PDA

View Full Version : In honor of Martin Luther King Jr's birthday....

Mandelon
01-19-2004, 11:17 AM
I gave all my african-american employees the day off. :rolleyes: :D

Dr. Eagle
01-19-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Mandelon
He Hemmmm...................................uh....... ..nice Mandy.....
:rolleyes: :D :D :D

THATJEFFGUY
01-19-2004, 12:06 PM
Wow..they work ???

Kachina26
01-19-2004, 12:13 PM
With pay??????????????

NastyOne
01-19-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by THATJEFFGUY
Wow..they work ???
ROTFLMAO............. that was the best.:D

Taylorman
01-19-2004, 01:17 PM
Wow..they work ???
lmao!!!!!!!!
That was the best.

jackpunx
01-19-2004, 01:19 PM
We went to Rosco's

OGShocker
01-19-2004, 01:22 PM
Wow..they work ???
ROTMFFLMFAO!

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-19-2004, 01:27 PM
so does michael jackson get the day off? or does he have to work? what the f**k is it(he) anyway.. ??? :D

likwidsukr
01-19-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
so does michael jackson get the day off? or does he have to work? what the f**k is it(he) anyway.. ??? :D
ROTFLMFHAODAMN!!!

Kilrtoy
01-19-2004, 01:43 PM
I celebrate any day that I get off and get paid

78Eliminator
01-19-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
Yeah, I know. He was a decent looking man and he ruined himself. I mean, I watched some story on the news about the disease he has, where you look in the mirror and hate what you see, regardless.......

StealBlueZ
01-19-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
Not a paid day off here where I work, but most of the brutha's are "off" today.....

Screaming Pete
01-19-2004, 02:48 PM
Mandelon, Do you still hear the song??

Dr. Eagle
01-19-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Screaming Pete
Mandelon, Do you still hear the song??
which song...BEAT IT?

Mandelon
01-19-2004, 03:10 PM
Correction: I guess its not his birthday, just a day they picked to celebrate the achievements contributions and sacrifices of this great man.
I get the feeling you all are being a bit sarcastic here? Sheesh.
:rolleyes: :D

GONE2RIVER
01-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Q: Why was MLK assassinated?
A: Because the KKK had a dream too.

JetBoatRich
01-19-2004, 04:31 PM
Do you feel better now:rolleyes:

THATJEFFGUY
01-19-2004, 05:14 PM
OK, I might as well offend the group with my "off-color" jokes too !
What would MLK be today is he white ?
...Alive !
Ya remember the "Million Man March" ?
...only 3 of those guys lost a day of work !

ratso
01-19-2004, 06:26 PM
This is kind of cold, my buddy blurted it out in a restaurant today...He said "Hell, why don't we just shoot 4 more of them and take the whole week off!":D :eek!:

PlyaPlya22
01-19-2004, 07:22 PM
Those are real classy statements. I'm not mad or upset I hear these things all the time. But here is a little info. for those of you who don't know....
A very humorous and revealing story is told about a group of white people who were fed up with African Americans, so they joined together and wished themselves away. They passed through a deep dark tunnel and emerged in sort of a twilight zone where there is an America without black people. At first these white people breathe a sigh of relief. At last, they said. No more crime, drugs, violence and welfare. All of the blacks have gone! Then suddenly, reality set in. The "NEW AMERICA" is not America at all-only a barren land.
1. There are very few crops that have flourished because the nation
was built on a slave-supported system.
2. There are no cities with tall skyscrapers because Alexander Mils,
a black man, invented the elevator, and without it one finds great difficulty reaching higher floors.
3. There are few if any cars because Richard Spikes, a black man,
invented the automatic gear-shift, Joseph Gambol, also black, invented the Super Charge System for Internal Combustion Engines, and Garrett A. Morgan, a black man, invented the traffic signals.
4. Furthermore, one could not use the rapid transit system because
it's procurer was the electric trolley, which was invented by another black man, Albert R. Robinson.
5. Even if there were streets on which cars and a rapid transit
system could operate, they were cluttered with paper because an African American, Charles Brooks, invented the street sweeper.
6. There were few if any newspapers, magazines and books because John
Love invented the pencil sharpener, William Purveys invented the fountain pen, Lee Barrage invented the Type Writing Machine and W. A. Love invented the Advanced Printing Press. They were all you guessed it, Black.
7. Even if Americans could write their letters, articles and books,
they would not have been transported by mail because William Barry invented the Postmarking and Canceling Machine, William Purveys invented the Hand Stamp and Philip Downing invented the Letter Drop.
8. The lawns were brown and wilted because Joseph Smith invented the
Lawn Sprinkler and John Burr the Lawn Mower.
9. When they entered their homes, they found them to be poorly
ventilated and poorly heated. You see Frederick Jones invented the Air Conditioner and Alice Parker the Heating Furnace. Their homes were also dim. But of course, Lewis Later invented the Electric Lamp, Michael Harvey invented the lantern and Granville T. Woods invented the Automatic Cut off Switch. Their homes were also filthy because Thomas W. Steward invented the Mop &Lloyd P. Ray the Dust Pan.
10. Their children met them at the door-barefooted, shabby, motley and
unkempt. But what could one expect? Jan E. Matzelinger invented the Shoe Lasting Machine, Walter Sammons invented the Comb, Sarah Boone invented the Ironing Board and George T. Samon invented the Clothes Dryer.
11. Finally, they were resigned to at least have dinner amidst all of
this turmoil. But here again, the food had spoiled because another Black Man, John Standard invented the refrigerator.
Now, isn't that something? What would this Country be like without the contributions of Blacks, as African-Americans? Martin Luther King, Jr., "by the time we leave for work, Americans have depended on the inventions from the minds of Blacks."
Later,
PlyaPlya22
P.S. See all that and we can still party together!! :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-19-2004, 07:46 PM
well you seem to have forgotten the man who invented plasma. I don't recal his name but he was also a black man that invented it and then one day he got hit by a car and was refused at the emergency room because of his color and he then died.. so if your posting facts. make it count. ;)
since your posting facts this is one I know. ;)

Mandelon
01-19-2004, 07:53 PM
I heard on the radio today, (from a black woman host) that 70% of black babies are born into a one parent home.....:(
It's just a little humor. Lighten up. ( No pun intended)
We make fun of everyone around here. ;) :rolleyes:

PlyaPlya22
01-19-2004, 07:54 PM
Hi MFV,
I was putting a little FYI out there. Thanks for the input.

PlyaPlya22
01-19-2004, 07:57 PM
Mandelon,
I didn't take any of that personal in the least bit. I love to give people a hard time like the next guy!! Trust me on that.:p

LASERRAY
01-19-2004, 07:59 PM
Lets make fun of Canadians now.:D

hd&boatrider
01-19-2004, 08:00 PM
You guys are cold......Better watch it...One of my friends has told me he is going to arrange a million man boat regatta and drive all us white people off of the lake. That shit was funny and he had me rolling.
By the way....I told him the best place for that would be Havasu, Mead, Blythe, Parker or Needles.....:)

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-19-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by PlyaPlya22
Hi MFV,
I was putting a little FYI out there. Thanks for the input.
no I didn't take it that way at all. I just heard that and it is true. thats all. it's all in fun here.. I don't like to argue over something if it was in the past. except my husbands ex girlfriends. (plural) LMAO!! all in fun here.. :D

Dr. Eagle
01-19-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Lets make fun of Canadians now.:D
Just like on Southpark...
BLAME CANADA!!!!!!!
:D

PlyaPlya22
01-19-2004, 08:54 PM
That's good to know, because I talk a lot of shit ( in a good way of course) We've all probable partied together and don't even know it. :D