PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Laughlin!

HighRoller
01-14-2004, 04:23 PM
Okay, after much deliberation I've decided to update you guys on all the exciting changes in my life. Normally I don't air my laundry in public but what the heck. I've spent more time on here than with most of my friends so you guys deserve it. You may have noticed the location change below my avatar. I moved to Portland Oregon just before Christmas to live with my fiance. Okay, wait, back up. I've dated a girl on and off for three years and finally realized after a year of serious dating that she was everything I was looking for. So I moved here and popped the question the next day. No livin in sin for me! The other reason I moved here was to finish my college degree. She has told me she's behind me in this and I'm never gonna get another shot to be in school full time and work part time. Once the family comes that chance will vanish so now's the time! Okay, now that the trivial stuff is handled let's get down to the main event! BACHELOR PARTY! We have a yearly boys' trip to Parker that always falls on the last weekend of April or first weekend of May. Two out of the three years have been bachelor party deals so I figured even though it's not my place to plan my own party I could at least pick the date and place that I would prefer. I'm sure more details will be forthcoming as soon as the date gets closer, but I thought I'd put out the first notice to get the ball rolling.

mbrown2
01-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Sounds like drinking at the Blue Bar is in order...plus, a buddy called me today and said it is going up for sale...
Maybe the new owner will allow a stripper to pop from a cake...
Once you are firm on the date...let us know...I am always down for a Parker party....

Ziggy
01-14-2004, 04:42 PM
I'd say congratulations are in order. Nice move.:cool:

HighRoller
01-14-2004, 04:44 PM
Actually MB2, my B-day is May 10th so any of you Fockers who show up have to buy me TWO drinks! Actually, here is my preliminary list of B-day wishes.
1. A ride in MB2's DCB. I've never been over 100 on the water and never been in a DCB so I thought you could hook me up!
2.To have Hustler be my "Limo" driver. There are few boats as cool as his no matter how expensive! I'll pay for the gas.
3. To finally hang out with the legendary RiverDave and play rochambeau. I get to go first!
Looks like we need to start a "Buy the Blue Bar" fund here on the boards.

Hustler
01-14-2004, 05:01 PM
Holy shit look what I started:eek: Congrates on all the good things going in your life right now, keep us posted on the Parker dealio, if the Hustler is together by then I dont see why we cant make it. by the way does this mean I can throw out those giant sandals that have been riding around in my boat;) :D

mbrown2
01-14-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Actually, here is my preliminary list of B-day wishes.
1. A ride in MB2's DCB. I've never been over 100 on the water and never been in a DCB so I thought you could hook me up!
If I am there, I will hook you up with a ride...and if we get some open and safe water in front of RoadRunner, we can open her up...:D

DEEZ NUTTS
01-14-2004, 05:12 PM
My wife is from and inlaws live in Portland. I go every year for the week at christmas time. I drool at all the water in that place. The weather is always crappy when I am there but I still want to boat those rivers.
Just seems too cool to boat down town. I have visions of summer cruises and tie offs in the middle of the city. Wife never cared about boats before I trapped her so she has no idea if that kinda stuff happens. I do know that your boat never really dries out, that could be kinda hard on them. Good luck.

Mandelon
01-14-2004, 05:20 PM
We are all invited? Sounds like fun!!!!! :D :D

HighRoller
01-14-2004, 05:32 PM
If I am there, I will hook you up with a ride...and if we get some open and safe water in front of RoadRunner, we can open her up...
Damn! Just the thought of that is giving me goose bumps.
if the Hustler is together by then I dont see why we cant make it. by the way does this mean I can throw out those giant sandals that have been riding around in my boat
What you mean WE? This is a boys' trip and although your wife is incredibly cool and quite stunning, the only way she's invited is if she's popping out of a cake!:D BTW I heard your GPS readings went down from 51 to 49 with the added weight of my clodhoppers! Are you still building the blower motor?
We are all invited? Sounds like fun!!!!!
Only if you get that hot new neighbor of yours to jump out of the cake with Fufu!!! This deal is workin out great already!!;)

HighRoller
01-14-2004, 06:23 PM
I'll be there either April 30-May 2 or May 7-9. Mark it down on your calendars!!

JetBoatRich
01-14-2004, 09:30 PM
Congratulations on the engagement and best to luck to you.:D
Bachelor/Birthday party all in one:eek:

gigamurph
01-14-2004, 09:35 PM
I'd like to second JBR's sentiments. Congratulations on your engagement and good luck in your future!:D

boatnam2
01-14-2004, 09:39 PM
may 7-9 count missb and i in.plan on going that weekend already so lets get it on!

HighRoller
01-14-2004, 10:29 PM
Good deal Mr. B. **** that indecision crap, we have a winner. May 7-9 it is!!!!! Now if I only had a boat......

78Eliminator
01-14-2004, 10:30 PM
Dude, when is the party? I'm there. I want to watch Kartman puke!

Rivertoys
01-14-2004, 10:38 PM
Congrat HR!!! I'll do everything I can to be there. If the Hustler isn't ready, you & Joe both have a ride with me. My boat isn't as cool as the Hustler, but it comfortably seats a few more people!!!
RTJas :D

cruser
01-14-2004, 11:47 PM
While you are here, there are a few places to go. Drag races, lakes that you can see into the water more than a couple of inches (some have visibility >100 ft) and a few rivers. I also know a couple of people who are putting together boats that could keep up with most of Havasu's hottest. Oh, and we can breath the air nearly all the time! Don't take a deep breath right now or you might drown.
Are you sure about that date? I think spring break is in March here.
cruzer

boatnam2
01-14-2004, 11:57 PM
i dont think not having a boat will be a problem.

Froggystyle
01-15-2004, 12:27 AM
Congrats!!!
Glad to hear things are working out for you, though sorry you are now in Oregon, land of malaise... :D
I will see if we can make your party... Candi and Audrey can go cruise in the new boat while we party it up at the Blue Bar.
Wait a minute... That doesn't sound like a very good deal!

HighRoller
01-15-2004, 01:04 AM
Holy crap! I was about to send out a search party for you Wes. Will the ultimate pimp cruiser be ready by May? I'm dying to see/ride in/drive a boat with the dualjet so let me know.
Candi and Audrey can go cruise in the new boat while we party it up at the Blue Bar
Orrrr.....we can leave them at the Blue Bar while we party at Fox's or the RoadRunner. I'm very partial to being on the water and I'm looking forward to one of those legendary Froggystyle night cruises. No doubt the neon in the Trident will be visible from a jetliner.

HighRoller
01-15-2004, 10:02 PM
*BUMP* Oh, did I do that?