PDA

View Full Version : Lavey And Htm Deck Boats

LAVEYSABRE575
01-26-2004, 07:00 PM
did anybody see the lavey deck boat or the HTM deck boat, what did you think. Im headed out thursday cant wait...derek

hot_diggity_dog
01-26-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by LAVEYSABRE575
did anybody see the lavey deck boat or the HTM deck boat, what did you think. Im headed out thursday cant wait...derek
I'm in the process of doing a Deck boat only photo preview on Riverratlife.com (http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi) I should have it up soon!:D
HDD:cool:

***boatfuture
01-26-2004, 07:29 PM
Ya they booth looked pretty good, I think that the HTM is a great looking one, Lea did an awesome job..

OutCole'd
01-26-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by hot_diggity_dog
I'm in the process of doing a Deck boat only photo preview on Riverratlife.com (http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi) I should have it up soon!:D
I am looking forward to seeing this. There are a lot of cool deck boats out there. For me, it is definately about the interior layout.

hot_diggity_dog
01-26-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by OutCole'd
I am looking forward to seeing this. There are a lot of cool deck boats out there. For me, it is definately about the interior layout.
It's going to take me a few hours. I have numerous Production boats like Crownline, Larson etc. and all of the other's.
26, 28, & 34 Advantage, HTM, E-Ticket, Ultra, The Nordic mod V-hull, Hallet, Comander, Lavey, Magic, Conquest. to name a few. So stay tuned I'm working on it!
HDD

Boozer
01-26-2004, 08:15 PM
I just got back from the show.
I thought the HTM and Lavey were both incredibly ugly. The Lavey looks as aerodynamic as a carton of cigarettes.
If I were to spend the coin on a deck boat I would buy an E-Ticket. Look down the side of an E-Ticket then look down the side of their competitors. The E-Ticket is by far the straightest smoothest hull you are going to see at the show.
I spent about an Hour talking to Larry at E-Ticket. He told me the boats are completely built by him and his patrener ONLY. He said he has "chicos" Who do the lamination for him but other then that everything else is custom fabricated by him for the boat.
Also, The E-Ticket is one hell of a deal. You can get it with a single 496 for 85K including trailer, gaffrigs, the works. You can get it with twin mags for about 110-120. They seem to be pretty negotiable.

MagicMtnDan
01-26-2004, 08:25 PM
I'm not a deckboat expert but Lavey Craft's d-boat reminded me of the Advantage which doesn't do anything for me. It didn't compare to the Magic or Conquest in my opinion.

OutCole'd
01-26-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Boozer
I thought the HTM and Lavey were both incredibly ugly. The Lavey looks as aerodynamic as a carton of cigarettes.
I could not agree more.

boxscore
01-26-2004, 09:34 PM
I've been looking forward for months now to check out Lavey's finished deck. Hmmmph... Deck boats are a tough market, and that one just doesn't set itself apart. I expected more from the bro's at Lavey. Appearance-wise, Magic and Conquest still take the cake. But ya know, Lavey still is gonna build it top shelf.

OutCole'd
01-26-2004, 09:40 PM
I just like the way the new Top Cat 2 and the Magic have the two forward facing seats. If I want to go to the lake for a guys trip, they just seem to make more sense.
Every other manufacturer I checked out had the same old bench type front seat that does nothing for me.
Just my .02

hot_diggity_dog
01-26-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by boxscore
I've been looking forward for months now to check out Lavey's finished deck. Hmmmph... Deck boats are a tough market, and that one just doesn't set itself apart. I expected more from the bro's at Lavey. Appearance-wise, Magic and Conquest still take the cake. But ya know, Lavey still is gonna build it top shelf.
I know what you say on the looks but the looks are just that.
The true test is how the boat feels to you and your style peeps.
I was on every one of the boats I have pictures of and I was suprised on the Lavey for a few reasons.
If I had kids the box look or style deck boat is much safer, More free board.
I'm just saying I like it better sitting behind the wheel then looking at it from thescreen or a magazine!
Pictures are up boyz!
HDD

mbrown2
01-26-2004, 09:47 PM
I still have not gotten in the Lavey, but I thought it looked good...

hot_diggity_dog
01-27-2004, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by mbrown2
I still have not gotten in the Lavey, but I thought it looked good...
The Lavey pictures are up.
I have over 75 pictures of Deck boats in three post.
I, II, & III Just click the link below;) :D

hot_diggity_dog
01-27-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Ya know surprisingly enough, I really liked "Hawaiian's" deckboat.. or atleast the lay out of it. Now that thing is a people hauler of the 1st caliber. ;) Dunno anything about the bottom of it though and how it'd perform etc... I just liked the fact that everywhere there could be a seat there was, and it had a nice "open" feel to it.
RD
Did I miss it RD or was it the first boat I posted???
HDD

mbrown2
01-27-2004, 09:20 AM
Pretty sure it was the first boat you posted...it did not have labling on it, but it was parked next to other hawiaiians..

STGP
01-27-2004, 09:59 AM
Well said Boozer, I agree, I was looking forward to seeing Lavey's deck but at first glance I thought it was an eye sore. Don't want to be too critical, I love Lavey boats, but man there seemed to be no design thought put into the lines of that boat.

welk2party
01-27-2004, 10:14 AM
I have not hit the show yet. Planning to go this weekend. I have checked out the pictures of the new deck boats. Having not seen for myself I guess it would not be fair to give my opinions. However, I have an Eliminator deck boat which is basically a Conquest. The layout is extremely important. We seem to have lots of people on the boat often. The two captain chairs, which by the way I think looks cool, might make the boat a bit crowded. IMHO.:rolleyes: They all look good really. I think you need to evaluate how many people you tote around and what type of partying you do. For me, the more open space with the least amount of restrictions to walk. The two captain chair idea would seem to me to be a large bowrider than deck boat. To each his won and that is why boating is so exciting. The differences make the difference.
Also, anyone thinking of getting a deck boat....get as much motor as you can afford. Fill that boat with people and you will need some ponies to get moving. I found out a little late. Looking to upgrade.:cool: :D :)

hot_diggity_dog
01-27-2004, 05:30 PM
So what did you think of the deck boat photo preview I did?

jbtrailerjim
01-27-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by hot_diggity_dog
So what did you think of the deck boat photo preview I did?
Good job HDD. I still like the Conquest best. But the Magic is sweet lookin also. I'm gonna check them all out on Thursday and maybe Friday if I don't get to see enough on Thursday.