PDA

View Full Version : Bitter Boat Builders @ L.A. boat show

CEO
01-24-2004, 11:29 PM
It was comical. More than one of the builders there were upset on how "DCBs " Display area was set up! Why, because DCBs area was the shit, it looked awesome. And instead of thinking of something different for their own, they all looked the same. Charlies Co. did the work there and it was over the top great. Scott and I were crusing all over the convention center and there were a group of people here and there, but the hang was by the DCB area and the bar was right there. Great Combo. I think all the hot boaters were there also. Many of new people I met were great. :)

Kahuna
01-24-2004, 11:46 PM
DCB was the best display by far. :D

Kilrtoy
01-25-2004, 12:55 AM
Who was complaining....

schiada96
01-25-2004, 07:07 AM
I don't think that the DCB had the best rigged boat at the show , did you see the burgndy 21 ft river cruser at Schiada. It was a far and above better done boat than anything else at the show. And I'm not being partial because I own one.

JetBoatRich
01-25-2004, 07:25 AM
Lets see some pictures :rolleyes:

schiada96
01-25-2004, 07:31 AM
I took 80 of them I'm working on it.

FRANK THE TANK
01-25-2004, 07:41 AM
The bar by the DCB booth was the spot. And it didn't hurt that they were conveniently located by the bathrooms. What more could we ask for? And they had music and cool lights. They won hands down for booth set up..... My .02.....

THOR
01-25-2004, 08:07 AM
How much are the new Schiada's going for? Round numbers?
thanks
THOR (Always loved the Schiadas)
Originally posted by schiada96
I don't think that the DCB had the best rigged boat at the show , did you see the burgndy 21 ft river cruser at Schiada. It was a far and above better done boat than anything else at the show. And I'm not being partial because I own one.

LASERRAY
01-25-2004, 08:19 AM
I don't think that the DCB had the best rigged boat at the show , did you see the burgndy 21 ft river cruser at Schiada. It was a far and above better done boat than anything else at the show. And I'm not being partial because I own one. That boat was awesome(Schiada). It was definitely In my top five if not my favorite boat at the show.:cool:

riverliver
01-25-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Who was complaining....
That boat (Schiada)was a show piece.... And Charlie did a great job for DCB.

SoCalOffshore
01-25-2004, 09:11 AM
I was partial to the 32' Schiada. :D Although, I would love one of those 21's.

full throttle
01-25-2004, 09:25 AM
If someone has pics of the Schiada display, please post them. Thx(a Schiada owner)

schiada96
01-25-2004, 09:26 AM
my wife is working on it

schiada96
01-25-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by SoCalOffshore
I was partial to the 32' Schiada. :D Although, I would love one of those 21's.
Yeah some guy who lives in westlake has a 32 thats in the show.

MagicMtnDan
01-25-2004, 10:07 AM
Yeah some guy who lives in westlake has a 32 thats in the show.
Yup, that sure is a nice boat! Didn't like the look of the blue painters tape over the numbers tho :D What kind of power's in that boat? What's something like that cost? Thanks
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/100Schiadarun-thumb.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/100Schiadarun-thumb.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/100Schiadarun-thumb.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/100Schiadarun-thumb.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/100Schiadarun-thumb.jpg

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-25-2004, 10:07 AM
I think Charlie and his crew did an awesome job with the DCB set up.. .. DCB was the best display and I love the boats.. they are all awesome. as too all the crew at DCB.. they are the greatest sales people I have ever seen. The one on one is the best. great job charlie.. DCB we love you and thanks for the new boat.. can't wait. for summer.. ;) ;)
all the boats there were awesome.. but I am partial and we will stick with our new DCB.. ;) ;)

Charley
01-25-2004, 10:19 AM
YA BABY... lets hear about that new boat!!! congrads to jamie and Charmaine on a wicked choice hehehe , I'll let them fill you guys in ;):D

Hallett19
01-25-2004, 10:23 AM
and here I am thinking you went and bought another boat Charlie !! :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-25-2004, 10:24 AM
well we are officially a new 29' cat owner.. Jamie and RD are still sleepin.. we got in at 5:00 a.m and I'm still awake.. I guess it is all the excitement on the new purchase.. Charley.. thanks to you and your wife for all the props on the boat and the info to ease my mind on the ride and all. also props to you and the crew.. Great job at DCB.. ;) :D

Tom Brown
01-25-2004, 10:25 AM
my wife is working on it
If you could peel your eight year old son away from the PS2 for a few minutes, we could see your pics a lot sooner. :D

Charley
01-25-2004, 10:28 AM
LMAO!!! At least Im not the only one with a kid "addicted and afflicted" to gaming
Jamie and Charmaine Congrads again ;)
Hallet ..... don't think it couldn't happen ;) hehehe ;)

schiada96
01-25-2004, 11:34 AM
Ok here is the link to the pics
http://www.msnusers.com/2004laboatshow

Kilrtoy
01-25-2004, 11:37 AM
So who is mad.........
When the wife saw the DCB set up, she said, Damn that looks like fear factor, that is sweet.
We only made it to 4 booths, we were in a big hurry,
We are heading back next weekend.....

MagicMtnDan
01-25-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
well we are officially a new 29' cat owner.. Jamie and RD are still sleepin.. we got in at 5:00 a.m and I'm still awake.. I guess it is all the excitement on the new purchase.. Charley.. thanks to you and your wife for all the props on the boat and the info to ease my mind on the ride and all. also props to you and the crew.. Great job at DCB.. ;) :D
Congratulations on the DCB BIG CAT! It's gonna be an awesome ride! Would like to hear more about it - gelcoat scheme and power, etc.
What I'm wondering about is what's happening with your V?
Oh, what're you going to change your user name to :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-25-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
Congratulations on the DCB BIG CAT! It's gonna be an awesome ride! Would like to hear more about it - gelcoat scheme and power, etc.
What I'm wondering about is what's happening with your V?
Oh, what're you going to change your user name to :D hey MMD thanks .. we really like it.. we are not sure the colors scheme yet.. kind of thinking orange,yellow,red, on white.. (like mbrown) something in that scheme. ?:confused: I think we are getting the duel 575's thats all I know so far.. I drank way too much to remember detail. I will ask the hubby and then post all of it.. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-25-2004, 03:45 PM
oh and my user name will stay the same since I have a permanent V anyway .LOL!! :D and I think the mr is going to change his to something else.. :confused: :D

bigq
01-25-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by CEOinSoCal
It was comical. More than one of the builders there were upset on how "DCBs " Display area was set up! Why, because DCBs area was the shit, it looked awesome. And instead of thinking of something different for their own, they all looked the same. Charlies Co. did the work there and it was over the top great. Scott and I were crusing all over the convention center and there were a group of people here and there, but the hang was by the DCB area and the bar was right there. Great Combo. I think all the hot boaters were there also. Many of new people I met were great. :)
Maybe it was the bar and not DCB. :)
It was a nice set-up, but why would they complain it looked the same as last year didn't it.
I missed the DCB flyin logo on the floor though was it there, my daughter chased it all over the place.:D

MagicMtnDan
01-25-2004, 03:53 PM
hey MMD thanks .. we really like it.. we are not sure the colors scheme yet.. kind of thinking orange,yellow,red, on white.. (like mbrown) something in that scheme. ?:confused: I think we are getting the duel 575's thats all I know so far.. I drank way too much to remember detail. I will ask the hubby and then post all of it.. :D
What about the V you have now? You trading it in or selling it? Inquiring minds wanta know...
That Big Cat sound like it's closing in on $200K, is that close?

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-25-2004, 03:59 PM
I don't know about the price. after the mr told me he traded the v in I had another screw driver, then another, and another.. I loved the v but I love the cat too. so now maybe I can be veeless cat.. :D

WetWillie
01-25-2004, 05:42 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/318IMG_0187-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/318IMG_0188-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/318IMG_0189-med.JPG

mbrown2
01-25-2004, 06:41 PM
Mrs. V, congrats on to you and Jamie on the new boat...heard about today...sounds like it is going to be tight and reliable setup...can't wait to see it get built... Good luck...they make an awesome boat...
Also, my boat for the best all around was the Schiada River Cruiser V Drive...Come on Mahogany and Birds Eye Maple....that was sick....most are saying no wood and Schiada is making Art with it...:D

HighRoller
01-25-2004, 06:57 PM
Are the pics in WetWillie's post the boat you're talking about? It looks pretty sweet, although I can't tell which motor it is from the darkness. Looks like a 525 or 575 Merc.

OutCole'd
01-25-2004, 07:01 PM
It is a 525. Nice boat for sure.

MagicMtnDan
01-25-2004, 07:12 PM
I don't know about the price. after the mr told me he traded the v in I had another screw driver, then another, and another.. I loved the v but I love the cat too. so now maybe I can be veeless cat.. :D
Isn't trading a boat in about as bad as trading in a car or truck? Or does DCB offer you more for yours since you're upgrading? I woulda thought that you'd have very little trouble selling your DCB Vee privately, getting a reasonable amount of cash while you're waiting on that Big Cat.
But hey, what do I know, I still don't have a boat (but I got a lot of inspiration at the show)...saw some 28s, 29s and 32s I liked :)

mbrown2
01-25-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Are the pics in WetWillie's post the boat you're talking about? It looks pretty sweet, although I can't tell which motor it is from the darkness. Looks like a 525 or 575 Merc.
No that is not the boat...the one I am talking about was burgandy and white about 20 ft away the blue boat...

rivercrazy
01-25-2004, 10:13 PM
That DCB display was totally off the hook. Very nice indeed. But you know its being partially financed with higher retail prices on their boats. :D

Hallett
01-25-2004, 10:41 PM
thanks schiada 96 for the pictures the schiada are sick looking.
good job.

TheLurker
01-26-2004, 07:54 AM
Congrats. on the new addition to the family. For my taste at the show the DCB were the best followed by the Howards.
Congrats again Mr. & Mrs. FlyingCat errr I mean V

OGShocker
01-26-2004, 08:18 AM
Congrat's VeeLess!!!
DCB might make you forget you ever had a Vee (boat)!
I understand Dave and his crews are a great group to work with. See you on the water!
OGS

spectratoad
01-26-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by CEOinSoCal
but the hang was by the DCB area and the bar was right there. Great Combo. I think all the hot boaters were there also. :)
Imagine that!:D

jackpunx
01-26-2004, 09:34 AM
That was one of the first booths I went by.. I couldn’t hang there to long with out thoughts of selling my boat, house, car, bike etc.. To get one.. They are nice.. I also really liked the Eliminator with twin quad rotors..
These damn events always mess with my head.. (Sand show, boat show, car show)

UnionJack
01-26-2004, 09:41 AM
Well it is great to pick up a new boat at the show.... Mike I agree with the red schiada

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-26-2004, 10:27 AM
thanks to everyone on the props of the new boat we got.. I can't wait now the fun part of having it built is comin.. woo hoo. I hope we get it before the big OP6 .. if not can we ride with someone.. LOL!! :D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-26-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
For some reason I think it'll be done by then.. LOL :D
RD
LOL!! I'll ride with you .. aslong as I can drive.. and you can observe over the shoulder.. LMAO!! :D

Mandelon
01-26-2004, 11:15 AM
I have a pretty good idea just what he would spend his time observing over your shoulders!! :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-26-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Mandelon
I have a pretty good idea just what he would spend his time observing over your shoulders!! :D LMAO!! I think he may have got a glimps this last weekend.. but he probably saw 4 instead of two.. RD was seein dbl... LOL!! :D :D

full throttle
01-26-2004, 01:35 PM
Schiada96, Thank you to you & your wife for the pics.

Havaparty
01-26-2004, 01:46 PM
There display was nice but the customers will end up paying for it.

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-26-2004, 02:11 PM
it was done buy a DCB owner we are not paying for nothing.. and we get what we pay for which is good service a very nice boat and great customer service. in fact we are not just customers we are family and that is how we look at it.. ;) :D not trying to bash just stating facts as a previous and now current DCB owner. :D

Havasu Cig
01-26-2004, 02:43 PM
The original DCB "family"is not around anymore, with the exception of a few.:confused:

steve0123
01-26-2004, 03:12 PM
wow,
Mrs FV,
I surprised you guys traded the 28 for the 29....I've been talking to the wife about it...got the 'don't even think about it' look. That is totally cool though, congrats.
Stu
who still has a DCBV

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-26-2004, 03:14 PM
Thank You steve.. I didn't know about it at first.. I was talking to some peeps and drinkin with peeps. and come back and poof we had a deal. which is fine with me.. I loved the v. but I'm glad we know DCB . and we stuck with them. :D

Jordy
01-26-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Havaparty
There display was nice but the customers will end up paying for it.
That's an interesting theory. I'd view it more as a cost of doing business and a tax write off as a business expense. No matter what it is and who's doing it, from a business standpoint the customer is always paying for it. If they're not, you're not going to be around very long. ;) :D

Steamin' Rice
01-26-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
That's an interesting theory. I'd view it more as a cost of doing business and a tax write off as a business expense. No matter what it is and who's doing it, from a business standpoint the customer is always paying for it. If they're not, you're not going to be around very long. ;) :D
I agree with JP on this one.... DCB seems to have a reputation of having high prices, but from what I can tell they are not out of line from the rest of the industry. I have heard of some killer deals being made on some DCB's. Sometimes there is a big difference between retail price and actual selling price, especially if you are a qualified buyer with cash in hand ready to make a deal...

XTRM22
01-26-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Cig
The original DCB "family"is not around anymore, with the exception of a few.:confused:
Some things have definitely changed, but alot have stayed the same. ;) I'm still a member of that family, granted like a bastard step brother but a member of the family just the same!:D
Chuck

CEO
01-26-2004, 05:30 PM
I agreee with the "Dave is known for higher prices," That is why DCB was the last boat I looked at. First thing when you say "DCB" BIG COIN! Yes it is, but compare prices and the workmanship. If I bought a "Lower Coin" boat I could have the extra HP, or this or that. It's not that I can't afford it, We had a set price on the price we were going to spend for our first boat. I had to get permission from the wife, well I had to talk her into it, Same difference. We may hate boating, who knows. We all know that's not going to happen. But if we did I know I can get rid of it and not take a complete bath. I have come to learn, buy the best and you will never second guess yourself, my .02:)

Havasu Cig
01-26-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by XTRM22
Some things have definitely changed, but alot have stayed the same. ;) I'm still a member of that family, granted like a bastard step brother but a member of the family just the same!:D
Chuck
It's funny Chuck, I have a photo from the "unofficial DCB Regatta" three years ago. There are about 10-12 DCB's (mostly 26's) rafted up at Havasu. I don't think anybody in the photo has their boat anymore.

HBjet
01-26-2004, 06:18 PM
Like I posted in another thread, the "Best of Show" isn't even a boat. It's a booth. Congrats Charlie for making the sickest booth there. Standing between the bar and the DCB booth with all of the hot women around us, it was like being at a night club, with boats...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20bs006.jpg
HBjet

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-26-2004, 06:21 PM
I see the mr and I with bre in that pic.. :D :D It was an awesome booth.;)

Havasu Cig
01-26-2004, 06:24 PM
Nice work Charlie, the display looks awesome.

UnionJack
01-26-2004, 07:32 PM
Anytime I can see my boat I am happy, I hope to join the 29' thing soon, in a couple years.... once I am old enough

MagicMtnDan
01-27-2004, 05:39 AM
Well, when you charge that much for your boats and the quality is that high (as is your reputation) you don't just want to put the boats out on carpet like all the rest of the boat makers.
When you make the Rolls Royce of custom cats you want to put 'em on display in a proper manner. Note: the Lexus dealership doesn't look like the Ford dealership.

Charley
01-27-2004, 07:24 AM
First of all Thanks to Randy for the nice words and for snappin that shot, it's a keeper ;) / just like windy
2nd thank you to Chris/Jody for the kind words.
3rd, Thanks to Dave @ DCB for stepping up to the plate... This is what I do for a living and for 3 years running I have wanted to bring some of the car show mentality to the boat show, and this year Dave made it possible ;) ... granted Dave got a spectacular deal :D ;) and I wouldn't think it's making anybody's DCB more expensive... My hope to justify the booth was always to help Dave sell 2 extra boats at the show. Unfortunately we will never know for sure but I know he sold 5 that first Saturday ;)
Once again Thank you guys for the kind words, it is always nice to hear postive feedback about the work you do.
:D

TOBTEK
01-27-2004, 08:54 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20bs006.jpg
First of all, as already stated SIR CHARLES.....GREAT JOB, THE DISPLAY LOOKS VERY PRO! 2nd, I have to strongly disagree with some of the comments about DCB being "more expensive" I have done ALOT of homework on a new 26ftr. When you compair apples to apples ( same HP and options ) DCB's ARE NOT that much more! And the RESALE value will more the make up any difference up front!

Three Days Only
01-27-2004, 09:06 AM
So your going to need a new a screen name. What are you going to call yourself Mrs. Flyin ?????. Congrats. Your going to love the Kitty.
3DO

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-27-2004, 09:51 AM
thanks for the props on buying the new kitty. I don't think I will change my user name.. I will lose all my post ***** counts. but maybe i will change the thread jacker to something.. not sure yet.. :D :D

Lakeshow
01-27-2004, 10:11 AM
Ditto on the props to Charley for the display - haven't been to the show but the photo says alot.
My .02 on price and DCB. When I bought my 28', it is an old one 02' :D , I was looking at an at the 28' Eliminator and went their first and got their "good guy deal" - one look at the price and I decided to, for the hell of it, give Dave a call. After some not so serious negotiating I was out the door with the Extreme for $4,000 more than the Eliminator.
Of course Dave included the trailer and seats and I wasn't sure that Eliminator did :D .

Starloans
01-27-2004, 11:00 AM
Hey Lakeshow, you got that new engine dialed in yet?

welk2party
01-27-2004, 12:37 PM
How can you tell one good deal from another. Pretty subjective. A good deal compared to other custom boats? The fact that each boat is custom tells me it is a good deal if you believe it is.

HighRoller
01-27-2004, 12:45 PM
Looks like the title of this thread has come true after all. Accusing a boat manufacturer of jacking up prices to cover the cost of the show is ridiculous. Do you think Eliminator or DCB sweats paying 50K to expose their product to thousands of people in person? I'd guess they pay 3 or 4 times that much every year to put an 8X11 picutre in all the mags. Sounds to me the boat show is a bargain. As far as DCB, WAKE UP! Have you looked at what you get with that boat? Take a look at the rigging and the made from scratch billet parts on those rigs. Even Eliminator's best effort can't touch an average DCB engine bay in my opinion.

roln 20s
01-27-2004, 01:09 PM
Have you looked at what you get with that boat? Take a look at the rigging and the made from scratch billet parts on those rigs. Even Eliminator's best effort can't touch an average DCB engine bay in my opinion.
Very true- the parts that Dave uses with "DCB" all over them is definately custom, and very nice, but outsourced--I think all of dana's stuff is made from scratch also- just mass produced. Many manufacturers have their name and Logos put in their billet pieces. DCB's rigging is very nice- very clean, however the one thing that I have noticed, maybe its just me, every new DCB has all of the rigging in the exact same place: lines, pumps, etc with exception of people's GENERATORS for stereos (Mbrown :D)... I'm sure I will get crap for this, but it seems as though they have a great process, and the rigging is all of the same for every boat--will he put my trim pump under my seat if I wanted it? I think the all yellow 28 Howard Bullet at last years Show was one of the nicest rigged boats ever--nothing on the entire back wall of the engine well- just crazy. Plus, DCB has nothing on those Schiadas-- just an amazing work of art. This is just MY OPINION. Also, Dave has the man hours to put into the rigging, who knows who is going to rig your Eliminator. Its not apples to apples.
It was mentioned earlier that DCB's really hold their value. I would say thats pretty accurate based on the prices of the relatively new ones, but there is a 26 cat with twin 280's for sale for 60K- thats pretty cheap compared to the new price. I think DCB, Howard and Schiada are at the top with resale- I know Howard can't keep a used boat in stock, and we all know that Schiada still has some used 21's for 70+ out there- and people pay it without thinking.
Sorry, didn't mean to bring two other great manufacturers into the DCB thread- I'll probably get crap for that too :D
Roln 20s

HighRoller
01-27-2004, 01:17 PM
Well, in my opinion Schiada was the DCB of the 70's and 80's. I'll never forget when a guy opened his engine hatch on his 21 Schiada for my Dad and I in Havasu and we both must have drooled about a gallon. It was a twin turbo motor and it couldn't have looked cleaner. Plus, the thing Schiada is most famous for, EVERY screw was turned to exactly the same position. DCB has definitely started themselves down the road that Hallett, Howard and Schiada have paved. They are building a loyal ownership and a true Mystique around their product. BTW, in reference to your post about the twin O.B. boat, I saw a 2003 F-26 with a 572 and a Teague Platunum drive for 75K. I can't figure out what must be wrong with it but it looks fine.

welk2party
01-27-2004, 01:28 PM
The used DCB's for sale at a very low price just may be someone looking to fire sale it. The ole' I need cash yesterday deal.
Eliminator does have lots of riggers. You never know which one your gonna get. My observation from many trips out to watch mine being done is the really high end customs get the same riggers. Boats with little custom work like stock motors or something tend to get the same riggers. Two rigging groups. Just my opinion.
The fact that DCB has a standard riggin layout that everyone agrees looks ultra clean is great. The more you standardize a process the more cost efficient it is. Also helps for QC when inspecting boats for delivery as well as with reapir/ maintenace. Does that mean they won't lay out another way based on your request? I really doubt it. Most of us do not rig boats and would have no clue what the best way is and why. Again, just my opinion.:cool:

CEO
01-27-2004, 02:36 PM
Is anyone else going to be at the show on Friday?

OGShocker
01-27-2004, 02:38 PM
I will be. Stop by the Dana Booth in Kentia Hall. I could use a beer:D

BADBLOWN572
01-27-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by welk2party
Eliminator does have lots of riggers. You never know which one your gonna get. My observation from many trips out to watch mine being done is the really high end customs get the same riggers. Boats with little custom work like stock motors or something tend to get the same riggers. Two rigging groups. Just my opinion.
I know some of the riggers at Eliminator and I have to say that there are a couple that are amazing! I would put any one of them against any rigger in the business. The problem is that they say that they dont have the time to do it like DCB. They say that they are on a tight schedule and there is hell to pay if they miss a deadline.
Originally posted by welk2party
The fact that DCB has a standard riggin layout that everyone agrees looks ultra clean is great. The more you standardize a process the more cost efficient it is. Also helps for QC when inspecting boats for delivery as well as with reapir/ maintenace. Does that mean they won't lay out another way based on your request? I really doubt it. Most of us do not rig boats and would have no clue what the best way is and why. Again, just my opinion.
Every boat that you rig you learn something from. Maybe a different way to lay something out, what works and what doesn't, etc. When you find something that works and looks good, you incorporate it into the every day building. It is refining your setup. You always play with the setup somewhat, but when something works...do it! If there is a custom setup, you do things how you normally would, but make little changes to adapt to the custom aspects. I would rigg a boat with a 350 the same way as a blower boat with the exception of moving things slightly to accomodate the accessories. Thats it!
I have to say that DCB has the best rigging in the business for the class they are in. They build a high custom production boat, that is awesome. I would say that DCB and Schiada are in two different classes. Schiada builds probably 20% of the boats that DCB does and most all smaller boats. EVERYTHING in a Schiada is built around the individual boat. No two Schiadas will be built the same. I would have to say that the overall Schiada rigging is the best in the business. However to defend that title, they have to put in a lot more hours than anyone else.

mbrown2
01-27-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by roln 20s
DCB's rigging is very nice- very clean, however the one thing that I have noticed, maybe its just me, every new DCB has all of the rigging in the exact same place: lines, pumps, etc with exception of people's GENERATORS for stereos (Mbrown :D)... I'm sure I will get crap for this, but it seems as though they have a great process, and the rigging is all of the same for every boat--will he put my trim pump under my seat if I wanted it?
Rol'n...not giving you crap, only my .02 on the subject,
They will put your trim pump where ever you want it as long as fits with the manufacture's specs; however, they might want to talk you out of it if they don't think it is good idea.....
I have looked at lot of DCB's and on the surface they might appear to be rigged the same...however, if you look close, they are either rigged as DCB thought they should be rigged, or how the owner wanted them along with DCB's advice/oversight...I started with a right side helm, but I wanted left, and then when I figured the dashes would not all layout the way I wanted on the left side, so I needed to go back to the right.....they would have done either, but I wanted my gauges a certain way, and the the dash consoles are different...other items are rigged differently on mine than others...and things on others are rigged differently than mine because they wanted...If you looked at the Charley's 29 and another 29, you would have noticed something different....alot of Charley's wiring/cables in bilge area are hidden at least what can be hidden is...other 29's, things are cleanly routed for view.....
They will do it how you want if it makes sense and sometimes they will do it when it is questionable or has not been tried by them...
However, above and beyond the billet hardware and logos everywhere, one thing that they do better than most is continue to raise the bar in the area of design, rigging, and finishing out a boat...
I had a 2002 Mach 26....well the hardware on my 2004 is quite different because they have designed new pieces, new boxes, steps, etc....and my 2004 is different than a 2003 because they learned from what they did in 2003 and made changes and added new hardware such as larger billet steps, new gas breather h/w, etc...
They are constantly learning from what they have done and are raising the bar to beat it.....not waiting for someone else to come up with it...they also learn from their customer ideas and build those ideas into future models..
That is their nature, and one of the areas I respect them for; it is the same nature they bring to the boat show....it's natural for them to raise it up a notch...

roln 20s
01-27-2004, 03:55 PM
MBrown-
Thanks for the great response. See, I guess those are some of the little details I haven't noticed since I haven't seen a ton of DCB's real close (except the boat show.) I definately do think they make a good boat, and they have a huge reputation to uphold. Obviously Dave and his crew are doing something right...I can think of more than a couple board members on DCB #2...and most likely #3 is just around the corner.
Roln 20s

HighRoller
01-27-2004, 04:06 PM
I'm still drooling over the billet seat pedestals. Maybe this summer I'll steal a pair. I know where an F-26 will be parked right next door to where I'm staying......

mbrown2
01-27-2004, 04:17 PM
I'm still drooling over the billet seat pedestals. Maybe this summer I'll steal a pair. I know where an F-26 will be parked right next door to where I'm staying......
The F26 don't have seat pedestals:D ...btw..the Billet seat pedestals on the machs have changed in the last two years...Dennis26 noticed that on the Levoe22's Mach at the show......
HR, just remember when you are hanging out in the F26 at night to turn on the generator after you are done, cause I am sure the batteries will be dead from you and you crazy friends running the music..:D :D

HighRoller
01-27-2004, 04:30 PM
cause I am sure the batteries will be dead from you and you crazy friends running the music WTF? MY Crazy friends? This coming from the guy who took 47 people to the Stuporcross and has a "rep" in Parker for his partying endeavors....
HR, just remember when you are hanging out in the F26 at night to turn on the generator after you are done,
I just need to know two things.
1.)How long does it take to charge the batteries at 110mph?
2.)Will it reach that speed before the dam?
Actually I do have some questions about that stereo thing. Check yer PM.

mbrown2
01-27-2004, 04:46 PM
I just need to know two things.
1.)How long does it take to charge the batteries at 110mph?
2.)Will it reach that speed before the dam?
Actually I do have some questions about that stereo thing. Check yer PM.
I will let you know when I reach 110...might have to take the gererator and seats out, and run a couple gallons in each tank with no ice chest to do it though:D ....
From the dock to the dam, it would be very tight...
On your question, I will send you something tonight, also look in the AV Forum on the battery charger thread...gives some info in that...

HighRoller
01-27-2004, 05:00 PM
No ice chest? Yeah, right. Like that was ever an option! As long as I get over 100 I'm good! Hopefully someone sober enough to work my new digital camera will take some video for us to post on here as proof.
P.S. Do the canopies work good enough to drink a beer at 100?

CEO
01-27-2004, 08:43 PM
I will have to go to the IMCO dudes and check them out on Friday!!;)