PDA

View Full Version : Dell 20" LCD Monitor On Sale

GlastronGuy
01-25-2004, 01:23 PM
Just in case anyone is interested, this is a good price for a great monitor.
UltraSharp 2001FP 20.1-inch Flat Panel LCD (http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=320-1578)
I can't wait till it gets here.
:)

Kim Hanson
01-25-2004, 01:25 PM
Very nice.........( . )( . )..'s!:cool:

MagicMtnDan
01-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by GlastronGuy
Just in case anyone is interested, this is a good price for a great monitor.
UltraSharp 2001FP 20.1-inch Flat Panel LCD (http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=320-1578)
I can't wait till it gets here.
:)
Hey GG, that's a great price and a great monitor! There's at least one that's slightly better, the Viewsonic 20in Black LCD Panel 1600x1200 VP201MB Analog/Digital w/Speakers, but it's $949.00
Tell me, can the Dell be used for more than just a computer monitor? I see the specs say, "Digital Video Format: DVI-D TMDS" - does that mean I could use it to watch DVDs (by hooking up a DVD player to it, not using the DVD player in my computer)? Can I watch satellite and TiVo on it too?
I'm looking for a monitor that will serve dual purposes - computer monitor and satellite/TiVo/DVD. I'm not sure this one will do it but it's awesome if it will.
They keep saying that convergence is here but I'm still looking for it!
Thanks

GlastronGuy
01-25-2004, 01:52 PM
I don't know if you can use more than one source. I'll check it out when it gets here and let you know.
I tried watching DVDs on my 21" CRT but it's no fun. I'd rather sit on my couch and watch them on my 32" Hitachi Ultravision and listen to them on my home theater.
I like this Viewsonic (http://www.viewsonic.com/products/lcd_vp201s.htm) because it has a 16 ms response time as does the Dell. I like to game and I don't want any ghosting.
EDIT
That Viewsonic is + - $1200

MagicMtnDan
01-25-2004, 02:49 PM
Hey GG, thanks for the info.
Let me know if you don't get the Paris Hilton video and I can e-mail it to you (need your e-mail address).
I'm interested in what you find out when you get your big mother LCD display. I just don't want to buy one that can't do double duty (doodie :D ) and I'll wait if I have to to get one that can do computer stuff and satellite(cable)/DVD.
I like the text under your name - reminds me of mine :D

bigq
01-25-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
Hey GG, that's a great price and a great monitor! There's at least one that's slightly better, the Viewsonic 20in Black LCD Panel 1600x1200 VP201MB Analog/Digital w/Speakers, but it's $949.00
Tell me, can the Dell be used for more than just a computer monitor? I see the specs say, "Digital Video Format: DVI-D TMDS" - does that mean I could use it to watch DVDs (by hooking up a DVD player to it, not using the DVD player in my computer)? Can I watch satellite and TiVo on it too?
I'm looking for a monitor that will serve dual purposes - computer monitor and satellite/TiVo/DVD. I'm not sure this one will do it but it's awesome if it will.
They keep saying that convergence is here but I'm still looking for it!
Thanks
Yes you could, it also has a S-Video and composite plus some USB it looks like.
Glastron:
I havn't seen a LCD monitor that can keep up with a fast game, let us know how it looks. You play 1st person or what?

GlastronGuy
01-25-2004, 03:57 PM
Ya, I play FPS and racing games. Right now I play Battlefeld 1942, online and I need to get Call To Duty.
I also just finished up Max Payne 2 (for sale, $30 shipped) and Halo.

little rowe boat
01-25-2004, 05:26 PM
I just got the whole dell set up with the 20" flat screen. It's awesome.:cool:

THOR
01-25-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by little rowe boat
I just got the whole dell set up with the 20" flat screen. It's awesome.:cool:
Me too. It is awesome.