01-23-2004, 05:07 PM
The Fade I wasn't happy with.
http://www.ninevoltheart.com/images/boatpic2resized.JPG

MagicMtnDan
01-23-2004, 05:10 PM
I don't see any fade :eek:

gigamurph
01-24-2004, 12:39 AM
I see it (I think)! Are you talkin' about the fade of yellow to blue on the gunnel? Because if that is what you are talkin' about; it is a bit "abrupt" for a fade, but it's not somethin' that is so bad that ya'd notice after awhile. But then again, I didn't pay big money for it and not have it meet my expectations. Have you approached the manny to see if they would correct it?

CARRERA
01-24-2004, 01:31 AM
No I never did try to have it fix.

MagicMtnDan
01-24-2004, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by CARRERA
No I never did try to have it fix.
Why not? You're clearly not happy with it. Why didn't you approach them and express your feelings the moment you first saw it? I know some are reluctant to deal with things that could be difficult but you're the cash-paying (and/or loan paying) customer and your satisfaction is what matters most.

Wetter the Better
01-24-2004, 06:53 AM
i agree it does suck, is it paint or gel?

BILLY.B
01-24-2004, 07:06 AM
The Fade I wasn't happy with.
http://www.ninevoltheart.com/images/boatpic2resized.JPG The reason the fade is so abrupt is because it would take a pretty large span to go from blue to yellow without it going to a lime green. You could of gone from a orange color to yellow much easier with alot better results. It always amazes me when boat companys try to do this. I guess there just trying to make the customer happy. But they should really give them better guidance. It almost looks the boat was repaired and they decided to do it blue. It could be fixed in gel or paint from the outside. Just a thought.

CARRERA
01-24-2004, 10:12 AM
I think I will take it in, and see what kind of service I get.

mbrown2
01-24-2004, 10:57 AM
Carerra, you make a good point....the company needs to point out to the customer not to do it...DCB pointed it out for Ceo when he wanted to do a dark color to yellow or orange fade....it just won't work...at least it won't work in a small space...
It actually does not stand out on your boat until you pointed it out...

TRG
01-24-2004, 11:09 AM
is the blue target (coming from the rear, forward) connecting to the "fade"?
looks like there is a pinline connecting.
todd

h2oski2fast
01-24-2004, 03:52 PM
Have them fix it. No one else may notice it, but you know it's there. Every boat I have designed for customers seemed to get screwed up along the way by the gel man. The manufacturers can fix it. You'll see a raised portion in the gel, but it is not noticable. You'd be suprised to find out how many gelcoats get repaired before the boats are even rigged. Here's a suggestion on how to correct the fade without losing the effect you were looking for.
http://www.hillbankusa.com/signfx/riverpics/touchup.jpg

Kachina26
01-24-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by h2oski2fast
Have them fix it. No one else may notice it, but you know it's there. Every boat I have designed for customers seemed to get screwed up along the way by the gel man. The manufacturers can fix it. You'll see a raised portion in the gel, but it is not noticable. You'd be suprised to find out how many gelcoats get repaired before the boats are even rigged. Here's a suggestion on how to correct the fade without losing the effect you were looking for.
http://www.hillbankusa.com/signfx/riverpics/touchup.jpg You sir, are BRILLIANT! WOW! I would have never thought of such a simple yet brilliant fix. Of course I'm just a nuts and bolts kinda guy, couldn't draw a square to save my life:D

1Shockwaveguy
01-24-2004, 04:23 PM
Get it fixed, I noticed it right away. Too much money to be unhappy with the finished product.

phebus
01-24-2004, 04:34 PM
h2oski2fast's design is not just a "fix", but a bitchen design as well. That looks great. Hell, if the manufacturer was unwilling to fix it, if I were you I would spring for it. You'll sleep better.
:D

CARRERA
01-25-2004, 12:04 AM
H2oski2fast, Thanks a lot, that looks GREAT, I will take that into consideration.

Danhercules
01-25-2004, 12:08 AM
Looks like a bad photo shop job. The one that is photo shoped, lookes real and better!!!! Change it!!!!

Kachina26
01-25-2004, 09:39 AM
H2oski2fast, Thanks a lot, that looks GREAT, I will take that into consideration. Consideration??!! You're lucky he if he doesn't send you a bill! :D Just kidding:D

CARRERA
01-25-2004, 10:39 AM
Kachina26, you are right, on the other hand I should consider sending him a check for a small amount.

h2oski2fast
01-26-2004, 10:10 AM
No payment needed. Just glad to help give some suggestion to the fix. That way I don't have to stare at the fade every time I pass you at the lake. :D

CARRERA
01-26-2004, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RiverDave
[B]Did you take delivery of the boat? How long have you had it etc..???
The guys down at carrera are nice, but lets be realistic here... If you signed off that the boat was "ok" there not going to go changing gel coats etc.. otherwise they'd have there customers in there every week saying "I'd like to change this etc.." Seems like your putting the company in kind of an unfair spot now.. where if you would've done it before taking delivery it wouldn't have been a big deal..
Incidentally, I like what H20Ski Fast did with that picture.. Came out pretty nice!
Yes, I did take delivery and that was back in September, 2001. Also you right the guys back at the shop are great but, at the same time I can't see any reason why they should work with me.
This will not be my last boat, someday and maybe soon I will be back in the market looking for a new one.