PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Term Labor

Waldo
01-17-2004, 10:03 AM
Anybody's wife or women out there had it. My wife went into labor yesterday seven weeks early. Scared the crap out of us. After a full day in the hospital, some meds and tests, and she is finally at home now on bed rest with oral meds.
I know it can be common but freaked us out. Any prayers, thoughts, and suggestions are welcome.
Peace - Brannon

rvrtoy
01-17-2004, 10:05 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. Don't let her lift a finger!
Everything will turn out great!

Kilrtoy
01-17-2004, 10:57 AM
That happens more often than you hear about.
Follow the docs orders and she should be ok, any sign of something take her back right away.
God luck we are with ya......

Kurtis500
01-17-2004, 11:02 AM
It is common. Happened with all three of my kids. She should relax and avoid any type of labor activities. You should take over any activities she does that require even a little work like cleaning the floors or doing the laundry. just my .02

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-17-2004, 11:08 AM
It is common.. like everyone has said.. donot let her do anything.. I had them at 5 months and was on bed rest for 3 months.. It is not fun but once she hits the eighth month she will probably be able to do anything.. all three of you are in our thoughts and prayers.. she and the baby will be fine.. ;)

LASERRAY
01-17-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
That happens more often than you hear about.
Follow the docs orders and she should be ok, any sign of something take her back right away.
God luck we are with ya...... I agree with this. It's normal. My wife says it happens all the time and she would know. The body has a way of working things out. So try not to worry too much, a little is normal. Good luck and Congratulations. :cool:

Mandelon
01-17-2004, 11:43 AM
That means no more doggy style....?
No you are stuck with Coyote style. You get to sit next to it and howl..........:( ;)

Havasu Hangin'
01-17-2004, 11:51 AM
My advise to you is to start stocking up on sleep.

LASERRAY
01-17-2004, 02:22 PM
Remember when the expectant fathers would chill-out in the waiting room smoking pipes, cigs, and cigars? Oh the times they are a changin'!:D :cool:

Waldo
01-17-2004, 04:43 PM
Thanks all...
Mandelon, you crack me up...that's one of the stipulations...NO SEX....URGGGGGGGGGG!
My wife's doing well today just taking it very easy. I am taking on all the chores she would normally do (which is quite a lot and part of the reason why I think she had the pre-term labor).
Thanks for the prayers and thoughts.

Ultracrazy
01-17-2004, 07:12 PM
Wife had our first baby five weeks early........he is now 6ft 200lbs and a stud.