PDA

View Full Version : San Diego hotels

Nokomis
01-14-2004, 06:13 PM
The wife and I are heading to San Diego in Febuary to see John West and Co. Looking for opinions on some nice hotels in the area.

Mandelon
01-14-2004, 06:19 PM
I live here. What do you want to know? How long will you be here? Want to be downtown, beachside or near the factory? We have a lot of hotels. ;)

Nokomis
01-14-2004, 06:23 PM
Gonna be in for only two nights. Just looking for somewhere nice and maybe close to some things to see in San Diego. Lets put it this way, where would you stay?

jbtrailerjim
01-14-2004, 06:40 PM
Last summer my wife and I stayed at the Manchester Grand Hyatt near the Gas Lamp district. Nice hotel right on the water and there's plenty to do and see around there. It's not that far from Ultra either.

LASERRAY
01-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Nokomis
The wife and I are heading to San Diego in Febuary to see John West and Co. Looking for opinions on some nice hotels in the area. Try the Hotel Del Coronado. That's if you can get a reservation on such short notice. Or better yet, have John West take care of it.:D

NashvilleBound
01-14-2004, 06:53 PM
Go to www.signonsandiego.com It will have any link you need.
As much as I like it, my 247 is for sale, but I have to say John will be a pleasure to deal with. Whatever your interested in he'll do you right.
Good Luck, NB

Mandelon
01-14-2004, 06:58 PM
The Hyatt is nice for sure. Its on the bay and has great views. Coronado is a nice old famous hotel. Its right on the beach. A bit of a drive, but the character may be worth it.

CMABadseed
01-14-2004, 08:04 PM
i happen to remember that the haneli hotel in mission valley has a suite with huge mirror on the ceiling....how i remember i have no idea one trashed prom night about 6 years ago!
hahah seriously though
horton grand downtown really cool little spot

boatnam2
01-14-2004, 08:16 PM
trying to think of the place we stayed at last year.its right across from sea world on its on island.very cool place room right on the beach.paradise or something like that.

Mandelon
01-14-2004, 08:17 PM
Paradise Point. Its on Mission Bay.

boatnam2
01-14-2004, 08:26 PM
thats it madelon missb took me there last year for my b/d.very nice paradise point resort and spa.

Nokomis
01-14-2004, 09:25 PM
Thanks for all the info guys.
My wife and I are really looking foward to a new boat this summer. Seeing its in the single digits and snowing right now we could use some warm weather even if its for 2 or 3 days.:cool:

SoCalOffshore
01-14-2004, 09:32 PM
The Hyatt and the Marriott are great, but pricey, along with the Del Coronado. Old Town can be fun and the hotel is fine. Eat dinner at Rainwaters by the train station and have lunch at the mexican restaurant in Old Town.

rvrhlic
01-15-2004, 10:01 AM
stay at the W it is a great hotel. probably the most confortable beds in a hotel (except for the Ian Shrager Hotels).

ROZ
01-15-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Mandelon
I live here. What do you want to know? How long will you be here? Want to be downtown, beachside or near the factory? We have a lot of hotels. ;)
He should stay at the hotel that is east of Fiesta Island on the west of the 5 south about where City Chevrolet is.... Can't remember the name.... I could see it from my bro's house when he lived in bay park...

mbrown2
01-15-2004, 10:13 AM
Stay at the Gas Lamp Hilton....it is right across from water, convention center, and walking distance to all the hot spots at the Gas Lamp...Stayed their a couple times, and love it.

OLDRAT
01-15-2004, 11:41 AM
Over the last ten years, I have stayed the the Hilton on Harbor
Island (now Airport Hilton), but since it changed from the Travel
Lodge, prices have gone up. However, it's just nice to stay at a marina based Hotel.....
Rainwaters and Humphries are great along with the big mexican
place in Old Town (and Humphries usually has some big-name
concerts in the summer). Also try the Pacifica in Del Mar for eats
.......it's worth the drive.

Caribbean Jet
01-15-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by rvrhlic
stay at the W it is a great hotel. probably the most confortable beds in a hotel (except for the Ian Shrager Hotels).
The W is great. I sent my wife and some of her girlfrinds down there last year and they loved it. The Hotel Del is awsome and the New Torry Pines Inn is super nice too. Its on the ocean and you can golf there too.

Rvr2Bch
01-15-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by mbrown2
Stay at the Gas Lamp Hilton....it is right across from water, convention center, and walking distance to all the hot spots at the Gas Lamp...Stayed their a couple times, and love it.
I totally agree. The Hilton is awesome. Stayed there last month and didn't have to use my car the entire weekend. The only downside is the $21 per day parking charge. Other than that, everything was perfect. Walking distance to everything, including the new baseball stadium. Here are a few pics I found from when we stayed there.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/1210hilton-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/1210hilton2-med.jpg
and here is one from our room looking west. The harbor is on the other side of the convention center, about a block away.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/1210hilton_view-med.jpg
Hope this helps!:D
-Rvr2Bch

Mandelon
01-15-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
He should stay at the hotel that is east of Fiesta Island on the west of the 5 south about where City Chevrolet is.... Can't remember the name.... I could see it from my bro's house when he lived in bay park...
That is the Mission Bay Hilton. Pretty nice. They remodeled a few years ago. Cool steel drum bands by the pool in the summer. ;)