PDA

View Full Version : Call all Ultra 28 Stealth owners

SUPERCREWJOHN
01-19-2004, 01:55 PM
Hi everyone,
I have an Ultra 28 Stealth on order. I wanted to find out from other members of this board there experience with taking this boat into the ocean,
It seems like the dead rise @ transom is only 20 degrees from the literature reviews. How is this going to compare to the 24 degrees that you see in the boats like the Shockwave Magnitude , Formula etc, that have the greater degree of deadrise.
Am I missing something( other than the boat being in my garage)?

SUPERCREWJOHN
01-19-2004, 05:23 PM
RD
That is my intention as well is to overnight or hammer the ocean seeing that the River is becoming corrupted by idiots and the water levels have been suspect ( Mead and Powell). Have you seen any at the River? It doesnt seem like there are all that many of owners of these on this board. I am getting very anxious for mine
:)

RUNFAST
01-20-2004, 06:47 AM
They run well in the ocean.....that's all we have around Long Island. One of our clients ran his in the New City Poker Run last June and was very happy with it's performance. If you have any specific questions let me know. I'll try to answer them for you. 2 28's are members of the Long Island Offshore Powerboat Club. There are some pics you can see at www.LIOPA.com www.liopa.com (http://)

SUPERCREWJOHN
01-20-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by RUNFAST
They run well in the ocean.....that's all we have around Long Island. One of our clients ran his in the New City Poker Run last June and was very happy with it's performance. If you have any specific questions let me know. I'll try to answer them for you. 2 28's are members of the Long Island Offshore Powerboat Club. There are some pics you can see at www.LIOPA.com www.liopa.com (http://)
Thank you RunFast. If I am not mistaken one of those boats used to belong to John West himself right. I am curious as to what power options/ prop options they have selected and wether or not they are using Sea Strainers. I have specified a HP500 and I was considering using a 5-blade Maximus or something from Hydromotive
How has the boat handled in moderate 3-5 swells(12-15 sec intervals) with 1-2ft chop ? Have they had any maintenance issues with the Salt Water? What kind of range have they experienced with the 80 Gal tank. Is there enough fuel for most of their outings without refill.
Were their any items from a handling perspective that I should be aware of/ Learning curve ?
If they do not want to post in public they can always email me or leave me a Private message.
I cant wait to get mine.. :D

RUNFAST
01-20-2004, 01:15 PM
SUPERSCEWJOHN,
Yes, One of them was Johns and was also on the 1st Monster Garage. It was also in Powerboat's 496 HO shootout. It will soon be on a new reallity show airing sometime next month on th WB network. Lot's of press for one boat.
The owner had us re-power the boat from the original 496 HO to the 525 HP / ITS XR Drive / 28 custom lab Hydromotive Prop. A MM sea strainer was installed for added protection. The ideal prop is the new MAXIMUS but has not been available until recently. Our regular day is 1-2 chop which the boat performs best in. She likes a little chop under the hull to get it up and on top. The boat runs well in 3-5 swells and has very good manners, she like to jump and go as we say.
There have been 0 maintenance issues with salt water running but you must specify that you will need the additional salt water coatings on all the hardware including the trim tabs. I would also get the GALVA-Tube version of the EXTREME trailer. It's worth every penny and again 0 issues. Looks exactly like a painted steel trailer but is treated with galvanized primer and paint to fight aslt water erossion. We order all our boats with those EXTREME trailer for the past 3 years and have had no problems. It works great The boat and trailer look like they did the day the boat was delivered.
This boat has a 90 gallon tank......as with all the Merc closed cooling maotors , range and fuel economy are oustanding. Much better than the HP 500. After 2 long days of hard boating the boat would still have 1/4 to 1/3 a tank left!
The boat has very goods manners and as with any new boat ( in particular this boat) a small but insignificant learning curve applies. Anyone with limited boating expierience can handle this boat without any problems.
I think I covered it all....Hope it helps!
You can also e-mail or PM me if you like.