PDA

View Full Version : Got rear ended again...

78Eliminator
01-20-2004, 10:23 AM
The second time in two years. I swear to god, I am going to get killed one of these times. Jesus. I was going like 5 mph in rush hour traffic and the next thing I know I am half way up some buicks ass. I ruined the car in front of me and also the ranger who hit me. My rear bumper is ruined, so is the front and the grill. The bed made contact with the cab and bent it up. The tailgate doesn't close and my trailer hitch is bent. This is just what I noticed after a breif walk around. Totally ****ed up my truck. Only two years old with 50,000 miles and two accidents now. At least no one was hurt. Both the person in front of me and the person who hit me barely spoke english. Lucky me.

j-rod
01-20-2004, 10:26 AM
Is that the one that's for sale ?
Are you dropping the price now?

little rowe boat
01-20-2004, 10:26 AM
Hopefully the person that rearended you was insured. :(

78Eliminator
01-20-2004, 10:28 AM
Yeah, they were both insured.

mirvin
01-20-2004, 10:28 AM
Sorry dude. That sucks. At least your not hurt.
Mirvin:)

little rowe boat
01-20-2004, 10:35 AM
If the damage is pretty bad, maybe the ins. co. will total it.:(

Bense468
01-20-2004, 10:37 AM
Go run it into a wall right now. Get that frame bent. Sorry to hear about that. It sucks when that happens

78Eliminator
01-20-2004, 10:39 AM
Well here is the deal. The truck seems to drive ok, but the bed is bent up and the tailgate does not close right. The bed rammed into the cab, so there is body damage there, so the bed is going to have to be removed and replaced. I hope they total it, in fact, I am going to try to make them. I intended to sell this thing and get a diesel truck that would tow my boat a little easier, but now, there is no way I am going ot be able to sell this truck to anyone. Who wants to buy a truck that has been in an accident where the bed and cab were damaged????? Nobody. I might have to hire a lawyer. I don't want this truck any more. I bought this truck less than two years ago. I bought it new because, I wanted a NEW truck. This was the first new vehicle I have ever purchased and now it's ruined....

Dr. Eagle
01-20-2004, 10:59 AM
Dude, that totally sucks.
I had that happen to a new car a long time ago, the first new car I ever bought. It was ruined, and the accidents were not my nor my wifes fault. The body shop never did get it right......
Sorry....:( :( :( :(

fourspeednup
01-20-2004, 11:06 AM
If you're in CA, you can choose which repair shop gives an estimate. Find the most expensive one and take it there. Sorry to hear about your predicament but lets see some pics:frown:

Liberator TJ1984
01-20-2004, 11:06 AM
And you have'nt learned yet ???? when that happens your supposed to fall out of the Truck on your head and cry Back and Neck injuries !!!!:p
If the insurance company thinks you are really hurt , they will be more than glad to buy you a new Truck ....instead of going to Court:D
Everyone in S.Texas knows that old routine:rolleyes:

HavasuDreamin'
01-20-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
Find the most expensive one and take it there.
Cypress autobody is known for their show cars. $$$$$ :wink:

Dave C
01-20-2004, 11:40 AM
i live near SF so "rearend" (verb) means something totally different.
When my truck was new I got the rear bumper totaled. Damn acura's ....
good luck.

MagicMtnDan
01-20-2004, 12:11 PM
You are VERY lucky:
1. you weren't hurt
2. the others involved have insurance
I know you're pissed about your truck (who could blame you) but you'd be even more pissed if they didn't have insurance.
When they don't have insurance the first thing they do after they hit you is come after your insurance so they can (a) go to the doctor and get all their medical needs paid for and (b) get a new vehicle from your insurance company (even if they were at fault they try).
The system is badly broken and you'll find out if and when you have an accident with uninsured drivers.
Good luck with your truck. I say ram it into a wall a few times til it's undriveable then call your insurance company and tell 'em it stopped running (do it before their appraiser looks it over).
Get a new truck!

Screaming Pete
01-20-2004, 12:54 PM
78, Tell me you wereon the 15 north at camino del norte or just past RB.. thats where I was hit by a Ralph employee and got the dodge bent , I hope you are ok but I would just get a lawyer now because I not happy with the way the truck got fixed even thou the company did all that it could . and 2 years later alinment issues showed up and ribs still hurt and pop. Good Luck:mad:

Fiat48
01-20-2004, 12:57 PM
78, here's some therapy. Play with this and you'll feel better in no time. http://mirrored.flabber.nl/boob.cursor/ciagnijcycka.swf

78Eliminator
01-20-2004, 12:58 PM
Pete, that is exactly where it happened. It just happened South bound.

Blown 472
01-20-2004, 04:23 PM
That ****ing sucks, glad to hear you are ok. Now the fun begins.:mad:

Ziggy
01-20-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by 78Eliminator
Yeah, they were both insured.
Barely spoke Englis and they had insurance--you are one lucky pup in that regard:eek!: . Hope it isn't some $50 special insurance Co. they have.
Even more glad you or the other peeps weren't hurt but beware of claims to come. The guy in front of you would sue you for damages and then have to recover from the guys insurance who hit you. It can be very messed up. I experienced this 1st hand with one of our work trucks, our driver gets NAILED from behind and then deflects off two other cars. Those two sue us because the damage was done by our vehicle, it took my insurance 2 years to recover those expenses. Oh they covered us alright but jacked up the rate even though they had it in recovery.
AS MMD said, the system is screwed up.
Good luck 78, hope it works out to your satisfaction
:)

JetBoatRich
01-20-2004, 06:07 PM
Good to hear you are OK, but your truck sounds like it should be taken out back and shot. :( Some body shops do incredible work, but most likely it will never be the same :mad:
Good luck with all that is front of you, you will be spending a lot of time getting it all settled. Better off having a lawyer to help you through you pain and suffering:rolleyes:

Mandelon
01-20-2004, 06:21 PM
Well, when I read this thread title I thought it was going to be about Boozer...:rolleyes: ;)
78, that just blows. I bet they would total it if the front end, the cab and bed are all damaged. Will you have enough in it to get made whole? Will you get stuck for the deductible or will the person who beaned you have to pay all your costs?
PS> Your neck is hurting....your neck is hurting....you neck is hurting. (Just to gain a little ins co leverage, not suggesting you make any sort of false claim. Merely pointing out that you could hold that over them in an effort to be treated fairly on your truck.)

HighRoller
01-20-2004, 06:21 PM
My fiance has been rear ended twice in her small pickup and the Ahole insurance agency refused to total her truck because they didn't think "frame damage" was a sufficient cause. Yeah, it's better for her to take the loss of value and drive a bent truck than for them to provide the service she pays for. The crappy thing is the second time the guy who hit her was uninsured and she got some minor muscle damage to her neck. That was 6 months ago and we're still chasing people for money!

MagicMtnDan
01-20-2004, 07:05 PM
http://www.superblackbird.co.uk/oops.jpg
http://magic-city-news.com/mcms/assets/images/cscloseup.jpg
http://home.ctctel.com/jhdalen/images/real_cop_photos/rearend.jpg
http://www.craptabulous.com/images/rants/big-butt.jpg
http://www.sixftlioness.com/prdelka.JPG

Interceptor454
01-20-2004, 09:06 PM
dude, not an atty or anything, but been in the insurance replacement rental car buz for a long time now....10+ years.
best thing, be honest...don't hire a 'shister' lawler, it only confuses and delays the process.
take it to a respectable body shop....not the 'most expensive'. hopefully a 'pro shop' for the liability carrier. where i'm at, it takes about 60%+ damage to total one.....don't know where you are, but check the local laws, if it's close-push it and don't forget about deminished value (since it's been in a pretty major accident, even if it's repaired, you have to disclose it on sale--what just happened to your price vvvvvvvv).
best advice I can give, again, not 'legal', don't be a prick to your adjustor. they get their jollies off pissing people off---just to **** with them. they are not the ones paying all the bills until it's all said and done.
oh yeah, once the insurance co. makes an offer to settle, they can 'last day' your rental.....which means they cut off the funds to provide you a rental vehicle. don't hate us because we call you to bring the rental back or rack your ccard because you won't bring it back because you're in a pissing match with the insurance carrier. seen it too many times, ****ed up too many credit reports, had too many people arrested, and prosecuted too many folks in court!
:argue: :argue: :argue: :argue: :argue: :pigfly: :argue: :argue: