PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to a real gentleman and his lady.

lakewake
03-26-2006, 04:01 PM
I just wanted to take a moment and thank Redneck. This weekend I had the opportunity to meet him and his wife for the first time. I rode out on my motorcycle to their house and after our visit I was suprised to find my bike completely dead. It is completely computerized and integrated with an alarm system. When the battery is dead none of the systems work including access to the battery. My tow service which I now know sucks(Good Sam) gave me little help,probabley because they are in India.Without a second thought he and his wife are pulling out a flat bed trailer willing to put aside their Saturday to tow me all the way back to Chino Hills from Hesperia.Wow,what great people . Well, in the time sitting for phone calls and trailer prep the bikes battery puked up enough gusto to open the saddle bag compartments that held the battery box release. Got it open ,jumped and on the road.The reason I am a boat owner today is my fathers words when I was a kid." The best people in the world own boats" His words live on the actions of good people and their selfless actions. I look forward to better know these folks and their freinds.

76ANTHONY
03-26-2006, 04:04 PM
yeah, hes an ok guy, but HEATHER, whoooohoooo, shes the bomb. good peeps thats for sure, even there little neighbor is pretty cool..... :crossx:

beyondhelpin
03-26-2006, 04:36 PM
I undersatand you clean a pretty mean boat. What do you use on the interior? Is it your own mix or is it avaliable in stores? Just pulled the cover off and I have a little mildew on the sunpad. Plus after seeing to pic of the interior you cleaned makes me think mine could use a through cleaning.
I live a little to far away for you to detail. About 1500 miles!
Sorry about the thread hijack. May the Redneck praise continue!
I will start. Your wife is hot! :)

piper
03-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Hey good going Redneck. It's great to see things like this posted up.

H20 Toie
03-26-2006, 04:41 PM
What kind of bike do you have that you can't get at the battery if it is dead?
And way cool of Redneck

Windy
03-26-2006, 04:46 PM
RedNecks = good peeps. :)

lakewake
03-27-2006, 07:56 AM
What kind of bike do you have that you can't get at the battery if it is dead?
And way cool of Redneck
I have a 2005 BMW K1200LT touring bike. It has a trunk and saddle bags that match the bike. They are operated with a keyless remote to lock and unlock and to my disgust found that the ignition key won't open them when the battery is dead. How stupid is that. You have to access the side compartment to release the seat switch that lets you get at the battery.It would be the same if you could not get into your car if the keyless remote was not working. You could not pop the hood and get at the battery. This could be a reason to sell the bike. I am an Ironbutt Association member and do long marathon bike rides.Border to border Mexico/Canada in 24 hours. Coast to coast in 48 hours. Those type of rides. I can't imagine being stuck in the Mojave desert or the Texas panhandle with this problem.

phebus
03-27-2006, 08:01 AM
At least on most cars, the keyless system is secondary to the door locks. You could still use your key to open the door.
If the bike was mine, I would just add an external "jump block", so I could jump start the bike without having to accesss enclosed areas. It wouldn't compromise the security syatem at all.

MagicMtnDan
03-27-2006, 08:01 AM
Kind of like this?
http://www.visi.com/~aangen/k1200lt.jpg

lakewake
03-27-2006, 08:20 AM
Kind of like this?
http://www.visi.com/~aangen/k1200lt.jpg
Hey Dan, I haven't tried the photo insertion process yet but saved your instructions. On the BMW forum some of the guys gave me the fix. The key has to be at an exact 45 degree in the lock and push down to unlock. I had tried that but guess I had not found the sweet spot. It is disappointing that the service tech at the dealership didn't know this. Live and learn. Is this your Bike? Thanks,Tony