PDA

View Full Version : Monster garage!

Jetdriver
01-26-2004, 07:17 PM
Just finished watching the Ultra episode. What a waste of a perfectly good squirt boat! Sometimes I have to wonder why they even bother with that shit. But hey oh well. :mad: I could have given them my boat to tear apart and I would have taken the Ultra any day of the week.

JetBoatRich
01-26-2004, 07:37 PM
it's a write off:mad:

Jbb
01-26-2004, 07:40 PM
Brand new boat ...tearing parts and interior off and throwing them in the floor....made me cringe!!
That show is starting to bore me.....Evil santa was cool though...

riverliver
01-26-2004, 07:48 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/25P1010023-med.JPG
Was this the boat they cut up ????

Jetdriver
01-26-2004, 08:00 PM
Thats it! We saw it saturday at the La boat show. What a waste!

LASERRAY
01-26-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Jetdriver
Thats it! We saw it saturday at the La boat show. What a waste! Fear not! He'll make more. It was good advertising for Ultra Boats, and I'm sure that John looks at it that same way. Well worth his cost for materials, and labor. And I'm sure that it's no coincidence that this episode aired during the L.A. Boat Show either. Could lead to a few sales.:cool:

Jetdriver
01-26-2004, 08:40 PM
Fair enough! If it was all about the marketing I can understand it. But he could have still ****ed up a crappy old boat.

Tom Brown
01-26-2004, 08:56 PM
Why is everyone so upset? It's not like they hacked up a Mercury outboard.

jbtrailerjim
01-26-2004, 09:10 PM
When they did the seen inside Ultra's showroom. My Essex that John's helping me sell was right in the front of the showroom.

JetBoatRich
01-26-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Jetdriver
Fair enough! If it was all about the marketing I can understand it. But he could have still ****ed up a crappy old boat.
I thought you were trying to sell it:confused:

Raskal
01-26-2004, 09:17 PM
dam that was a dam good looking boat .love the colors and all .:mad:

LASERRAY
01-26-2004, 09:30 PM
When they took the Sawzall to the Ultra, It looked like poor John was going to cry. That was a beautiful boat.

MudPumper
01-26-2004, 09:33 PM
I don't like how the boat is upside down. The old dude in the blue shirt has man boobs

MudPumper
01-26-2004, 09:42 PM
I don't know if Im more freaked out by the boat getting cut to shit or by that dude chick!!!

MudPumper
01-26-2004, 09:47 PM
It's a dude, but he wears make up and Im pretty sure he has implants.

MudPumper
01-26-2004, 09:55 PM
He doesn't need a bra, he needs a Bro. That dudechick is gonna give me nightmares tonight!

jbtrailerjim
01-26-2004, 09:56 PM
I liked it when John and the she-man squeezed in the boat together. The look on John's face was too funny. I hope I see him at the boat show this week so I can give him a hard time about that.:D

LASERRAY
01-26-2004, 09:58 PM
Had to recant my earlier post. I didn't know why JJH insisted on a two seater until about two minutes ago. That brought a tear to my eye.:(

MudPumper
01-26-2004, 10:01 PM
I love that Stealth

HighRoller
01-26-2004, 10:52 PM
What's even more disgusting is that the narrator referred to the man/chick as "her" and said "she will tear out the..."Gross.

***boat2
01-26-2004, 11:11 PM
I thought the boat looked pretty cool when completed though. It was weird having the dude/girl on there. But o well to each his/hers own i guess on that. And discovery bought the boat from john so it wasnt a financial loss on his part. O well cool show as always

Jordy
01-27-2004, 07:12 AM
The vehicle must appear to look stock... :confused: :D

carreraelite
01-27-2004, 07:54 AM
I thought it would have been more interesting to see it built into an amphibious vehicle.

HavasuDreamin'
01-27-2004, 08:44 AM
Did John gel the bottom of the boat to match the top because he knew they were going to flip it? Anyway......I thought that boat was really bitchen. The best part of the show was when Jesse James was airing it out over by the Queen Mary. :cool:

mbrown2
01-27-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
Why is everyone so upset? It's not like they hacked up a Mercury outboard.
I resemble that comment:D :cool:

Jetdriver
01-27-2004, 09:10 AM
Yikes!!!!!!!! I wasnt sure what that was. Hey cool that you guys gave that boat to them. Next time can you give one to me. :D :D
Buy the way good looking boats at the show. And thank you for getting rid of Jason Van Beek!!!!!!!!! At least from the Ultra line.

HighRoller
01-27-2004, 09:23 AM
All I gotts say is the dude who foamed and glassed the bottom of the boat to make it look like the top had SERIOUS skills! John, you need to get that guy involved when you tool your new boats. Looked like he could be a valuable asset to the shaping and filling process! Also, I enjoyed the running shots of the Stealth and when they showed the car/boat running alongside it you could see just how long the rooster was! I thought a couple times the helicopter was gonna get wet! And I'm bummed the boat ended up getting damaged before the final shot because if you saw how they framed the shot with Jesse and the guys standing by the shore next to the broken car it was quite clear John had a little "surprise" for them! Hey John, did you give Jesse a ride in the Stealth or let him drive it?

jbtrailerjim
01-27-2004, 09:25 AM
That was cheap advertising for Ultra Boats. His cost of giving that boat to them was a helluva lot cheaper than buying comercial air time on t.v. and it was a write off. That show airs to millions of people around the country. Smart move on John's part. I betcha his website has got a ton of hit's on it since the show aired.

burbanite
01-27-2004, 10:37 AM
Tim McNees, one of the fabricators on this episode talked about building the Royal Purple streamliner for Terry Nish. TJ Nish (Terry's son) is one of our machinists and drove it to a world record as did his dad and his two brothers. Some good shots of that and plenty of hot boats on water, John, I'd say you pulled off a fairly major coup with this.

Daytona19
01-27-2004, 10:40 AM
Even though I am getting board of monster garage, I was really surprised and happy to see Jesse has a softer side. when he made a comment about the second seat and the young boy who was supposed to be there ( but died) really made me feel he has a big heart. I did like the show was dedicated to the little guy too, if he was that tore up I am glad he went through with the show and finished the job. The freak with the man boobs frighten me though what the hell was with that dude??? Man I coulnd get around him/her and the strech pants!!! LOL