PDA

View Full Version : What was the coolest thing you saw at the boat show?

Dave C
01-30-2004, 01:34 PM
what was the coolest boat feature/item that you saw at the boat show that made you say, I would buy that?

cigarette1
01-30-2004, 01:43 PM
Beef Jerky :)
The rest of the show bored the hell out of me :(

BowTie Rick
01-30-2004, 01:53 PM
Money still in my wallet after I left :p

MagicMtnDan
01-30-2004, 02:25 PM
Lotsa sweater puppies!
http://www.psykobabble.com/JustinMorissette/Pics/boobs.jpg

carbonmarine
01-30-2004, 02:27 PM
The Sunsations...., but I am partial.
Rick32:D

riverracerx
01-30-2004, 02:28 PM
Nikki Zeno at the Truckin' booth!

MagicMtnDan
01-30-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by riverracerx
Nikki Zeno at the Truckin' booth!
Hey Chris, last Saturday I was looking for you at the Nordic booth - met some girl from Jokers Wild instead :cool:

STGP
01-30-2004, 02:30 PM
Everyone could use one of these
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/598PICT0018-med.JPG

LASERRAY
01-30-2004, 04:28 PM
Mrs. Kilrtoy;)

hboldno7
01-30-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Mrs. Kilrtoy;)
dont you mean her see thru shirt?

eliminatedsprinter
01-30-2004, 04:51 PM
Those Pyramid Posse folks.....;) And their great looking shirts.:cool: :cool: :D

Kilrtoy
01-30-2004, 04:55 PM
Beef Jerky
Was it Beef jerky Dan or what ever he is called, if so where was he.
Mrs. Kilrtoy
dont you mean her see thru shirt?
Was she,
That BAD GIRL, I was too busy looking at Shockwave's and DCB's to notice

bchbum
01-30-2004, 05:23 PM
The Ultra poster girls

Kilrtoy
01-30-2004, 05:55 PM
Some one on here took some pics of her,
I saw them......
maybe they will post them......

LAVEYSABRE575
01-30-2004, 06:15 PM
vessel assist booth..derek

LASERRAY
01-30-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by hboldno7
dont you mean her see thru shirt? That's uncool:(

LASERRAY
01-30-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
That's uncool ;)

Havasu Hangin'
01-30-2004, 06:36 PM
The bartender with a bottle of Bacardi in one hand...and a lime in the other.

Kilrtoy
01-30-2004, 06:47 PM
The bartender with a bottle of Bacardi in one hand...and a lime in the other.
That was no lime, That was a gun,
You just didnt see it due to the smoke and mirrors of the Bacardi bottle, you were tricked.
At those prices you were robbed

Havasu Hangin'
01-30-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
At those prices you were robbed
If some other fool is payin'...I'm not complainin'...

Hallett19
01-30-2004, 07:11 PM
I really like that Ultra 27 Shadow, white open bow, that is going to be the next one I think.

LASERRAY
01-30-2004, 07:16 PM
Me, drinking beers in the parking structure before, during, and after the show.:cool:

CA Stu
01-30-2004, 07:25 PM
The boat with the 2 motors with 2 blowers on each motor that had fuel line that looked like a DAMN RADIATOR HOSE:eek:
That, plus the $1.1m Sea Ray that had granite countertops, a flatscreen plasma tv, and a surround sound system. That's the life for me, folks...
As long as my crew is all cheerleaders, of course:)
CA Stu

schiada96
01-30-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by CA Stu
The boat with the 2 motors with 2 blowers on each motor that had fuel line that looked like a DAMN RADIATOR HOSE:eek:
That, plus the $1.1m Sea Ray that had granite countertops, a flatscreen plasma tv, and a surround sound system. That's the life for me, folks...
As long as my crew is all cheerleaders, of course:)
CA Stu
I saw that

LASERRAY
01-30-2004, 07:31 PM
The upperdeck Hottub on the House(ship)boat.

Froggystyle
01-30-2004, 08:01 PM
I can be a tough critic at times, but I really didn't see a lot that made my socks roll up and down this time. Dave had some absolutely epic gear, and a phenomenal booth. I'll take one of each. :D
The big MTI kicked ass, as did the hot rod Schiada I saw.
Tomorrow is picture day. I will be taking a bazillion hopefully.
I also liked the look of some of the JC Tritoons. Remedial, but that is a good way to get that job done. Cool actuated swimstep for getting fatties into your ride too. ;)
Overall though, I was underwhelmed.

Seadog
01-30-2004, 08:25 PM
I don't know if you guys are aware of it, but according to those who know, another show is going on right now that is bigger than the LA show, the Houston show or the New York show. It is the Tulsa Boat Show in Oklahoma. The main pavilion is over 450,000 square feet. Ugly John's has $7M in 25 boats, including a Carver 570 that is on sale for only $1,020,571 with Twin 675 hp diesels. Word is that most of them are sold already. This is considered the 5th largest event in the nation according to one national group. The only thing I know for sure is that I am going to spend tomorrow there. There is a bass boat called a Gambler that is in high demand. It has electronically controlled SS trim tabs recessed into the bottom of the hull. I got check that out.

sandblasted
01-30-2004, 09:12 PM
Less than 100 people there yesterday between 1 and 3pm....Guess I hate crowds! :D

Cs19
01-30-2004, 10:21 PM
Im not a cigarette or large cat type of boat fan, but DCB had some nice stuff, very nice rigging. I liked the 21 schiada river cruiser too,it was cool talking to paul pfaff about his old racing days, and all his new motors,also chatted with the guys from CP performance about how they make berkeley jet drives compared to the old days and also enjoyed checking out all the bitchen motors, talked with the guys from lifeline as well, took all my measurements so I can just call and place my order when im ready.
Hands down the best La boat show ive ever been to, weekdays are the way to go. I actually got to see everything this time!

Dave C
02-02-2004, 08:44 AM
you guys crack me up.:D
We are all boaters here so we can just assume that you were there for the drinks and chicks....;) :D
I meant hardware and not those aftermarket bolt-on thingys that the girls get
:eek: :D

chub
02-02-2004, 12:12 PM
A couple of strippers handing out cards for the gentlemen's club. You did ask for things we wanted to buy!:eek:

Ducatista
02-02-2004, 01:18 PM
I really liked the new E-Ticket luxury cat, I hope that new builder takes off. Genesis had a new 30ft vee with some nice ideas I hadn't seen before. Saw some trick custom CF or AZ decals from modernimage.net that were way-woh cool, had cute girlie's hang'n off the #'s. But that just might catch the attention of LE, especially if your on a PWC, but still they were cool! The bar tender at by the DCB booth had a "long island ice tea all-in-one" mix out of the bottle that you just added a little coke/sweet&sour to that was very tastey!(and extremly potent). Oh, and a really trick corvette yellow 4x4 1ton Cheby dually in the parking structure that I fell in love with. The Ultra girls were nice too.....!)
Oh and my wife really liked the quick release fender holders installed on the sides of the DCB's....very trick, never seen those before.

AleAlchemist
02-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Nikki Zeno...
Jerky...
Nikki.....
Jerky.... (uuuuggghhh!)
Nikki!!!!!!!!
It was so hard to choose, If I wasn't so Frickin Hungry
I would have gone with Nikki but the jerky won in the End.
Damn that Jerky!
Damn it to Hell.

Seadog
02-02-2004, 07:46 PM
I got a look at them. They were nice, but not as fancy as I would have thought. Basically standard SS tabs, but the hull had been molded with cutouts for them to fit. It would be interesting to see how they perform against standard tabs. We may see more boats with this in the future, but those boats would probably have tabs as standard equipment.

Flying Tiger
02-02-2004, 08:50 PM
Actor Curt Russell running from drunk families that reconized him.

beyondhelpin
02-02-2004, 10:41 PM
Seadog
Did you see the 27' pontoon with the twin 300 Mercs on it?! Old man says it ran 82 MPH on GPS. Talked to the old man for a while, he was funny as hell!
Guys we are talking about a real pontoon boat, aluminum sponsons and a grill! It was a 27' Playcraft. Could not get me to own a pontoon boat but I thought it was pretty cool. Can pick up for only $69,000! Wish I had brought a camara. They had a pic of it at speed and only about 1' of the ass end was in the water.
Only at the Tulsa Boat show!

Seadog
02-03-2004, 06:43 AM
Officially, it was only 81 mph and was run at LakeX, the test lake for Mercury. For those interested, what they did was take an pair of extended center logs for the outside logs and mounted the 300 hp Mercs on some big jack plates. The center log was one that would normally be mounted on the starboard side with the built in steps. They modified the rear end to have a walkway going to the steps and storage on both sides. When moving the lids made a big sun deck.
Interestingly enough, the boat had all the front lounge seats and a standard console. If not for the mods for the engines, it would look like most production boats. Of course, if you look carefully, you would see the strakes and the cones had been seriously worked on for maximum effect.
I would love to see one of those with police lights/sirens. The idea of some go fast being pulled over by a pontoon boat is too funny to beat.