PDA

View Full Version : How many Realtors do we have on the boards?

flat broke
01-15-2004, 12:44 PM
I was at the Pond yesterday for the new MLSAlliance rollout and it was crazy sitting in traffic on Katella. 90% of the cars were going to the pond, and thus involved in the real estate industry. It got me to thinking, how many of us on the boards are involved with the industry?
Chris

Hallett19
01-15-2004, 12:47 PM
I am an agent with Dilbeck in La Canada, I guess a good follow up question for whoever is in real estate is who is busy in real estate ? I havent closed a good deal since October, a deal that has made me any kind of money at least.

al cole'holic
01-15-2004, 12:55 PM
The old lady is an agent :D
Busy..?...put it this way, I don't think I've seen her since our last trip to Havasu. :D

572Daytona
01-15-2004, 01:06 PM
I'm a real estate agent, but not in California

NOTALENT
01-15-2004, 01:08 PM
Im starting classes this semester at golden west college for RE license.

al cole'holic
01-15-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Bropb16
Check out the Allied online classes, pretty sweet deal! I took the appraisal courses in 2000, and had the ball rolling on the online class...

Ivan Dan
01-15-2004, 01:19 PM
Ya RD is right...I'm an agent too.
YA the Pond was a joke yesterday huh?!? I went to the morning one and was that not the biggest waste of time ever? They were basically teaching people how to use the internet. The new system is going to be A LOT better once its up and running with the bugs worked out. Remember when XMLSweb first came out they had so many bugs with it?
Hey Flat broke what company do you work for? How long have you been in the business?
Bropb16~ Give me a call when you get a chance I have a few questions for ya. I might be able to help you out and save you some time and headache.
www.DanKaatz.com

BIGTYME
01-15-2004, 01:40 PM
I'm a REALTOR in San Diego. Wasn't too busy for december. Business is sure picking up though.
San Diego Real Estate (www.EastCountyRealEstate.com)
The golden rule for REALTORS. They always think they are busier than they really are. If your doing 4 or less deals a month you should be working less than 40hrs/week. 99% of Realtors think that when they have just one deal they are busy.

Ivan Dan
01-15-2004, 02:08 PM
Hey Scott~
How many deals a month do you do? Do you have a few agents that work under you? How many deals did you do last year? Is the San Diego market still appreciating like mad?
DAN
www.DanKaatz.com

BUSTI
01-15-2004, 02:30 PM
We are brokers specializing in real estate lending primarily in the commercial and hard money market through out California and Nevada. We also do residential A paper and Subprime loans. For our high end and repeat customers we will list property however rarely do we openly solicit listings ....its just not our thing.
The hard money business and the small commercial loan business (up to 5 million ) is on fire...we are so busy!

Outnumbered
01-15-2004, 02:49 PM
I've been appraising since 1989. Sold for a few years back in the mid 90's and have also done loans before. In fact, I may even get back into that. It was a fun gig.
OL

rvrhlic
01-15-2004, 03:57 PM
I am a realtor although I am not actively selling. I sold primarily in Santa Barbara/Montecito.
Hallet19, I know a lot of agents in the La Crescenta, La Canada area. How ling have you been selling?
rvr

truksnboats
01-15-2004, 04:14 PM
I sell mortgages out of Glendora CA.
Rates are great by the way... 5.5% 30 fixed 0 points!!!!

mbrown2
01-15-2004, 04:20 PM
Work for a Home Loan company, but on the tech side of the hizzle..

truksnboats
01-15-2004, 04:24 PM
Anyone go to the lender convention in the city of Industry today? I just got back.

Hallett19
01-15-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Bropb16
Take is with Century 21 RET (real estate trainers) It was $250, 2 weeks plus the crash course and all the study guides, passed it the first time !!

flat broke
01-15-2004, 04:44 PM
This is what I was hoping for :)
Ivan Dan,
I used to sell for C21 (that's where I got started), Now I do lending in pretty much any/every 1-4 unit scenario imaginable. I've been on the lending side now for a little over a year and LOVE it. I did more business last year than a lot of the people who told me to get into the business did in the previous 3 years.
As far as the current pace of the business, things were slow during the hollidays, but they are always slow in the late 4th qtr. Business picked up right away for us after the new year. As a guage, I'm running at a pace now that is similar to March of 03'.
Busti,
Kind of ironic we're in the same industry eh? :)
Any of the Realtors that are LISTING in LA,OC, Riverside or SD counties; I have a program that can help you double pop your listings, and at the very least drive in more buy-side leads off of your existing properties.
The reason I started this thread was because in my non business dealings with HB members, we always seem to hook each other up, and occaisional heated debates asside, get along pretty well. I was talking with my partner in the office this morning about it and how it would be cool if we could grow our professional network in a similar fashion. I'll refrain from laying a pitch, ;) but if anyone needs help with anything I can be reached at clloyd@mortgagesense.com
As far as the Pond yesterday, that was one of the biggest wastes of time I have experienced in a while. But to be honest, the remedial nature of the "training" was needed considering how reluctant a lot of the old timmers are to adopt new technology.
The new MLS is deffintely nice, but still not quite as nice as the Greater South Bay Board of Realtors setup. Once the SoCalMLS adds the ability to have the MLS do a rough CMA it will be the best setup going IMO. That asside it is 100000000000% better than the old XMLS.
Chris

flat broke
01-15-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Hallett19
Take is with Century 21 RET (real estate trainers) It was $250, 2 weeks plus the crash course and all the study guides, passed it the first time !!
Hallet is right. That is probably the most effective way to get your conditional license.
Chris

Hallett19
01-15-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by rvrhlic
I am a realtor although I am not actively selling. I sold primarily in Santa Barbara/Montecito.
Hallet19, I know a lot of agents in the La Crescenta, La Canada area. How ling have you been selling?
rvr
I have been selling since Dec of 2002, so a little while now. I work with Henry Suarez at the Dilbeck on Foothill and Chevy Chase. I like it but its hard to stay busy sometimes. I am finally figuring out that to make good money, you need to close at least a deal a month. But the deals I, and most people in my office are at least 500k, my first deal I closed within my 3rd month working. Since I have been working I have closed 8 of my own deals and have been a partner in about 10. I like it, its very flexible on hours, but when you dont sell you dont make $HIT!!!
If anyone needs some real estate help up in my area, I could use the business, I have an area up here that is exploding and I'm getting alot of my clients in on some properties up here.
Spectrabrent does loans up here too and I have heard he is really easy to work with.

Mandelon
01-15-2004, 04:49 PM
I have been a broker in San Diego since 89, and am realtor and a realtor affiliate. Used to work for title company, property management did loans, construction, managed foreclosures, etc. Now I buy shacks....;)

Bense468
01-15-2004, 04:51 PM
My mom, cousin, and sister in law are all in real estate in southern california.
Moms Rated top 1% nationwide (http://www.melodiebenson.com)

Hallett19
01-15-2004, 04:57 PM
:D does your mom need a protege ??

GrapeApe
01-15-2004, 05:03 PM
I am a Broker here in San Diego as well. I focus on Loans, but represent friends, and there referals on Real Estate Transactions. I must say that the deals I have picked up just from going to the River last year, paid for my Boat alone.
*** Grape Ape ***

totenhosen
01-15-2004, 06:26 PM
I work out in the Pasadena area. Things are going great on this end. I do it all and have a in-house lender as well. I'll behave a hitting you up flat broke in a day or two. I also have a guy that does SBA and commercial loans.

BIGTYME
01-15-2004, 06:27 PM
Hey Bense,
What makes a person Top 1% Nationwide?
I ocassionally see this from Very productive Realtors from time to time. I am just curious to see what the magic number is to be in that 1%

GrapeApe
01-15-2004, 06:29 PM
Bigtyme.....I thought all Realtors where in the top 10% at least..... I always laugh at that..
*** Grape Ape ***

BUSTI
01-15-2004, 06:31 PM
Flat Broke,
I recognized your great mind early on! No kidding your willingness to help me and give me advice on my Spectra is a probably a key to your success in the real estate business. I have been hacking loans for 24 years now and the over riding similiarity that all re agents have aside from working hard and being ethical is their ability to find friends.
I have probably recruited, evaluated, hired, and trained over thousand sales agents and loan officers over the last 24 years and I have told them all ' if you can find friends easily then you are well on your way to being a success in this business". You are very friendly and eager to help fellow boaters with their problems. Our business is simple but not easy. It is not rocket science how ever you must have a certain amount problem resolution skills that the normal sales rep in other industries are not required to have. Your friendliness says volumes on how you treat your customers.
All though now I have my own business for years I had some pretty heavy corporate assignments at Security Pacific Bank, Shearson Lehman Mortgage, First Team Real Estate and Norwest Bank. Although our company is small we have a strong but select group of heavy hitters. I have specialized in the hard money business lately lending private money sources on D to F borrowers. Like every other residential lender the A paper biz over the last three years has been wonderful...I guess for you to.
The private money/hard money business had been my focus the last year lending on residetial, small commercial. mixed use and single purpose properties. We get 12 to 14% on first trust deeds. Up to 6 points on owner occupied sfr's and 12 to 16$ on commercial and non owner occ deals with up to 10 points on these deals. Last week I did a tortilla factory in Riverside...single purpose property because of tall the gas boilers and grain hoppers and got 10 points on a 450,000 loan. with no more work in to it than aN A paper sfr. $45,000.00 total income as the borrower had no income to prove and a credit score of 495 middle. He had only owned the business for one year and the building was going to be sold out from underneath him by the previous owner.
All my hard money deals are 65% LTV, if the borrower has the ltv not excede 65% we slam the deal. Email me if you want to know more!:D

Bense468
01-16-2004, 10:43 AM
Big Tymer.
I don't know, I guess the fact that she has hundreds of plaqs saying top1% nationwide. I don't know what the number is but you could always call her up and ask her.
My cousin works down in San Diego also. She learned from my mom, and my mom paid for her license. Her name is Deanna Benson, if you know her at all.

BBB
01-16-2004, 01:25 PM
I'm just starting out as an agent here in the Bay Area. Making the jump from high tech sales into Real Estate and I can't wait to get going!

mikev
01-16-2004, 04:13 PM
my wife sells it here in Georgia.

mtndewdrops
01-16-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Old Lavey
I've been appraising since 1989. Sold for a few years back in the mid 90's and have also done loans before. In fact, I may even get back into that. It was a fun gig.
OL
OL, I have been interested in Real Estate Appraisal, can you give me an idea what kind of income potential can you earn if you work hard at it??? Any good schools to go to in Arizona?
Thanks