up. A nice lot with any kind of view is going to run you in the 50-60K+ range. Just my opinion and not any market inside knowledge.