PDA

View Full Version : Supercross San Diego

Caribbean Jet
01-26-2004, 12:30 PM
I was in Mammoth and wasn't able to make the Supercross race. Who won, I heard that it was a wild place to be inside and out?

HighRoller
01-26-2004, 12:32 PM
Chad Reed won. Some other dude in the 125's drove off the track and got killed. Kind of a bummer.

betty boop
01-26-2004, 12:38 PM
not to totally change the subject - but did anyone hear about the condition of that Deegan guy at the XGames??? I saw the crash but never did hear anything about his injuries...

NOTALENT
01-26-2004, 01:02 PM
DEEGAN...Damn that was awesome..Ballsy as hell I might add..especially in the snow and over a 90ft jump..they said he broke his femur,wrist..and was alittle beat up...thats all I heard.

CMABadseed
01-26-2004, 01:20 PM
i heard both wristsand the femur.....gotta be tough to ride like that. gotta hurt to SNAP the largest bone in your body!:eek:

Caribbean Jet
01-26-2004, 01:43 PM
I watched Deagan take that fall after the long day of baording, that was wild. Kind of a bummer about the kid dieing at the races. I heard there were some hooligans after the races driving over cars in the parking lot with their lifted trucks.

JetBoatRich
01-26-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by CMABadseed
i heard both wristsand the femur.....gotta be tough to ride like that. gotta hurt to SNAP the largest bone in your body!:eek:
He tried to push away from his bike when he could not complete the flip:eek: came straight down on his side:yuk:

hot_diggity_dog
01-26-2004, 01:55 PM
The Super cross accident was a tragedy.
Supercross Accident (http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000596)
HDD:( :(

BOBALOO
01-26-2004, 02:08 PM
HDD the supercross accident is a different one than my friend was in. Dave Williams was at VMC in Victorville when the accident occured.
http://laotmx.com/images/dave_williams.jpg
he raced every weekend at the tracks of So Cal and was in the Old Timers. This has devastated his family and extended family and we can only be reminded that he was doing the thing that he lived for.

hot_diggity_dog
01-26-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by BOBALOO
HDD the supercross accident is a different one than my friend was in. Dave Williams was at VMC in Victorville when the accident occured.
http://laotmx.com/images/dave_williams.jpg
he raced every weekend at the tracks of So Cal and was in the Old Timers. This has devastated his family and extended family and we can only be reminded that he was doing the thing that he lived for.
Thanks for the clarification
Sorry for your loss regarless.
Glenn

Jordy
01-26-2004, 03:33 PM
A bunch of the guys we were at the parking lot pre and post party with are buddies with Deegan. He did break both wrists, a femur and was pretty banged up other than that.

fourspeednup
01-26-2004, 05:09 PM
Deegan is a real partier! I know a couple of the Metal Mulisha guys through a friend. They're all crazy, don't be the first to pass out!
Heard there were some real dumbasses at San Diego. Those are the guys that **** it up for everyone else.
Sorry to hear about any motorsport related death, but as it's already been said, they were doing what they loved.:frown: