PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Rescue

Dr. Eagle
01-18-2004, 10:02 PM
Jeep Rescue (http://autoshow.edmunds.yahoo.com/news/autoshow/articles/100916/page020.html?tid=yahoo.e.autoshow..leftnav.21.*)
I know a lot of folks here like the H2 Hummer, as do I. But I am really liking the new Jeep concept car, the Rescue.

Forkin' Crazy
01-18-2004, 10:14 PM
Pretty damn cool! Ought to get good milage with the Cummins too.:)

SoCal_fun
01-19-2004, 02:24 AM
I'll take one...............:D
Hey, that was one of those 3 word posts... well, it was until I messed it up. Oh well! :frown:

superV
01-19-2004, 05:51 AM
Being a Jeep lover Ill Take One for Sure that thing is BAD ASS!;) Wonder How it tows cuz we know its got the power:eek:

Dr. Eagle
01-19-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by SoCal_fun
I'll take one...............:D
Hey, that was one of those 3 word posts... well, it was until I messed it up. Oh well! :frown:
Keep trying!!!!!!
:D

Dr. Eagle
01-19-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by superV
Being a Jeep lover Ill Take One for Sure that thing is BAD ASS!;) Wonder How it tows cuz we know its got the power:eek:
Sounds like it'll have the power and the drivetrain. I'd consider getting rid of the 01 burb w the 8.1 for that dude. Then I'd have an all jeep family....
It's about time they joined the other manufacturers with a full size offering. And it is nice it has the Cummins.

little rowe boat
01-20-2004, 10:33 AM
Thats a good looking ride,another plus is the diesel power plant.:cool:

Dr. Eagle
01-20-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by little rowe boat
Thats a good looking ride,another plus is the diesel power plant.:cool:
Looks to me like it'll be heavier duty than the H2...for towing and stuff like that.

dorC
01-20-2004, 10:49 AM
The neat thing is that Chrysler has shown a willingness to make concept vehicles production vehicles. Of course, it won't have the CTD and the big wheels, but otherwise it looks production ready. I could see it the the 5.7hemi as a replacement for the Grand Cherokee.

Dr. Eagle
01-20-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by dorC
The neat thing is that Chrysler has shown a willingness to make concept vehicles production vehicles. Of course, it won't have the CTD and the big wheels, but otherwise it looks production ready. I could see it the the 5.7hemi as a replacement for the Grand Cherokee.
I don't think it is a replacement for the Grand Cherokee. The GC is more in the mid size class like the Envoy, trailblazer or Explorer. The Rescue is on a par with the Burb, expedition/Excursion, Hummer.
I think it is intended as an augment to the line, equivelant to one of the other large SUVs, a product that jeep has not tried to compete with before.

dorC
01-20-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
I don't think it is a replacement for the Grand Cherokee. The GC is more in the mid size class like the Envoy, trailblazer or Explorer. The Rescue is on a par with the Burb, expedition/Excursion, Hummer.
I think it is intended as an augment to the line, equivelant to one of the other large SUVs, a product that jeep has not tried to compete with before.
That's an excellent point. I didn't realize it was so large. If it is in that class, then the CTD becomes doable and very saleable. I wonder what will happen with the rims????

Dr. Eagle
01-20-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by dorC
I wonder what will happen with the rims????
I think since it has a central tire inflation system, the rims will stay. Styling may change, but I think the rims are integrated with air passages on the H1 with a central inflation system and the text indicates the same in this article...
Could be a hell of a product.

Outnumbered
01-20-2004, 01:11 PM
That is bad-ass. I have a 97 wrangler and love it but it is way too small inside. Thinking of selling it beacause the kids dont fit too good anymore in the back. That would be perfect. The CTD would be NICE.
OL