PDA

View Full Version : Better boat search sites????

Tab
01-20-2004, 09:44 PM
Boat trader online doesn't offer accurate enough search criteria(actually it does but it mostly ignores specific request criteria and does what it wants to) to expedite finding a boat that I would consider(I can't eliminate from the search results the production boats I'm not interested in without searching one boat manufacturer at a time)....(at this p(o)int I guess I'll go for the run on sentence record), those being West coast boats we all generally recognize as such(Howard, DCB, Lavey Craft, Eliminator, Warlock, Hallett, Schiada, etc.) so, please, if you will, refer me to another search site whereas I might more expediciously find said boat......Thanks.

fourspeednup
01-20-2004, 09:51 PM
This site really isn't a bad place to look for a boat. Once you have a vague idea of what you want, post it and sure enough you'll get a bunch of reply's from people around here looking to unload something or know of one somewhere.:cool:

Dr. Eagle
01-20-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
This site really isn't a bad place to look for a boat. Once you have a vague idea of what you want, post it and sure enough you'll get a bunch of reply's from people around here looking to unload something or know of one somewhere.:cool:
Honestly, I don't think there is a better site. But the search engine has a serious propensity to hiccup from time to time. when it works well, it is the best. No other site has as many boats listed.

LASERRAY
01-20-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Tab
Boat trader online doesn't offer accurate enough search criteria(actually it does but it mostly ignores specific request criteria and does what it wants to) to expedite finding a boat that I would consider(I can't eliminate from the search results the production boats I'm not interested in without searching one boat manufacturer at a time)....(at this p(o)int I guess I'll go for the run on sentence record), those being West coast boats we all generally recognize as such(Howard, DCB, Lavey Craft, Eliminator, Warlock, Hallett, Schiada, etc.) so, please, if you will, refer me to another search site whereas I might more expediciously find said boat......Thanks.
Try These:
IBoats.com (http://www.iboats.com)
And/Or
Boats.com (http://www.boats.com)
I don't think youll find these as good as Boat Trader.com but give it a try.:cool:

Dr. Eagle
01-20-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Try These:
IBoats.com (http://www.iboats.com)
And/Or
Boats.com (http://www.boats.com)
I don't think youll find these as good as Boat Trader.com but give it a try.:cool:
Yeah, Ray... there are others, but most have a total of like 50 boats of which 30 are bayliners. I think I used BUYANDSELLBOATS.com too, but nothing is like Trader, unfortunately.

Tab
01-20-2004, 10:04 PM
I'm lookin' for something along the lines of a 26 V(my buddy has a 26 Lavey Craft with a 496HO w/ tabs) this seems to be the the length at which a 496ho will power you to about 65-70 (I'm fine with that......for now)without having to go to the cost of a 500, 525, etc and hydraulic steering. Since I'd like to spend less than $55k I'm probably looking at used. The boat has to be able to do Catalina reasonably comfortably(minimal swimming) and Havasu wake boarding as well. Any(boat) suggestions???

LASERRAY
01-20-2004, 10:16 PM
Try the Boat show this weekend. Talk to the Mfgs. They usally will have some used boat inventory available. I'll be there on Sat or Sun. Just drinkin beer and browsing.:cool:

Tab
01-20-2004, 10:26 PM
I'll be there Sunday. Need to find a some value. It sure seems that boat prices have skyrocket in just the last year or two.... I swear one of my friends got a approx 1997 24 Lavey(in good shape) a year or so ago for about $35k.....I can't seem to find a deal anywhere near that now.

Dr. Eagle
01-20-2004, 10:26 PM
did you try the search engine in trader? I just tried it and it seems io be working fine. You can search by manufacturer and size (best criteria to use) and you should find plenty to chose from.
Lavey, Eliminator, Commander, Ultra, Howard, DCB, Carrera, Shockwave, etc. If you search in there you will likely find a good selection.
Here is an example of what a quick search netted me (this is the first boat in the selection).
Eagle (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/2/6/61264326.htm)
I just re read your original post, but your best result will be to go by manufacturer. It doesn't take any time, and then you put what you find in "my marina" so you can go back to them at any time.

LASERRAY
01-20-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
did you try the search engine in trader? I just tried it and it seems io be working fine. You can search by manufacturer and size (best criteria to use) and you should find plenty to chose from.
Lavey, Eliminator, Commander, Ultra, Howard, DCB, Carrera, Shockwave, etc. If you search in there you will likely find a good selection.
Here is an example of what a quick search netted me (this is the first boat in the selection).
Eagle (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/2/6/61264326.htm) Hey doc, I just saw a Brand new Aftershock in the trader with a really sweet fade gel.:rolleyes: :D

Tab
01-20-2004, 10:32 PM
Eagle, Good find, and thank you. I'm looking for an open cuddy for the kids(7 & 9yrs). I wish I could give them(Boat Trader) a list of the boats I'm interested in and search all at once. Also, if you could search by listing date that would be very efficient(they say you can, but they re-list all the time so boats that have been listed for some time keep coming up as new listings ......they're killing me..

Dr. Eagle
01-20-2004, 10:34 PM
Hey doc, I just saw a Brand new Aftershock in the trader with a really sweet fade gel.:rolleyes: :D
LOL, you sure that wasn't a before shock???? That's the one with the popcycle fade, right???

LASERRAY
01-20-2004, 10:37 PM
LOL, you sure that wasn't a before shock???? That's the one with the popcycle fade, right??? Yea! Something like that.:rolleyes:

LASERRAY
01-20-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Tab
Eagle, Good find, and thank you. I'm looking for an open cuddy for the kids(7 & 9yrs). I wish I could give them(Boat Trader) a list of the boats I'm interested in and search all at once. Also, if you could search by listing date that would be very efficient(they say you can, but they re-list all the time so boats that have been listed for some time keep coming up as new listings ......they're killing me.. Hey, Tab you can also pick-up a Boat trader in print at your local Arab owned quicky-mart. Good luck in your quest.:cool:

Dr. Eagle
01-20-2004, 10:40 PM
Yea! Something like that.:rolleyes:
RRIIIIIGGGGGGGTTTTTTT....:rolleyes: :D

Kachina26
01-20-2004, 10:47 PM
LOL, you sure that wasn't a before shock???? That's the one with the popcycle fade, right??? I thought that's who that was.