PDA

View Full Version : minus fourty effin two

betty boop
01-26-2004, 12:01 PM
-42 here right now - supposed to get to -55 tomorrow - i think i need to head south, anyone want to join me??????

FMluvswater
01-26-2004, 12:03 PM
ouch my sympathies hon :(

dimarcobros
01-26-2004, 12:05 PM
So your location of "under the sun" is actually under the snow :D :D ;) :rolleyes:
Where do you live?
DMB

betty boop
01-26-2004, 12:05 PM
thanks fm - it wouldn't be so bad but i have a four year old that i can't take anywhere - we are house bound....I HATE ALBERTA WEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANNA GO HOME

betty boop
01-26-2004, 12:06 PM
I am in Calgary, Alberta - home on mad cow disease!!!!!

fourspeednup
01-26-2004, 12:11 PM
I would say, come on down to Phoenix. But when you put it that way...
:D :D :D

HBjet
01-26-2004, 12:13 PM
68 here in Huntington Beach, CA.
HBjet:D

betty boop
01-26-2004, 12:14 PM
well la de da!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Keithb87
01-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by sunbunny
Do you know why they call it PMS ???? :confused:
Mad Cow Disease was allready taken.. :D :D

FMluvswater
01-26-2004, 12:18 PM
thanks fm - it wouldn't be so bad but i have a four year old that i can't take anywhere - we are house bound....I HATE ALBERTA WEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANNA GO HOME
That rots when it's so cold you have no choice but to stay indoors. How are you and kiddo keeping busy? Okay well you're on here (duh FM). What's kiddo doing? :)

betty boop
01-26-2004, 12:19 PM
that's actually a pretty good one - i am safe though - i am originally from B.C. - home of sun, beaches and lots and lots of lakes

betty boop
01-26-2004, 12:21 PM
we do lots and lots of crafts!!!!! she's great though, being an only child she can keep herself pretty busy - right now she's watching "joey" but i try to keep tv to a minimum - such a bunch of crap on there - so needless to say i do ALOT of reading stories and coloring!!!

FMluvswater
01-26-2004, 12:30 PM
we do lots and lots of crafts!!!!! she's great though, being an only child she can keep herself pretty busy - right now she's watching "joey" but i try to keep tv to a minimum - such a bunch of crap on there - so needless to say i do ALOT of reading stories and coloring!!!
That's cool .... sounds like she keeps you young at heart and you get to expend creative energy too. :) I got to read a Dr.Seuss to my son recently one I'd never read before and I thought I knew 'em all! :D
Do you not get Treehouse tv in Alberta? Commercial free children's programming 3am to midnight 7 days a week. The sponsor spots consist of "this show brought to you by (insert name of breakfast cereal company)" that's it no other commercials. I understand about not wanting to rely heavily on tv for entertainment but Treehouse tv is pretty good in a pinch. :)

betty boop
01-26-2004, 12:33 PM
i think that's the one she watches - i never let her watch tv until she was older than two (my husband came back from working on the oil rigs, and he's an avid tv watcher) i've seen alot of parents use tv as an electronic babysitter and it just rots these kids - my daughter still won't watch anything with any kind of fighting or violence on it, thank God, who knows, maybe i am sheltering her to much - but she is so gentle and kind and i'd like her to stay that way!!!

FMluvswater
01-26-2004, 12:51 PM
i think that's the one she watches - i never let her watch tv until she was older than two (my husband came back from working on the oil rigs, and he's an avid tv watcher) i've seen alot of parents use tv as an electronic babysitter and it just rots these kids - my daughter still won't watch anything with any kind of fighting or violence on it, thank God, who knows, maybe i am sheltering her to much - but she is so gentle and kind and i'd like her to stay that way!!!
Thankfully Treehouse won't air any shows with violent content. My son and I get into it over this sometimes cuz he prefers YTV which has commercials and fighting type shows (he didn't get exposure to this from me) and I tell him Treehouse or no tv. Sometimes he picks no tv but when he does decide to watch Treehouse there are a handful of shows he enjoys on that channel- Crazy Quilt, Toy Castle, Nini's Treehouse and Ants In Your Pants. According to him the other shows are for babies, lol! :D He's 7. :)

Chase
01-26-2004, 01:11 PM
-42 here right now - supposed to get to -55 tomorrow - i think i need to head south, anyone want to join me??????
I know what you are feelin' girl :(

Kim Hanson
01-26-2004, 01:41 PM
It's only -49 with the wind chill today, 27th. is going down to -60:eek: ..........( . )( . ).......Don't ya love to freeze your ass-off ?:yuk:

JetBoatRich
01-26-2004, 01:50 PM
I feel a lot better now that I saw your weather. By the way clear skies here today:cool: