PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Martian strikes again..

HighRoller
01-22-2004, 12:09 PM
Looks like Marv zapped our rover again. Either that or NASA is just a bunch of incompetent idiots wasting our money. Let's see:
2 rovers down the drain.250 million
2 Space Shuttles blown up due to incompetence and bad judgement. 1.4 billion
One malfunctioning telescope.100 million bucks.
Knowing you still have a job even after ****ing up this bad:Priceless!

Havasu_Dreamin
01-22-2004, 12:13 PM
Two rovers? Last I checked they are only having problems with the one currently on the Martian surface. And they are working to resolve those problems.

mirvin
01-22-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Looks like Marv zapped our rover again. Either that or NASA is just a bunch of incompetent idiots wasting our money. Let's see:
2 rovers down the drain.250 million
2 Space Shuttles blown up due to incompetence and bad judgement. 1.4 billion
One malfunctioning telescope.100 million bucks.
Knowing you still have a job even after ****ing up this bad:Priceless!
Yeah but at least people are starving and we don't have national healthcare for citizens;)

HighRoller
01-22-2004, 12:34 PM
How can people be starving and without healthcare? We produce twice as much food as we need in this country and there's a hospital and an insurance office in every town?

mirvin
01-22-2004, 01:59 PM
HighRoller, what I meant was that we're spending incomprendable amounts of money on "SPace Exploration" and there's people starving and we don't have National healthcare. All that money could be spent better is all, which seemed like what you were saying, no?
mirv;)

mikev
01-22-2004, 02:01 PM
its not the government's job to feed everyone and have you ever been to a country that has socilized medicine? it sucks big time thats why the people with the money come over here for the important operations.

mirvin
01-22-2004, 02:25 PM
Ok, easy fellas. I'm not Catmando. I simply used a couple of social issues as props to make a point about government spending.
That's all. I saw HighROllers numbers on how much money was seemingly wasted and I thought, huh, what could we do with that money to improve America and lots of stuff came to mind.
Mirv;)

mikev
01-22-2004, 02:50 PM
thats cool Mirv I just feel that it is the government's job to protect us from threats from other countries and exploration that is not profiltable for industry so they wont spend the money on it. look at all the great things we use everyday that were developed by our space program. teflon, velco, microwaves, gps to name a few. what would have happend if Spain had told Christopher Columbus your trip cost to much we need to take care of our problems here.

mirvin
01-22-2004, 03:00 PM
mikev, I hear ya. I feel the same way.
I wonder what Highrollers point was then? Is it too much money? Is the blank check the right way to go? Or is it just about accountability?
Mirvin

MsDrmr
01-22-2004, 03:05 PM
Heres my take on the situation:
I think the Gov spends tooooooo much on the old presidents, too much on space exploration, too much on travel and too much on old white house members.
Heres what I know....the gov spends all this money that ends up being wasted, while small companines owned by people for many years are closing down now because the gov is taxing the shi** outta these poor folks. The people trying hard to earn a dang dollar in the state of CA are getting reamed for the mistakes the Gov made. S0 meanwhile, the comapnies are laying off employees, and co are not offering med ins as much as before because of costs,as well as workers comp ins, so what the H*ll are all those individuals supposed to do. Yes there is a medical building on every corner, and yes there are some jobs to be had, But if any of us were to become un-employed god help us to find a job with benes, ins, retirement plans, pay scale etc. that we need just for the basics of life (forget the boats, toys,trucks beers ets)...they just are not out there anymore. (I know I just finished looking a couple mos ago).

mikev
01-22-2004, 03:41 PM
I here you on the job thing im making 35% less than I did two years ago.

mirvin
01-22-2004, 04:01 PM
Hey mikev, if the gov did supply healthcare to every citizen do you think it would make it to our paycheck? What I mean is that for every dollar a company pays you it's also paying a fringe and a large part of that fringe is healthcare. If company's didn't have to supply it would our wages go up?
I'm not saying they will, just wondering what others think?
Mirv;)

HighRoller
01-22-2004, 05:44 PM
Mirvin, you responded with a sarcastic remark based in reality and so did I. I agree that we could spend that money better but you hit it on the head when you spoke of accountability. To my knowledge NONE of the high level managers on any of those programs were fired and NASA has NEVER had their budget cut. The politicians obviously do not know the definition of "irony". They say that people are "struggling" to make it, but don't seem to realize that their own wasteful spending and economics make it necessary to tax people up to 40% of their gross pay! Cut taxes to 15% for everyone and stand out of the way as the economy skyrockets! Then take money from all the social programs we don't need anymore and fund more police jobs and a military pay raise!

mirvin
01-22-2004, 06:00 PM
That's funny Highroller. Now that I read it again you were being sarcastic!:D Jeez, how did I not smell that one:rolleyes:
Mirvin ;)