PDA

View Full Version : Redheaded Stepchild

LASERRAY
01-14-2004, 04:00 PM
I just received an e-mail from Amy at ESSEX explaining that LASER owners aren't invited to the ESSEX reggatta because of Business reasons. Can someone explain this to me? I guess I need to make some quick buddies on this MO FO ifin' I want to go. Any ESSEX owners want to take me as their guest? Here's the e-mail:
Hi Raymond,
Thanks for your interest in attending the Essex Regatta 2004. Unfortunately, Laser Boats must remain an individual custom boat company, therefore there will not be an Essex/Laser Regatta.
If however you know someone who owns an Essex Boat, we do not set limits as to the number of guestsdot.net@adelphia.net
each Essex owner brings to the Essex Regatta. So you would be able to attend if you are a guest of an Essex Boat owner.
As the number of Laser boats continues to climb at such a speedy rate, they are certain to have their own Regatta in the near future. And you will of course be invited to that.
Sincerely,
Amy Poirier
Essex Performance Boats

Havasu Hangin'
01-14-2004, 04:02 PM
I'd go anyway...who cares if they actually want you there...

mirvin
01-14-2004, 04:06 PM
**** that Laserray!! I say you show up to the regatta and make them remove you!! In fact, where is that fuggin thing? I think I'm gonna show up in my Crusader all beligerant!! I mean really, what are they gonna do, keep you off the water?
Assholes:frown: :yuk:

THATJEFFGUY
01-14-2004, 04:06 PM
Maybe Amy read the other posts on here and found out that nobody likes her anyway, so she decided to exercise her power a little. I'd go anyway, screw 'em !

Havasu Hangin'
01-14-2004, 04:12 PM
...in fact (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/61193/wiley04.wav), I think I'm gonna put some checkers on my boat (with electrical tape) (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/61193/wiley05.wav) and go to the Eliminator Regatta (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/61193/wiley03.wav)!
Think they'll notice? (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/61193/wiley02.wav)
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/1/happy03.gif

mbrown2
01-14-2004, 04:13 PM
As much as Amy has been called out on other threads, and as much as I would hate seeing that email.....They had to make a business decision and she had to send the email...They have two boating lines, with two different focuses...they differentiate in their advertising, and they need to differentiate them in their regatta's....
I would start getting other Laser owners together and speak to the manufacture as a group and press for your own regatta..
Yeah, you can show...hell, I could show up...I doubt they are going to kick anyone out..

mirvin
01-14-2004, 04:18 PM
Check out Mbrown2! THe single dissenting voice of reason on such a hot button issue:D ;)

Havasu_Dreamin
01-14-2004, 04:19 PM
MB2 is right, they are two separate lines. While we are at it, please point in the message sent that says you can't go to Havasu that weekend and use the lake? I only bring this up as others have said things to the effect of they don't control the whole lake and things like that. However, what they do control is who takes part in the activities they have planned for their regatta like the dinner, poker run ,etc.
Honestly, people are making a mountain out of a molehill with this.

LASERRAY
01-14-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
MB2 is right, they are two separate lines. While we are at it, please point in the message sent that says you can't go to Havasu that weekend and use the lake? I only bring this up as others have said things to the effect of they don't control the whole lake and things like that. However, what they do control is who takes part in the activities they have planned for their regatta like the dinner, poker run ,etc.
Honestly, people are making a mountain out of a molehill with this. I'm not trying to make a Mountain out of a molehill with this , I simply asked if anyone could explain the policy to me. When I'm told one thing by LASER ( you can participate in the ESSEX Regattas) and it doesn't prove true, then I start to wonder about the credibility of the individual, and/or the company to which I spoke. Not going to the Regatta as an invited guest is not going to make me bitter towards ESSEX, or LASER, it simply lessens the validity of future statements, implied or otherwise by said companies:cool:

Kilrtoy
01-14-2004, 05:05 PM
I'd go and park right in the middle of their shit.
two different companies, but sold as the lower verison. Just read HB......

Hustler
01-14-2004, 05:14 PM
I think it's BS, I dont see why they cant have a joint effort from the two companies. I just dont see how something like that could effect them as individual companies

LASERRAY
01-14-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
I'd go and park right in the middle of their shit.
two different companies, but sold as the lower verison. Just read HB...... I think I might put a temporary Essex decal over my Laser badge, I don't think that anyone would know the difference anyway. But I don't want to start that discussion again.............:D

mbrown2
01-14-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
I think I might put a temporary Essex decal over my Laser badge, I don't think that anyone would know the difference anyway. But I don't want to start that discussion again.............:D
That's funny...and BTW...my boat company does not even have a regatta..we have to create our own...I actually liked our own...I am not into the whole Registration, Get your shirt, Poker Run, Sub Par Dinner/Awards experience...I like the casual get together, loose agenda and lax time schedule regatta myself...

LASERRAY
01-14-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
The guys over at Laser told you that you could participate in the Essex regatta??
Well I think I'd be talking to them about this e-mail...
Starting out the e-mail or conversation with..
"I'm not exactly feeling the family love here" LOL
RD I can imagine the phone call...................... Ray? Ray who?:D

LASERRAY
01-14-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Well then follow that up with.... "NOW I'M REALLY NOT FEELING THE LOVE"
RD I dealt with a Very nice women/girl/hottie named Amanda at LASER when shopping, buying, building, and picking-up my boat. She was great, very professional, great personality, and she seemed to know alot about the Laser boats. Unfortunately she went on to greener pastures soon after I took delivery. As far as I know, her replacement, I think his name is Jason is still there. I'm almost sure that anything that I have "falsely presumed" will be passed-off on Amanda so I think i'll just let it go. It's really not worth my time to complain about.:cool:

Kilrtoy
01-14-2004, 06:37 PM
That's funny...and BTW...my boat company does not even have a regatta..we have to create our own
You guys can afford to do that
****-M put a bayliner sticker on it and show up shit faced,with some hookers
Thats some funny shit...

LASERRAY
01-14-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
****-M put a bayliner sticker on it and show up shit faced,with some hookers:D :D That would somewhat resemble Rodney Dangerfield in "Caddyshack":D That would be funny. You could wear a shirt that said: I got four Bayliners for what you paid for one ESSEX! And fart alot too.:D

Dr. Eagle
01-14-2004, 07:44 PM
****-M put a bayliner sticker on it and show up shit faced,with some hookers:D :D
I like this idea, in fact maybe have some vinyl logos made us that say
E- sex
or www.E-sex.com...;)and show up with some hookers....

Dr. Eagle
01-14-2004, 07:47 PM
That would somewhat resemble Rodney Dangerfield in "Caddyshack":D That would be funny. You could wear a shirt that said: I got four Bayliners for what you paid for one ESSEX! And fart alot too.:D
Rodney Dangerfield...love it.
You could Come into the 5mph zone at like 50 and say "Hey there's my friend AMY, I gotta go see her" head for her boat knocking over jetskiers and kayakers, and then drop anchor in the middle of her boat deck...
I love it when a plan comes together.:eek:

LASERRAY
01-14-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Rodney Dangerfield...love it.
You could Come into the 5mph zone at like 50 and say "Hey there's my friend AMY, I gotta go see her" head for her boat knocking over jetskiers and kayakers, and then drop anchor in the middle of her boat deck...
I love it when a plan comes together.:eek: Ha Ha Ha!!! LOL Doc! ROTFLMAO!!!:D :D :D

Kilrtoy
01-14-2004, 08:03 PM
Eagle,
That is the best yet

Dr. Eagle
01-14-2004, 08:12 PM
AND A BIG ****ING AIR HORN,NONKKKKKK,HONKKKKK:D :D
Exactly...!!!!!!!!!!
Hey......where's the brakes on this thing....

mbrown2
01-14-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
[B]That's funny...and BTW...my boat company does not even have a regatta..we have to create our own
You guys can afford to do that
Oh really!...:D How much money does it take to start a thread, pick a date, Xtrm22 to get a sign made and help coordinate, Dave to donate some shit to give away and show up ready to party:D :D :D
We don't need no stink'n Nautical Banquet Room to party:D :p :D :D

Dr. Eagle
01-14-2004, 09:08 PM
I guess it goes without saying they wouldn't let me in with my Ultra....
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :D

LASERRAY
01-14-2004, 09:58 PM
I guess it goes without saying they wouldn't let me in with my Ultra....
:p :D in to what?:confused: See, i've already forgotten about it.:D

Dr. Eagle
01-14-2004, 09:59 PM
in to what?:confused: See, i've already forgotten about it.:D
So you're like...over it?
;)

LASERRAY
01-14-2004, 10:00 PM
So you're like...over it?
;) Over what?:confused: ;) :D

Dr. Eagle
01-14-2004, 10:02 PM
Over what?:confused: ;) :D
Amy....:D

LASERRAY
01-14-2004, 10:23 PM
Amy....:D I'm cool with Amy. We have been corosponding via e-mail the last couple of days, we even discussed "The Thread", and she was nothing but nice. So I really have nothing negitive to say about her, as the decision to exclude LASER owners from the reggata was not her's I'm sure.:cool:

Dr. Eagle
01-14-2004, 10:27 PM
I'm cool with Amy. We have been corosponding via e-mail the last couple of days, we even discussed "The Thread", and she was nothing but nice. So I really have nothing negitive to say about her, as the decision to exclude LASER owners from the reggata was not her's I'm sure.:cool:
Just doing my usual stirring and disturbing.... he he he....;)

Rivertoys
01-14-2004, 10:32 PM
Ray, That's total BS IMO. Glad I bought a Lavey! You can attend the Laveycraft Regatta w/ us! There was a Magic and a couple of other non-Lavey boats there last year. It's probably cheaper too...you'll have such a fun time, that you'll be trading in that Laser in no time!!! ;)
RTJas :D

LASERRAY
01-14-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Rivertoys
Ray, That's total BS IMO. Glad I bought a Lavey! You can attend the Laveycraft Regatta w/ us! There was a Magic and a couple of other non-Lavey boats there last year. It's probably cheaper too...you'll have such a fun time, that you'll be trading in that Laser in no time!!! ;)
RTJas :D Sounds good to me. Are you trying to turn me in to a ((((((((((REGATTA *****))))))))))???:D I can't trade it in just yet, as it only has about 45 minutes on it!:rolleyes: The only water it's seen lately is rain.:D

Dr. Eagle
01-14-2004, 10:39 PM
So what do you say, Ray?
Outside of the Caddyshack mental visuals...the E-Sex regatta is sounding a little too hoity toity. Lets do the Ultra and Friends Regatta!!!!!

mbrown2
01-14-2004, 10:41 PM
Laser, you would be welcome at ours......if we have another one:confused:
Maybe Xtrm22 will feel like it again, Toby will actually get a day off, Charlie will actually show up, and we will not almost cancel the whole thing because we can't decide between Parker and Havasu..:D :D :D

LASERRAY
01-14-2004, 10:42 PM
So what do you say, Ray?
Outside of the Caddyshack mental visuals...the E-Sex regatta is sounding a little too hoity toity. Lets do the Ultra and Friends Regatta!!!!! I'm down with you Dr. Is that an invitation? If so, I accept.:)

Dr. Eagle
01-14-2004, 10:45 PM
yeah, I would love to go, but RDs report is the first I have heard of it. But yeah, as long as there is no conflict.... I'd love to go. Never made it to the Eliminator Regatta...

LASERRAY
01-14-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by mbrown2
Laser, you would be welcome at ours......if we have another one:confused:
Maybe Xtrm22 will feel like it again, Toby will actually get a day off, Charlie will actually show up, and we will not almost cancel the whole thing because we can't decide between Parker and Havasu..:D :D :D Thank you sir, I would like that, and may even shower you with a beer or three!:cool: And seeing as we're neighbors (I live in Camarillo, and work in Moorpark) we could convoy.:cool:

Kilrtoy
01-14-2004, 11:11 PM
We don't need no stink'n Nautical Banquet Room to party
I have to agree with that, That place is like a high school gym on prom night,
Where is JASON or FREDDY

Cas
01-14-2004, 11:34 PM
I just received an e-mail from Amy at ESSEX explaining that LASER owners aren't invited to the ESSEX reggatta because of Business reasons. Can someone explain this to me? I
Hee's an explanation, maybe they just don't want you there. :eek: :D

LASERRAY
01-14-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Cas
Hee's an explanation, maybe they just don't want you there. :eek: :D You're right! There nothing but a bunch of racist nazis over at ESSEX!!!:D J/K ESSEX, don't go voiding my warranty now!:D

TOBTEK
01-14-2004, 11:43 PM
That's funny...and BTW...my boat company does not even have a regatta..we have to create our own...I actually liked our own...I am not into the whole Registration, Get your shirt, Poker Run, Sub Par Dinner/Awards experience...I like the casual get together, loose agenda and lax time schedule regatta myself...
GOOD....I vote MBROWN chairman of the 2nd annual NON-OFFICAL DCB regetta:D Heck we can even have the awards dinner at your house in Parker. Just PLEASE consult me for the offical date, so I can make it this time. IF I still own a DCB at that time and all.

Dr. Eagle
01-15-2004, 06:09 AM
J/K ESSEX, don't go voiding my warranty now!:D
Awwww, that's OK....you never really had one of those anyway!!!!!!
LOL
:D

Havasu_Dreamin
01-15-2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Rivertoys
It's probably cheaper too...you'll have such a fun time, that you'll be trading in that Laser in no time!!! ;)
RTJas :D
The only thing you pay for at the Essex regatta is your dinner for Saturday night and the poker run. There is no charge to attend the regatta.
We don't need no stink'n Nautical Banquet Room to party:D :p :D :D
Assuming it is as it has been the past two times the banquet is not at the Nautical, it's at the Aquatic Center. The room at the Nautical does not hold enough guests to make it feasible to have the banquet there.

MagicMtnDan
01-15-2004, 08:44 AM
We went to their last one - Essex has a fun regatta and the dinner Saturday night is a big affair, lotsa people and some cool prizes. Just be sure to drink a LOT - that thing goes on for hours :D

1stepcloser
01-15-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Havasu Elimihater Hangin'...
in fact, I think I'm gonna put some checkers on my boat (with electrical tape) and go to the Eliminator Regatta!
Yes, you could, but You would surely stand out (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/62369/grail10.wav), and bear the humiliation of it. (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/62369/grail18.wav)
But, of course you would be welcome... (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/47664/tomb30.wav).

jbtrailerjim
01-15-2004, 09:26 AM
Well if Essex does not want to include Laser owners; why don't they have a regatta for the Laser owners? If I remember right. The last regatta they let the Laser owners go to it. C'mon Ron & Steve. Part with some of your dough and throw a regatta for Laser owners or let them attend the Essex regatta.
One reason I think maybe why there excluding Laser owners is; maybe there concerned with the amount of people. The last regatta, the aquatic center was packed. I don't think that place would hold much more people.
Essex does put on awesome regatta. I've been to the last two. They give out a shit load of cool stuff and cash too.