PDA

View Full Version : Fess up ... how many of you

FMluvswater
01-19-2004, 09:35 PM
use a junk drawer as a filing cabinet? How many are going to sort through it someday? :D
Mine is stalking me I think. LOL! Where the heck did all that stuff come from and why don't I know 'exactly' what's in there? I'm the sole contributor to it. :confused: :D

BADBLOWN572
01-19-2004, 10:03 PM
Thats me! I always pack stuff away in my junk drawer and then can never find it when I need it. I guess I never learn from past experiences.

Dr. Eagle
01-19-2004, 10:05 PM
Worse...
I have a junk garage. Wifey keeps putting stuff she doesn't want out there and "don' t you dare throw that away". She keeps collecting fitness gear and never using it...on and on...
AHHHHH!!!!!!:mad:

JetBoatRich
01-19-2004, 10:12 PM
Not us:rolleyes: :wink:
It is true, most have them. :mad: You find what you needed a week later:o

Rexone
01-19-2004, 10:48 PM
If you have only one junk drawer you are an amateur. True junk collectors such as myself have several. :D

Tom Brown
01-19-2004, 10:50 PM
I don't bother looking in drawers for stuff. Who has that kind of time?
If it isn't on top of a horizontal surface, it's gone forever. That's why they have stores.

FMluvswater
01-19-2004, 11:22 PM
:D :D :D LMAO Now I'm more confused - do I just make a new junk drawer of one of the others or do I dump the one I got and go for the out of sight non-existent horizontal surfaces only approach? :confused: :D

Rexone
01-19-2004, 11:32 PM
I've actually exhausted my supply of drawers and gone to a much higher capacity "Bin" system. Counters are just pre-staging areas for the bin additions.

FMluvswater
01-20-2004, 12:40 AM
Does juggling drawer contents into boxes that can be shoved underneath things like beds and desks ( :idea: oh and into backs of closets too!) ... is any of that part of a working filing system? :confused: :D

sorry dog
01-20-2004, 06:10 AM
I got all you bitches covered.
Being the Green person that I am, I never throw anything away.
I got a junk drawer several closets full of full trash bags of shit (from radio control cars to my bank statements of 5 years ago) plus for the bigger items (outboard motors, motor scooters, air conditioners, computer parts, etc.) I've got basements of relatives filled up and a storage unit or two. I've even started my own mini junkyard on the hunting property. Anybody need a bay window or a pool chair?

HyRider15
01-20-2004, 06:51 AM
I keep all of my junk in my truck......don't want it mingled with all of the soon to be ex-wife's crap that is overflowing from the house!:mad: :mad: :mad:

91nordic29
01-20-2004, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Rexone
If you have only one junk drawer you are an amateur. True junk collectors such as myself have several. :D
i have 2 that i can think of off hand.
do not start another drawer, clean out the existing one. you will be WAY ahead if you do that. if you have more than one, it just spreads!:eek:

ITSALLGOOD69
01-20-2004, 08:01 AM
MAN I HAVE ONE IN MY ROOM, AND TWO IN THE GARAGE!:jawdrop:

coolchange
01-20-2004, 08:23 AM
Umm, Hello, My names Bruce and I'm a Disposaphobic.

GrapeApe
01-20-2004, 09:51 AM
I did a Loan for a Client here in San Diego.. Him and his wife never threw anything away. They had File boxes stacked to the ceiling on every wall in the house. It looked like a Mouse Maze.. The funny thing is, they wanted cashout to do a room addidition. I guess they where running out of wall space to stack more shit. They also owned the house right next door. I didnt go in that one.. He used it as his office for his business.
*** Grae Ape ***

HighRoller
01-20-2004, 10:01 AM
I have the perfect solution to the "junk drawer" problem. Make the bottom of the drawer hinged so that when it slams shut the bottom opens and dumps all the junk into a trash can. When the wife wants to know where she can store her Martha Stewart catalogues you say "just put em in the junk drawer Honey!"

JakeAisA
01-20-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Rexone
Dudes, great post...I too have multiple junk drawers. I just cleaned up my junk drawer at home and organized all my shit there. I'm really organized at home now. But...I still have about 4 junk drawers at work. My plan is to get to one of them per week.
It's really funny you guy's posted this up because I've been thinking about this for a long time. I'll read you what my "List of Things to Do" on my desk at work says to do about it:
"Go through every drawer and cabinet. Go over every piece of paper and file in the office that's not organized...Either file it, organize it, do it, or TRASH IT!"
I shit you not, this is verbatum.
Good luck with yours.

JakeAisA
01-20-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by sorry dog
I got a junk drawer several closets full of full trash bags of shit (from radio control cars to my bank statements of 5 years ago) plus for the bigger items (outboard motors, motor scooters, air conditioners, computer parts, etc.) I've got basements of relatives filled up and a storage unit or two. I've even started my own mini junkyard on the hunting property. Anybody need a bay window or a pool chair?
That's funny man.

JustMVG
01-20-2004, 01:06 PM
We have them here too, my girls feel it is easier to just wipe what ever is on the surface of (insert , table, countertop,china hutch) whatever it is they are to be cleaning, into the nearest open drawer, therefore we have many of them, i have 2 drawers and 1 junk garage, aided ever so gracefully by my lovely wife Margaret, we have vowed to get this taken care of, lets see how far we get THIS year.:mad: :D .
The best part is when the girls go looking for something, i just say i don't know why not check your drawers!!
Mike VG

totenhosen
01-20-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by sorry dog
Do you also have an El Camino on blocks in front of your double wide?

Tom Brown
01-20-2004, 02:31 PM
Hey Dog,
I'm looking for a battery compartment door for a Ti-66 Programmable calculator I'm restoring. You got?

Ziggy
01-20-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Worse...
I have a junk garage. Wifey keeps putting stuff she doesn't want out there and "don' t you dare throw that away". She keeps collecting fitness gear and never using it...on and on...
AHHHHH!!!!!!:mad:
That sounds like my house:eek: I'll ask the mrs why she's keeping all this stuff? Then she'll go into a rampage of house cleaning only to find all her crap in MY garage...then has the gall to say my garage is messy.
Ok, I'll clean it my way then:D :D :D
Sure is funny that one can visit pretty much any home and find that junkdrawer, usually, in the most convenient spot in the kitchen.;) :D

sorry dog
01-21-2004, 02:00 PM
I'm looking for a battery compartment door for a Ti-66 Programmable calculator I'm restoring. You got?
How about a roll of duct tape.
Do you also have an El Camino on blocks in front of your double wide?
I don't have a double wide. The payments were a little steep so we just got a single. My cousin JBB brother's wife sold it to us. She gave us a deal - the interest is only 17.9%.