PDA

View Full Version : Wood Burning Stoves

INXS
01-27-2004, 10:32 PM
I got a Quadra-Fire Wood burning stove this year. It says it can heat a 1500 sq ft home. My house is about 1700 sq ft and it does a good job, but I could use a little more out-put from it. It does not have a blower or outside air set-up. Does anyone know how much benefit these options would be?
INXS :confused:

78Eliminator
01-27-2004, 10:34 PM
Hey, I don't know the answer to your question, but I have always liked those. BUT, I do know you can buy these little pellets for them that burn hotter and longer than wood. I would like to some day have one of those. Some day.....

Kindsvater Flat
01-27-2004, 11:15 PM
I have a large self lighting pellet stove and its going down the road. Sure the sacks are nice but its nothing compared to regular wood.

spectratoad
01-28-2004, 05:43 AM
I have a pellet also and it does nice to keep the room at temp. One way you can move the heat around is to install cieling fans. I put several in my house and it works great.
I had a wood stove but I just didn't like the mess but it did keep it hotter in here than my pellet. I have a 1700sf home and it kept it around 70 - 85. It is sitting on the back porch now. I think I am going ot sell it or put it in my garage.

INXS
01-28-2004, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by spectratoad
I have a pellet also and it does nice to keep the room at temp. One way you can move the heat around is to install cieling fans. I put several in my house and it works great.
I had a wood stove but I just didn't like the mess but it did keep it hotter in here than my pellet. I have a 1700sf home and it kept it around 70 - 85. It is sitting on the back porch now. I think I am going ot sell it or put it in my garage. Did you use outside air or a blower?
INXS

Chase
01-28-2004, 06:21 AM
I need a wood burner in my pants...check out my weather button..

INXS
01-28-2004, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Chase
I need a wood burner in my pants...check out my weather button.. Wrong sex, Try Dailing 1-800-IAMGAY
INXS

Chase
01-28-2004, 06:27 AM
I am not gay....don't be starting on of those gay links either

INXS
01-28-2004, 06:39 AM
I am not gay....don't be starting on of those gay links either Yea, Right!
INXS

Dribble
01-28-2004, 08:10 AM
The outside air setup is the way to go. The reason is that without it the stove takes heated inside air to feed the fire. Then it is replaced by air leaking in through windows and door jambs. I have a stove without a fan but with outside air. It heats 2000 sq ft toasty warm.

spectratoad
01-28-2004, 08:13 AM
Right now it uses the blower but still need to run the outside air to the outside.
We don't look at weather buttons here either. This is not only the wrong thread but the wrong website.:D :D
I admit though, I did look at your weather button, ONCE! I feel sorry for you guys up there in that cold. Brrrrrrr

OGShocker
01-28-2004, 08:17 AM
I have a Southern California address that keeps us plenty warm in the winter.:D

canuck1
01-28-2004, 08:45 AM
we use 2 stoves to heat our ranch house, you need the fresh air venting as dribble said fans only work when you have power:rolleyes: . minus 42 and its stupid cold out.... mexico in 6 more days

INXS
01-28-2004, 07:41 PM
I see what you ment now about the weather button, sorry I took it wrong.
INXS

HOSS
01-28-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Dribble
The outside air setup is the way to go. The reason is that without it the stove takes heated inside air to feed the fire. Then it is replaced by air leaking in through windows and door jambs. I have a stove without a fan but with outside air. It heats 2000 sq ft toasty warm.
Right on. A fireplace is not efficient at all. Takes more heat to heat the house. I`m smoking mine and installing an entertainment center and plasma there. I hate cleaning this thing.

AdrenelineOD
01-28-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Dribble
Yes! outside air is the only why. Your worm air is replaced by cold air not to mention that stoves are oxygen vacums! Chears,

Chase
01-29-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by INXS
I see what you ment now about the weather button, sorry I took it wrong.
INXS
Because I am a nice guy I will let it slide this time, but if I lived closer............there would be shit to pay..:D :D :p

spectratoad
01-29-2004, 09:19 AM
Chase, you shouldn't be so high strung today. It is only -34 today. Time to get the boat ready isn't it?:D

Chase
01-29-2004, 09:42 AM
Yeah I wish.....I touch it (the boat) everyday anxiously awaiting. I also pray that I winterized it right......

spectratoad
01-29-2004, 10:07 AM
I also pray that I winterized it right......
I usually find myself crossing my fingers when I take the cover off at springtime.:D