PDA

View Full Version : Lake Havasu RV Sites

bear down
01-21-2004, 05:42 PM
My wife and I are pulling the trigger on a new Toy Hauler in a week and we are planning on taking and leaving the Toy hauler in Havasu during the summer (tired of paying all the condo fee's). I have 2 questions.
1. Which is the best place to take the RV and camp out at (BeachComber, Crazyhorse,Islander Resort,Windsor Beach) I want full hook ups if at all possible and at least a beach view or beach front (just want to know if they have of those spaces available). And which is the most secure/safest. We don't care if they have a launch ramp or not since we launch from the Marina.
2. Where is a good place to store by RV there during the summer, I will leave it out doors.

Sun burners
01-21-2004, 05:46 PM
Have you thought of trying MOABI?
I have heard some decent things about the place.

bear down
01-21-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Sun burners
Have you thought of trying MOABI?
I have heard some decent things about the place.
We do all of our boating in Havasu since we usually go with a group of people. We usually hang out at the channel or steamboat cove and like to wake board and ski.

Scream
01-21-2004, 06:05 PM
IMO, Moabi is one of the best places on the River and near Havasu. You can access Havasu from Moabi, it's about a 20 minitue ride, and you've got the Gorge and all of the rest of the river too.
When my family camps in the area, it's always at Moabi.
Matt

Rvr2Bch
01-21-2004, 06:12 PM
bear down- you should take a trip now and go through each park. If you wait, most spaces will be taken for the summer. At the Islander, your view will be your neighbors rig, but drag along a golf cart and join the party( at least until 10:00 pm). You may think the marina is ok, but nothing beats having a ramp on site.

gmocnik
01-21-2004, 08:44 PM
heres my two cents...
at havasu there are several options for "waterfront" rv parks...
near the city there is crazy horse, beachcomber, and the islander...
beachcomber...older, dirt launch ramp, reasonable security, i have friends who really like it there..
crazyhorse...some nice beachfront or view spots, no security...leave your stuff and it will be gone.
islander...(i have a place here so i am prejudiced)...great security, lots of rules, great launch ramp (long wait is 2 minutes), docks...summer spots have a wait list, a little expensive ($350/month plus electric) as said above, 10 p.m. is quite time (i am an old fart so this is o.k. by me)
other places....
havasu springs...great views, wait list for summer spots...a long ways to good stores, etc...
check them out now...summer spots go quickly...

j-rod
01-21-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Scream
IMO, Moabi is one of the best places on the River and near Havasu. You can access Havasu from Moabi, it's about a 20 minitue ride, and you've got the Gorge and all of the rest of the river too.
When my family camps in the area, it's always at Moabi.
Matt
Ocean front property in AZ.

77charger
01-21-2004, 08:57 PM
If i get some time in the summer islander would be a good choice but hear you need to resrve early i think by now summer months are gone. I have been to moabi and it is a nice ride to havasu another place i would think of storing my toybox too.Havasu landing has summer spots also good location,launch ramp, but dont know much else security,etc. since i have only camped there but for last summer they told me it was 250.00 a month for a space plus electric.
I would be ok leavin the trailer dont know about the boat.From what i hear about the islander security is real good and i would be fine with the old timer 10pm quiet time:D

77charger
01-21-2004, 08:59 PM
BTW what toybox did you get if i remember you were lookin at the tailgator?.
I dont really care for all the WW hype i hear.I have a baja and it is fine for us but if i were to ask for advice i,d probably hear different :confused:

Scream
01-21-2004, 09:08 PM
I don't think I'll ever stay at Havasu Landing again. A few summers ago, with a group of friends, we stayed there during June and it just happened to be in the middle of the largest mosquito hatch in Norh American History. I had a Lance 11' camper w/ AC and screens, my buddy had a camper from the 50's and no protection. I've never in my life had so many mosquito bites and in the damndest places.
It's too traumatic to think of ever going there again. Perhaps after therapy...

pebo
01-21-2004, 09:22 PM
If you are doing havasu you can't beat the Islander. Great security and private launch. Been there for 9 years. 2003 was our last year there. Price getting a little out of hand at over $400 +.
Still have a lot of friends there. We are making a change to the freeboard challanged area. My site may still be open #218
Good luck
SteveE:D

bear down
01-21-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by 77charger
BTW what toybox did you get if i remember you were lookin at the tailgator?.
I dont really care for all the WW hype i hear.I have a baja and it is fine for us but if i were to ask for advice i,d probably hear different :confused:
We've narrowed it down to an Attitude and Wanderer and will make the decision based on who is the better sales guy and company. When you guys say to reserve now do you guys mean to reserve your space for each weekend you go or do you mean reserve a space for the whole summer. Thanks

Rdude2
01-21-2004, 11:17 PM
If you want to camp, then Maobi is the place to be. If you want to walk a mile or so back and forth in the heat, then the Marina is the place to launch. If you want to relax and enjoy with peace of mind then the Islander is the place to be. We have been staying at the Islander for 10+ years. Started out only on weekends. We would store the trailer in there outside storage. Then we rented the site for 6 months in the summer and now we have the site year round. We love it. The boat, golf cart and patio furniture are under the canopy. Very safe and secure. All we have to do is show up, turn on the air and pop a cold one. The launch ramp on a holiday weekend is incredible, maybe 3 or 4 boats in front of you. They have boat slips available for 3 day or monthly rental, Great private lagoon for the kids to play. They also have water front sites. There may be a long waiting list, but give it a try. Check out their Web site at www.islanderrvresort.com.
JJ & M
P.S. Pebo we will miss you.......:(