PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used or heard of zoop seal?

kanedog
01-20-2004, 10:19 PM
I am thinking of polishing my motor and billet stuff this year with zoop seal.It claims you only have to wipe shiny metal off after its applied to shine it?
Its sounds like a lot less work after its applied.It also sounds too good to be true.
Any advice or experience is appreciated.

jbtrailerjim
01-20-2004, 10:27 PM
My dad is friends with the guy who owns Zoop's. I'll have to ask him if he's tried this stuff on any of his polished billet stuff on his streetrod.

Kindsvater Flat
01-20-2004, 10:30 PM
I use it. Great stuff but it ain't cheap.

Dr. Eagle
01-20-2004, 10:42 PM
Yeah, I think I saw that on My Classic Car on speed channel. Looked good, but the host even said something about the cost.

spectras only
01-20-2004, 10:54 PM
KD, there is also a liquid [like milk] polish called Metalon .Great on polished aluminum.Just wipe it on wipe it off.I've used it on my vintage bikes engine/chain cases .Here's the catch though;) .The place I've got it last time is a chrome plating shop in Langley at the bypass .Don't know if they're still there or not, but the guys at "Bent bike" next door would probably know their whereabouts. http://www.avmor.co.uk/METALON_INFO.pdf

fourspeednup
01-20-2004, 11:08 PM
I like weinol. Great polish, funny name.
Supposedly zoopseal creates a barrier so shit doesn't get into the metal like wax on a car. Not just a polish which makes things shiny.

kanedog
01-22-2004, 11:10 PM
After using zoops,do you really only have to wipe off the parts to shine them?

Craig
01-23-2004, 10:14 AM
I polish my tunnel tabs and after one day at the lake they start to look like crap. I'm thinking about dropping the 95 bucks (I think that's what it was), polish both, apply Zoop to one tab and see how they compare after each trip.

comin' unscrewed
01-23-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by kanedog
I am thinking of polishing my motor and billet stuff this year with zoop seal.It claims you only have to wipe shiny metal off after its applied to shine it?
Its sounds like a lot less work after its applied.It also sounds too good to be true.
Any advice or experience is appreciated.
As I understand it ZoopSeal isn't a polish. It's a sealant. You apply it to freshly polished aluminum and it won't oxidize for up to two years. But it won't put a shine on dull parts.

spectras only
01-23-2004, 10:03 PM
It sounds like the zoop seal is similar to the metalon stuff I used.Like was said above,you apply it on polished surface and it will stay shiny for a long time.The shine lasted for years on the bike parts,however with moisture/condensation on boats could be a different story.