PDA

View Full Version : Mp3???

NOTALENT
01-13-2004, 10:24 AM
Anygood places to download MP3's??? I was on Kazaa, they have the music I look for but too many mistakes in there system...Any other good places???

Ntwotrance
01-13-2004, 10:26 AM
Morpheous and QTRAMAXX are pretty good....

H2on22
01-13-2004, 10:30 AM
you can also try Bearshare and Winmix also really good. Just hope you don't get sued by Sony or someone...what BS:eek:

Ntwotrance
01-13-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by H2on22
you can also try Bearshare and Winmix also really good. Just hope you don't get sued by Sony or someone...what BS:eek:
That's the one good thing about Morpheous, they won a suit that barred the Recording industry from obtaining individuals IPs. Bearshare is also a good one, they are part of Morpheous. Winmix...they have some good songs, not a lot of selection though, but i do use them from time to time.

NOTALENT
01-13-2004, 10:45 AM
I downloaded kazaa last night downloaded about 8 songs..and then it closed the system everytime I opened it up it froze. the comuter. dont want to try that agian.

RiverRatMike
01-13-2004, 12:42 PM
www.winmx.com is by far the best

Laveyman
01-13-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Bropb16
I downloaded kazaa last night downloaded about 8 songs..and then it closed the system everytime I opened it up it froze. the comuter. dont want to try that agian.
You have fallen victim to Kazaa, which is owned by the Gator Corp. Gator is one of the largest spyware companies in the world. Kazaa is also well known for having viruses sent over their network. If you don't have it, download AdAware. It is a free software that removes spyware from your computer. You can find it here.
Lavasoft (http://www.lavasoft.de/)
It is as good as freeware gets, but will not get 100% of the spyware out. To do that you need to get "SpyBot". Their free version will find the hidden spyware, but won't remove it. To do that, you have to buy the pay version. It's worth the money any day of the week, if you ask me.

FryJet
01-13-2004, 03:42 PM
I use Musicmatch. Its a pay deal at .99 cents a song or you can download the whole CD for 8-10 bucks. They have a big selection and the burning software and player is the best I have used. I upgraded to the Platinum service and Jukebox Plus so I could listen to every song from 1 artist uninterupted on their radio feature. The base Jukebox is free at www.musicmatch.com . I didnt like any of the programs the free MP3 sites use, to many bugs and crap. Now I can listen to the CD and download the songs I want, easy. Hope that helps.
F.J.

rvrhlic
01-14-2004, 11:04 AM
You should try Kazaa Lite ++ (http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/darktips/story/0,24330,3534257,00.html). It automatically masks your IP so people canot se your music when they search your user. It also gives you the max participations so your downloads are faster.
rvrhlic

NOTALENT
01-14-2004, 11:52 AM
well I went to morpheaus..its only 1.50 a month but man it was way better then kazaa...no pop ups. had some of the underground music I listen to..and it was fast..I give it an a+...not bad. does anyone know if they are still busting people even if you are paying to download? also if they won the law suit that says they cant trace the ip so does that mean when they are trying to find the people downloading music they cant find us??

Ntwotrance
01-14-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Bropb16
well I went to morpheaus..its only 1.50 a month but man it was way better then kazaa...no pop ups. had some of the underground music I listen to..and it was fast..I give it an a+...not bad. does anyone know if they are still busting people even if you are paying to download? also if they won the law suit that says they cant trace the ip so does that mean when they are trying to find the people downloading music they cant find us??
What it means is that Morpheous will not give out that info to the RCAA. And glad you like it, it is a better deal and yes, the underground music is what brought me to it.....

572Daytona
01-14-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Ntwotrance
What it means is that Morpheous will not give out that info to the RCAA. And glad you like it, it is a better deal and yes, the underground music is what brought me to it.....
My understanding is that it won't give that information out without a judge ordering it. The DMCA provided a loophole for them to get information from an ISP without having to go to court and follow due process. Morpheus and ISP's could still be ordered to provide the information if the RIAA were to file a court case and provide sufficient evidence of a violation to the judge where he would then issue a subpoena.

rvrhlic
01-14-2004, 03:17 PM
572 Daytona is correct. All the RIAA has to do is search for a user and if that user is sharing a bunch of fines, they can have a subpeona issued for violating the DMCA. Kazaa Lite ++ provides phony IP information and will not show you sharing any files if someone searches your user. There is also no spyware. it is not made by Kazaa but uses their network.
rvr