PDA

View Full Version : Best way to power a big amp boat stereo?

CA Stu
01-30-2004, 05:31 PM
What is the best way to make sure that after an all day jam sesh at Sandbar you can still fire up your boat and drive it on back home?
Mass batteries? (What type?)
Generator? (How do you plumb and wire one?)
Thanks
CA Stu
(I posted this in the Audio / Visual forum, but I don't think that forum gets much traffic...)

HighRoller
01-30-2004, 05:34 PM
There's a thread in there about chargers like MBrown2 uses. I still am trying to get the skinny on them but I belive they are like a battery pack that powers the stereo while you're sitting and when you fire up the engine the charging system rechrges it. If you're a real baller like him with a 14000watt stereo you also have a generator!

PerfectionDtail
01-30-2004, 05:39 PM
Just get the Honda EU2000 generator and I have heard good things about SVR batteries by westco (much better than bluetops).

boatslayer
01-30-2004, 06:44 PM
get a battery switch and use two batteries

Havasu Hangin'
01-30-2004, 07:03 PM
A long extension cord.

CA Stu
01-30-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by boatslayer
get a battery switch and use two batteries
That's pretty obvious, man. :rolleyes:
I mean POWER when that just won't cut it.
Also, isn't draining a battery all the way to stone dead bad for the battery?
Thanks
CA Stu

boatslayer
01-30-2004, 07:06 PM
ok sorry dude

Hallett19
01-30-2004, 07:08 PM
just run scads of batteries, talk to the frog man. The setup he had in his Ultra (now clownpunchers) was a killer combo. Trojan deep cycle golf cart batteries, 4 6 volt batteries wired in sequence. That setup would push his BIG DOG stereo all day with no qualms and the motor still had its 2 trojan deep cycle 12 volts to start the motor.

Havasu Hangin'
01-30-2004, 07:09 PM
If you do some math...like what kind of amps (how efficient) and how loud you normally play it (how many watts)...you'll be able to get pretty close on the current draw.
Then you can estimate how much reserve (batteries) you'll need to last as long as you think you'll play it. Getting a generator will only limit you to the gas on board (and your eardrums).
Originally posted by CA Stu
Also, isn't draining a battery all the way to stone dead bad for the battery?
I'd avoid it (if possible)...even deep cycles. Trolling motors are about the only battery that are made to abuse like that.

CA Stu
01-30-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Hallett19
just run scads of batteries, talk to the frog man. The setup he had in his Ultra (now clownpunchers) was a killer combo. Trojan deep cycle golf cart batteries, 4 6 volt batteries wired in sequence. That setup would push his BIG DOG stereo all day with no qualms and the motor still had its 2 trojan deep cycle 12 volts to start the motor.
Good Jesus! What did all those batteries weigh, about 500 pounds?
I was kinda hoping there was a way to mount a generator, plumb it right into the boat's gas tank, and wire it for 12 V power.. It would be awesome if there was a clean "plug and play" unit like that... Just thinkin'
Thanks
CA Stu

clownpuncher
01-30-2004, 07:41 PM
That set-up has been flawless since I've owned it. I can run it for a couple of days without charging, or, one really long day of bouncing coldies out of my hand. The only downside, and it's a very MINOR downside considering the results, is that I have to recharge the batts with an external charger. The reason is there really aren't any alternators with enough capacity to recharge (4) deep cycles AND my (2) deep cycle coach batteries. From what I understand (I'm a total novice on this, so bear with me) deep cycle batteries like to be used hard and charged hard and my alternator can't foot the bill for the 6 batts, hence the reason for seperate stereo and coach batteries. When I charge externally it's with high amps, hit em hard for a few hours. When at the Blue Water, I just hook my charger up to the shore power and run it all night while I sleep. Of course I have an automatic charger.
One of the positives to this set-up is I can jump my motor batteries with my stereo batteries if need be, assuming of course I still have some juice left.
CaStu - I'm thinking if you want to push 1500+ watts, you're gonna need more than two batteries. Like I say, I'm a total novice to this deal. I'd recommend hitting up Froggystyle, or ROZ too? for some technical wisdom. Good luck :)
edit: I love my boat:D
( I don't mean "looooove", just love;)

Havasu Hangin'
01-30-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by CA Stu
Good Jesus! What did all those batteries weigh, about 500 pounds?
I'm gonna guess 325-350lbs.
Originally posted by clownpuncher
I'm thinking if you want to push 1500+ amps, you're gonna need more than two batteries.
Not with a generator.
I'll bet mbrown's setup weighs 1/2 of clownpunchers...but can last alot longer because of the generator.
If you're gonna go with a battery bank...don't buy more than you need. More weight = slower
Ask al'coleholic...that boat barely moves. :wink:

Froggystyle
01-30-2004, 07:49 PM
Our little baby is all growsed up! He's growsed up he's growsed up he's growsed up!!!!
I am so proud of you guys... Good gouge guys.
I like the big battery solution personally. Give me an idea of what you are running for amperage and I will be able to give you a better estimate of what you will need to run, like HH said.
We are putting the same system in Clownpunchers boat in the Tridnent's. Just add two more 12's, 4 more separates, 1200 more watts and a video system of course. ;)
I have done some looking into the generators too. Good solution, depending on your draw. Ours will be around 50 amps.

Scream
01-30-2004, 09:20 PM
As a low cost precautionary measure...I have a friend who took his brand new 30' to the channel and played the stereo all day long. He forgot to switch the batteries and ran them both down. Now he carries a jump starter, the device you can get at any hardware/AP store, and says it works like a champ.

Hallett19
01-30-2004, 10:11 PM
I'll tell you what will be the huge benefit of batteries over generator....... no stinging watering eyes :cry: from the generator exhaust. Those 4 batteries and tray lost all of MAAAAYBE 1-2 mph on clownpuncher's ride, made the boat ride nicer too :D

Havasu Hangin'
01-31-2004, 06:57 AM
I'll tell you what will be the huge benefit of batteries over generator....... no stinging watering eyes from the generator exhaust.
How about stinging watering eyes from the acid disharge when charging? Also sealed batteries have no maintainance...no acid to get on your upholstery.
Those 4 batteries and tray lost all of MAAAAYBE 1-2 mph on clownpuncher's ride, made the boat ride nicer too
So more weight and going slower is good? Hell...I didn't know that. My bad.
Maybe everyone should carry 350 lbs. of lead?
The last time Froggy and I had this debate, he mentioned the cost savings as the factor that swung him. Can't argue with that...those Trojans are cheap.
Me? I'd rather spend the extra few hundred extra for the generator setup...for the weight savings, and so I never have to worry about it or plug it in at the end of the day...
...but I'm not everyone, nor do I pretend to think like everyone.

JetBoatRich
01-31-2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
LOL, that is what makes opinions sometimes better. With enough of them hopefully someone that does not know can come up with his/her choice that will help them.
Keep them coming

Froggystyle
02-11-2004, 11:30 AM
How about stinging watering eyes from the acid disharge when charging? Also sealed batteries have no maintainance...no acid to get on your upholstery.
Those batteries never so much as burped. No loss, no leakage, no dramas. I don't boat inverted
So more weight and going slower is good? Hell...I didn't know that. My bad.
Maybe everyone should carry 350 lbs. of lead?
240 pounds, if we are being specific. More specifically, none of these generator systems work worth a shit unless you add a charger and a pair of batteries to charge... so it sounds like the weight savings is a non-issue, or minimal issue in fact.
The smallest generator that would produce enough amperage to consider running a charger that would work for this would be this one...
http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/lgmodel/eg2500.jpg
and it weighs 87 pounds dry. Add a pair of batteries for it to charge, and a charger and you are easily over the weight of the batteries themselves.
The last time Froggy and I had this debate, he mentioned the cost savings as the factor that swung him. Can't argue with that...those Trojans are cheap.
Me? I'd rather spend the extra few hundred extra for the generator setup...for the weight savings, and so I never have to worry about it or plug it in at the end of the day...
The generator I just showed is over $1100 retail. My price as an OEM is over $850. Add a good automatic charger at over $200 and you just topped $1400 extra dollars in the boat. Now you get to plumb the exhaust, run a fuel line and filter, build a mount for it, etc... The cost was, in the end one of the major deciding factors yes, but not the only one. In retrospect, the battery bank was a far better idea from a standpoint of battery life span , ease of operation, complexity, expense and space required.
The system in Clownpunchers boat is stellar. It's utility was unmatched by any systems we played with or around, and it still works amazingly coming up on three seasons into the ordeal. No cost of maintenance or otherwise. It works so well that I am going to be doing a similar system in every Trident delivered. It was a test bed that worked great.
We will probably also be building a second alternator on the boat to accomodate the stereo batteries. This will be high amperage, and designed to charge a large bank of large batteries quickly. The fact that the majority (looks like ALL from the current interest levels) of the Trident Revolutions will be jet powered precludes it from running at idle, so the goal would be to charge what you could during the times it is moving.
Anyway, lots of good advice going around here. Just wanted to address the weight issue.

mbrown2
02-11-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Froggystyle
[B More specifically, none of these generator systems work worth a shit unless you add a charger and a pair of batteries to charge... so it sounds like the weight savings is a non-issue, or minimal issue in fact. [/B]
Froggy, I am not sure what systems you tested, but I have not had issues with mine...Honda EU2000, Xantrex 40 Charger, (2) Odyssey 1200's. and 3000+ watt system. For my requirements, I wanted weight savings and it to last all day. It does both.
It plays for hours on end, and if the batteries are getting low I hit the generator and charger sends the charge to the batteries and drain at much lower rate because they are now being charged...
As for weight:
38lbs (batteries) x 2 = 76lbs
Generator = 49lbs
Xantrex Charger = 7lbs
Total = 132lbs..
For only a two battery setup, and needing to save weight, and getting it to go all day, I think the setup has met my requirements.
My .02
:)

al cole'holic
02-11-2004, 11:58 AM
Ask al'coleholic...that boat barely moves. :wink:
HH I don't really think you have a boat....what was that, I couldn't hear you? :D OP6 champ'yan....hahaa
...btw, 390 lbs. of battery with 2 days of solid channel hittin on full charges which works good for the weekend trips.

mbrown2
02-11-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by al cole'holic
HH I don't really think you have a boat....what was that, I couldn't hear you? :D OP6 champ'yan....hahaa
...btw, 390 lbs. of battery with 2 days of solid channel hittin on full charges which works good for the weekend trips.
I was wondering when you were going to spot that comment:D :D :D
Yeah, your shit hits...best hittin boat I have been in to date...:D

al cole'holic
02-11-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by mbrown2
I was wondering when you were going to spot that comment:D :D :D
Yeah, your shit hits...best hittin boat I have been in to date...:D
...why I gotta get dragged in this shit. Dude's always yappin about some one elses boat :p

Keithb87
02-11-2004, 01:06 PM
ok. I've had this idea for a long time, and never taken the oppurtunity to try it myself.
If you have a 12 volt power supply and a high amp power inverter, shouldn't you be able to run battery charger off of the inverter back to the battery using only 10 amps of the service and use the rest of the service to power the radio?
:confused:
Thus making a continuiously replenished power supply?

rivercrazy
02-11-2004, 01:18 PM
Here's a pic of the Honda Generator. Its very small, compact, and so quiet you can't hear it. Couple that with the benefits of a Xantrex "3 stage" automatic battery charger, minimal gas consumption, minimal weight compared to other systems, and you get a great self contained portable loudspeaker fish killer!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/17PICT0081-med.JPG
Here's a pic of the charger
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/17PICT0106-med.JPG
I am sold on this system over banks of 6 volt batteries in series or multiple 12V batteries wired in parallel. Consistently reliable power from an independant source, less weight, better battery life (due to not being discharged as far as often and 3 stage charging), not needing 110V power source to keep the batteries charged on long weekend trips, and self contained! And higher amp supply and higher battery charges = more volts/amps. More volts and amps = louder and better sounding stereo AND longer amplifer life.....
Plus! Then you have a 110V power source to power multiple blenders or any other convenience you can think of .....

mbrown2
02-11-2004, 01:34 PM
Ok after those pics, now I really mis the hot weather and the river:frown: :D :frown: :D :D :D

rivercrazy
02-11-2004, 01:42 PM
I know exactly what you mean :D :D

PerfectionDtail
02-11-2004, 01:52 PM
What about super caps? Has anyone tried these? I am thinking of a 50 farad cap.

shadow
02-11-2004, 01:55 PM
last 2 1\2 years been using 1 battery to power approx 4,000 watts all day long at wot.they are submarine batteries.fiber glass matt.no gel,down fall is have to charge all night long,and weigh about 150lbs but they don't run out.one of these batteries and two optimas to run the boat.never had a problem yet and run all day long.

rivercrazy
02-11-2004, 01:58 PM
Since capacitors are not a power source and are designed and engineered to charge and discharge in a split second, they are a drain to a boats power supply.
If the alternator or batteries cannot keep up with the power demands of the amplifers, a cap will be another drain on the power available...
Marketing gimick IMHO

Ducatista
02-11-2004, 01:58 PM
Rivercrazy that is a trick setup. Do you have any gas fume issues with the gas container, when the engine hatch is closed? Did you somehow vent the generator exhaust outside, or do you just run it with the hatch open?

PerfectionDtail
02-11-2004, 02:00 PM
If I was to run a 4500 watt system, what would be the best to power it? I was thinking of 6 of these batteries(see below), 50 farad cap, in addition to the 4 batteries already in the boat and the Honda EU200 and charger. These 6 would be for stereo only. Do I really need the generator? The 2 motors have 60 amp alternators, so they would barely charge the system (I think) and a different alternator(220 amp) is $800 which is the price of the generator. Would that alternator have different drag compared to the other motor if only 1 220 amp alternator was installed on 1 motor and the other left stock?

rivercrazy
02-11-2004, 02:00 PM
HAH! Fooled ya Duc!
Its actually MBrown's system and I've been drewling over it ever since I first saw it.
The exhaust in routed outside the transom with braided line. Not sure how much exhaust fumes are created. But given its a Honda, I doubt its significant.

BoatFloating
02-11-2004, 02:09 PM
Here is what you need. These are what they use at the stereo shops to power the 12v systems. Use this with your Honda eu2000i and your all good. Power Supply (http://www.cascadeaudio.com/prod/powersupp.html) Then all you need is 2 batteries, when this is running off the generator you don't need batteries.

PerfectionDtail
02-11-2004, 02:09 PM
What would someone run in my position? I have twin motors and a fare amount of room for batteries, but don't want an extra 350 lbs.

mbrown2
02-11-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by shadow
last 2 1\2 years been using 1 battery to power approx 4,000 watts all day long at wot.they are submarine batteries.fiber glass matt.no gel,down fall is have to charge all night long,and weigh about 150lbs but they don't run out.one of these batteries and two optimas to run the boat.never had a problem yet and run all day long.
Dam, that sub battery sounds pretty cool...150lbs translates into 4 Odyssey 1200's that will run all day (just ask X-Factor and his 4000+watt system) and run the boat and can be charged pretty quickly with a couple good chargers.......all depends how you want to skin the cat.....:D :)

Screaming Pete
02-11-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
Here's a pic of the Honda Generator. Its very small, compact, and so quiet you can't hear it. Couple that with the benefits of a Xantrex "3 stage" automatic battery charger, minimal gas consumption, minimal weight compared to other systems, and you get a great self contained portable loudspeaker fish killer!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/17PICT0081-med.JPG
Here's a pic of the charger
I am sold on this system over banks of 6 volt batteries in series or multiple 12V batteries wired in parallel. Consistently reliable power from an independant source, less weight, better battery life (due to not being discharged as far as often and 3 stage charging), not needing 110V power source to keep the batteries charged on long weekend trips, and self contained! And higher amp supply and higher battery charges = more volts/amps. More volts and amps = louder and better sounding stereo AND longer amplifer life.....
Plus! Then you have a 110V power source to power multiple blenders or any other convenience you can think of .....
Rivercrazy, How fast does that Honda push your boat upriver?LOL

rivercrazy
02-11-2004, 02:25 PM
With an Arneson surface drive connected to the generator motor, you'd be really surprised! NOT!
Actually its in MBrowns ride powered with dual outboards...

mbrown2
02-11-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by PerfectionDtail
What would someone run in my position? I have twin motors and a fare amount of room for batteries, but don't want an extra 350 lbs.
Just my take, but if I were building a twin engine I/O, I would have the following:
(2) Odyssey 1200 - one for each motor as starting batteries
(2) Odyssey 1700 - To run the system; they put out like 4 batteries..
(1) Xantrex Battery Charger to charge all the batteries, but switchable through an isolator so I could charge the 1200's or 1700's independantly...so after the day I tend the 1200's for a short time and during the day I could feed the 1700's to help with blasting and not draining as quick or at night fully re-charge them
(1) Honda EU2000 to power the Xantrex
If I was really wanting to go over the top, I would introduce a Power Supply like Boatfloating mentioned above to run parallel with the Xantrex so on the water when you really wanted to fire and forget it, kick the Honda on, run the Power supply to supply the 1700's.
I would think the system above with or without the Power supply will run all day, charge at night (which is great for Powell trips or trips where you on the water multiple days), not add a lot of unnecessary weight. As for the higher amp Alternators....Not sure how beneficial they will be...since it never seems like the engine runs long enough before Idle or floating to ever really do any good. Also, I do not run a capacitor and I am not an expert on them; they do run them in Cars though alot.

al cole'holic
02-11-2004, 02:32 PM
I have my doubts about this but would be interested in hearing more and seeing some pics..:D

Tom Brown
02-11-2004, 02:35 PM
I have my doubts about this but would be interested in hearing more and seeing some pics..:D
Yeah. Let's check these bybees out. :D

PerfectionDtail
02-11-2004, 02:35 PM
Is this the Odyssey you are talking about?
http://www.odysseyfactory.com/specs.htm
What about the SVR by Westco as well? Any idea on these? Here are the specs of their big one.
Voltage 12
Reserve Capacity 190
Amp Hour 100
CCA* 1100
Max Amps 3550
Length 12.9"
Width 6.75"
Height 8.75"
Weight 72lbs
http://www.svrbatteries.com/battery_page.php?bid=26

mbrown2
02-11-2004, 02:38 PM
As for the system I outlined above....
You would have approximately 250lbs added between the Charger, Generator and 4 batteries.

mbrown2
02-11-2004, 02:45 PM
[B]Is this the Odyssey you are talking about?
Yes, that is the Odyssey, I am talking about....Never heard of SVR before, but the specs looks good. I have found the Odyssey specs to conservative...just seems like I get more reserve minutes then they list..

Ducatista
02-11-2004, 02:48 PM
That is nice, very trick on the exhaust setup. I wonder if that gas container in the engine compartment would pass a coast guard safety inspection? A possible gas leak or gas vent fumes on a hot day might be a big problem on motor startup, if not vented or you just forgot to run the blower before turning the key. Still, that is one nice setup, very clean. I suppose putting the gas source under the seat in front of the engine bay, if room allows, might work. Either way...very nice.....I want one:cool:

dicudmore
02-11-2004, 02:53 PM
I'll stick to letting you guys be the "sandbar DJ".
Turn my system off when you get there, and carry a jump starter ($50 Costco) to make sure mine cranks at the end of the day

shadow
02-11-2004, 02:54 PM
not here to lie e summer.to you brother. no doubt.they crank all day long.go to www.lifelinebatteries.com click on about us.the big battery in the middle.looks like your typical 8d but it's got a hell of alot more horsepower.haven't let me down yet.although the generator looks sweet too.can't see going with anyting else for me at this time,haven't had a problem.

1stepcloser
02-11-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Keithb87
If you have a 12 volt power supply and a high amp power inverter, shouldn't you be able to run battery charger off of the inverter back to the battery using only 10 amps of the service and use the rest of the service to power the radio?
Thus making a continuiously replenished power supply?
Uhhh, no.
Perpetual motion. not possible.

mbrown2
02-11-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Ducatista
I wonder if that gas container in the engine compartment would pass a coast guard safety inspection? A possible gas leak or gas vent fumes on a hot day might be a big problem on motor startup, if not vented or you just forgot to run the blower before turning the key. Still, that is one nice setup, very clean. I suppose putting the gas source under the seat in front of the engine bay, if room allows, might work. Either way...very nice.....I want one:cool:
Thnx for the comment. Since it is an Outboard, that engine compartment does not house any engines other that the generator and the generator's fuel tank has not been modified from the manufacture's specs. The only thing that has been modified is the exhaust, where the exhaust extension, heat shield tubing and braided line were welded to the generator to channel fumes out side of the boat. Also, I have to open the hatch to turn the generator on so it does get vented.

mbrown2
02-11-2004, 03:03 PM
not here to lie e summer.to you brother. no doubt.they crank all day long.go to www.lifelinebatteries.com click on about us.the big battery in the middle.looks like your typical 8d but it's got a hell of alot more horsepower.haven't let me down yet.although the generator looks sweet too.can't see going with anyting else for me at this time,haven't had a problem.
Shadow, if that is your boat in your avitar pic, I always see you guys on Parker; that is where we boat as well... I have heard your system, and from what I remember it does last all day at the Sandbar...Nice setup

Tom Brown
02-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Since it is an Outboard...
That's what I thought. That looks like a Mercury oil tank and the other thing that I found odd was the extreme lack of engines in that engine bay... other than the generator, of course.

shadow
02-11-2004, 03:11 PM
yeah thats my boat. we live in havasu but as you've seen we boat in parker most of the time.and most of the time at the small sand bar.we are redoing our system as we speak.it's at wired for sound.used to be one of the best and loudest can't wait to crank the new system.adam is agood friend of mine and knows his shit when it comes to sound systems and boats.

mbrown2
02-11-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
That's what I thought. That looks like a Mercury oil tank and the other thing that I found odd was the extreme lack of engines in that engine bay... other than the generator, of course.
Just trying to keep another Brown on his toes:D ....yes, the business side is out back
Party over here
Business over here
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/17PICT0077F-med.JPG :D :D :D

mbrown2
02-11-2004, 03:13 PM
yeah thats my boat. we live in havasu but as you've seen we boat in parker most of the time.and most of the time at the small sand bar.we are redoing our system as we speak.it's at wired for sound.used to be one of the best and loudest can't wait to crank the new system.adam is agood friend of mine and knows his shit when it comes to sound systems and boats.
Your system sounds great from when I heard it....and WFS knows there shit...good luck with the re-do...and see you on the Parker strip..

Tom Brown
02-11-2004, 03:17 PM
Mbrown2, do you run both engines of a single oil tank? Does Mercury make a fitting that alows you to do that?
Just curious. :)
I know what the guys with twin 260s do... premix. :D

mbrown2
02-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Mbrown2, do you run both engines of a single oil tank?
No there is two, it was just not in that pic...it is on the other side.
Above pic (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/17PICT0080-med.JPG)

shadow
02-11-2004, 03:22 PM
thanks bro and don't look like your set up is to shabby either. looking forward to those 100+ days at the river.
shit i got to get back to work to pay for all this shit!

Ducatista
02-11-2004, 03:44 PM
Thnx for the comment. Since it is an Outboard, that engine compartment does not house any engines other that the generator and the generator's fuel tank has not been modified from the manufacture's specs. The only thing that has been modified is the exhaust, where the exhaust extension, heat shield tubing and braided line were welded to the generator to channel fumes out side of the boat. Also, I have to open the hatch to turn the generator on so it does get vented.
Outboards...that makes it perfect! The picture angles and my keen observation threw me!

phebus
02-11-2004, 03:58 PM
Now I know where the carbon monoxide is coming from. :D J/K

Havasu Hangin'
02-11-2004, 04:12 PM
...btw, 390 lbs.
...but how much do the batteries weigh?
Is your boat a 38'er yet?

rivercrazy
02-11-2004, 04:25 PM
I really like the idea of these Cascade Audio Engineering 110V AC to 12V DC converter power supplies. I'll take 2 APS-90 power supplies. That's 180 amps and easily accomodated with one Honda Generator.
That would cut down the need for mass batteries and all that weight. One Optima Group 31 battery in conjunction with 2 APS-90 power supplies could run a system full tilt all day. And with one Xantrex charger, you could recharge either the one starting battery for the motor or the one stereo battery without needing any kind of 500 foot extension cord/110V plug!
That would at least work in my case where I have 2,160 stereo watts. I figure at full tilt, I pull a maximum of 160 amps or so.
Anyone got money to loan me without any expectation of repayment? :D :D :D

al cole'holic
02-11-2004, 04:33 PM
...but how much do the batteries weigh?
Is your boat a 38'er yet?
...did I st st stutter, they weigh 390..?
Ah yes, the old size reference....guess I can look forward to that outta you for another year. But if that's all you got I guess bring it...hahaha :D

77charger
02-11-2004, 04:35 PM
I'd avoid it (if possible)...even deep cycles. Trolling motors are about the only battery that are made to abuse like that. you forgot to mention golf cart batteries for that they can take the abuse.Lead cells are made to waste the power faster but can also take a faster charge without that much damage.glof cart batts are very heavy duty but also heavier than a standard batt (about 5-10 lbs)
Your optimas are agm which dont waste as much power they let it go slower which in turn can last longer but they also incorporate lead which will give it a higher rating but rapid charges will kill the absorbed glass matt since it gives power over longer period of time it also must be charged slower or the batt will fry(yes it is common among high draw boats)more common with high output type alternators from what i have found out talkin to people who use them have been getting about a 1.5 year out of them there advantage is that they are lighter
77(gets technical with HH:D )
Jeff i can get more info if needed:)charger

Havasu Hangin'
02-11-2004, 04:36 PM
...did I st st stutter, they weigh 390..?
Well...I thought 390 was your weight these days.
... But if that's all you got I guess bring it...
No, I got more...the question is...do you want it?

Havasu Hangin'
02-11-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by 77charger
Jeff i can get more info if needed
No thanks...just some punctuation, please.

rivercrazy
02-11-2004, 04:38 PM
This thread is crackin my ass up!

shadow
02-11-2004, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the welcome RD.

al cole'holic
02-11-2004, 06:58 PM
You know the spring/summer season is coming when HH starts to get a little froggy...:D
..although he can't leap!

Havasu Hangin'
02-11-2004, 07:07 PM
You know the spring/summer season is coming when HH starts to get a little froggy...:D
..although he can't leap!
Al...our little baby all grows up!
I remember your first post like it was yesterday...
"...I put all this lead in my boat (cuz the guy I gave my money to told me to) and now it's slow! How can I make my boat faster?"
If you can't make it faster...make it bigger, I always say...

al cole'holic
02-11-2004, 07:37 PM
Al...our little baby all grows up!
I remember your first post like it was yesterday...
"...I put all this lead in my boat (cuz the guy I gave my money to told me to) and now it's slow! How can I make my boat faster?"
If you can't make it faster...make it bigger, I always say...
This coming from the head you can always find in the backseat of some dude's ride...

Havasu Hangin'
02-11-2004, 07:45 PM
This coming from the head you can always find in the backseat of some dude's ride...
You've been watchin' too many of yer movies....
...the ole Tugboat is out at Havasu quite often (I just try to avoid when you go).
In fact...I'm gonna say the ole HH Tugboat (which cost less than your stereo) would give the battery barge a run for her money.

al cole'holic
02-11-2004, 07:50 PM
You've been watchin' too many of yer movies....
...the ole Tugboat is out at Havasu quite often (I just try to avoid when you go).
In fact...I'm gonna say the ole HH Tugboat (which cost less than your stereo) would give the battery barge a run for her money.
...now your talkin :D
The next time you inflate the HH tug and drop 'er in I'll put that question to rest.

Havasu Hangin'
02-11-2004, 07:53 PM
..The next time you inflate the HH tug and drop 'er in I'll put that question to rest.
Al...are you feeling alright? High fever? You actually posted something funny!
However, I know you are used to blowing things up (sampling the merchandise)...
...but the ole HH Tugboat gets me blown...not the other way around.

mbrown2
02-11-2004, 07:55 PM
At least its not a boring night on the board...pass the popcorn...
You guys are kill'n me over here.:D

al cole'holic
02-11-2004, 08:04 PM
Al...are you feeling alright? High fever? You actually posted something funny!
However, I know you are used to blowing things up (sampling the merchandise)...
...but the ole HH Tugboat gets me blown...not the other way around.
You must not remember to much of my past posts, but I sample all merchandise...kind of a QC thing.
Wait a minute, if the HH tug gets you blow you can keep them kinda broads all to yourself...no wonder we don't see the HH tug much!

Havasu Hangin'
02-11-2004, 08:12 PM
...if the HH tug gets you blow you can keep them kinda broads all to yourself...
Well...what happens at the river...stays at the river.
However...I will say that at least there's no "size issue" on HH Tugboat (no "bigger decals" needed).

al cole'holic
02-11-2004, 08:46 PM
Well...what happens at the river...stays at the river.
However...I will say that at least there's no "size issue" on HH Tugboat (no "bigger decals" needed).
For your sake, that's a good place to keep it yo.
With the HH tug gettin you blown you may need to institute a "size issue" (as in weight limit)...

al cole'holic
02-11-2004, 08:57 PM
..you may wanna put that popcorn away bud.:D

77charger
02-11-2004, 09:02 PM
No thanks...just some punctuation, please. :confused: I dont know much about computer and suck at typing:D I am apeck typer.I only know boat driving and some engine building:D

rivercrazy
02-11-2004, 09:45 PM
LMAO. I remember those conversations like it was yesterday. The good ole days too.
Didn't Alcoleholic melt the solder off his PPI amps?
I also remember someone recommending freeze dried beer. Just add water!:D
As for the HHTugboat at the river. I've yet to see it! Many times in other dude's DCB's! And once I saw him there in a stolen DCB! LOL!:D

Havasu Hangin'
02-12-2004, 04:22 AM
With the HH tug gettin you blown you may need to institute a "size issue" (as in weight limit)...
No worries there...you've got the Havasu Heffer market covered (with 390 lbs of lead onboard...nobody even noticed the 700 lbs between both the women on the battery barge)....
You must not remember to much of my past posts, but I sample all merchandise...kind of a QC thing.
If you sample all the merchandise...I guess we'll know you didn't use enough lube with the Ron Jeremy "toy" when you switch to stand-up bolsters....
Originally posted by 77charger
I only know boat driving and some engine building:D
So by your own admission...you don't know shit about batteries. Very shocking.
As for the HH Tugboat at the river. I've yet to see it! Many times in other dude's DCB's! And once I saw him there in a stolen DCB!
You really wanna get involved in this? I haven't mailed the check yet...

rivercrazy
02-12-2004, 09:32 AM
You really wanna get involved in this? I haven't mailed the check yet...
Man that is a nice DCB! I wonder who is driving it! LOL! :D Must have had a bigger stereo in it than the HH portable Sandbar DJ Mobile!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/8021LSSandbar-med.jpg
Didn't you know I'm a hard money lender (better watch out cause Guido does my collections for me)! Well hell, at least your honest. I usually hear the opposite....

al cole'holic
02-12-2004, 12:33 PM
No worries there...you've got the Havasu Heffer market covered (with 390 lbs of lead onboard...nobody even noticed the 700 lbs between both the women on the battery barge)....
If you sample all the merchandise...I guess we'll know you didn't use enough lube with the Ron Jeremy "toy" when you switch to stand-up bolsters....
Hey look who got a good nights rest and thinks he's ready to try to be froggy again...
HH, if you think I should feel in any way embarassed or something about having 390 lbs of lead and the ability to move 17 raging people to the sandbar, then by all means...you got me dude.
Oh yeah, btw I am usually the fattest "heffer" on the boat and I weigh in at a whopping 198 bud...
...the sampling the merchandise come back.....stupid man, try again.

ROZ
02-12-2004, 12:40 PM
Alright, Who is the "official" highjacker of this thread...lol

clownpuncher
02-12-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
Alright, Who is the "official" highjacker of this thread...lol
I think it went sideways right towards the end of page 1:p

plumb crazy
02-12-2004, 01:41 PM
how about a solor pannel or a big wind mill or a hand genarator. lol just kidding just having fun.

CA Stu
02-12-2004, 01:46 PM
Ahh **** it. I'm just going to take up Opera Singing ;)
Thanks
CA Stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Havasu Hangin'
02-12-2004, 09:19 PM
...and the ability to move 17 raging people to the sandbar, then by all means...you got me dude.
Hey Al...you need to lighten up (literally).
If you wanna party with 17 flaming...er..."raging"....people go right ahead (not that there's anything wrong with that).
That's not my cup of tea...but whatever floats your boat (or sinks it, in your case). I'll stick to women.
Dude.

al cole'holic
02-13-2004, 09:55 AM
Hey Al...you need to lighten up (literally).
If you wanna party with 17 flaming...er..."raging"....people go right ahead (not that there's anything wrong with that).
That's not my cup of tea...but whatever floats your boat (or sinks it, in your case). I'll stick to women.
Dude.
...it really took you that long to come up with that?
Listen here "Havasu Hangin'inthebackseat", I think there are several people around here that laughin at your ass with comments like that. You'll stick to women?? What women bro...? Do us all a favor, go back to holding the camera and posting crap about other people's boats you have been on and keep us updated on their shit breaking or what they are doin....

ROZ
02-13-2004, 09:59 AM
I'll take that popcorn now... :D ;)

Havasu Hangin'
02-13-2004, 12:01 PM
...it really took you that long to come up with that?
Sorry, Mr. PP (Porn Peddler)...I don't get on here as often as I'd like.
Do us all a favor, go back to holding the camera and posting crap about other people's boats you have been on and keep us updated on their shit breaking or what they are doin....
Well...when we passed you, I thought you were broken down...so I guess I could have snapped a pic or your dead-in-the-water ass...
...turns out...that was full speed. Go figure. I guess the boatload of West Hollywood residents weighs more than most people realize.
As for me being in other people's boats...oh you are the witty one. Yes, I am in other peoples boats (as well as mine). However, you probably don't know what it's like to have friends...so you probably can't relate to that.

JetBoatRich
02-13-2004, 12:06 PM
what was the original question again:confused:

al cole'holic
02-13-2004, 12:41 PM
Sorry, Mr. PP (Porn Peddler)...I don't get on here as often as I'd like.
Well...when we passed you, I thought you were broken down...so I guess I could have snapped a pic or your dead-in-the-water ass...
...turns out...that was full speed. Go figure. I guess the boatload of West Hollywood residents weighs more than most people realize.
As for me being in other people's boats...oh you are the witty one. Yes, I am in other peoples boats (as well as mine). However, you probably don't know what it's like to have friends...so you probably can't relate to that.
..dude, your posts are gettin worse by the minute. You are really reaching for something good to say but...just....can't......quite.......grab it.
It was better when I thought you were doing that "ignore the thread and it will go away" thing.
C'mon Havasu Hav'noboat, since you always need to be in the backseat I wanna give you the open invite to sit bitch the way you like it on the ColeCaine...this way you can get your little camera and take notes and come back to the board like you do with all your other posts and let everyone know the how it feels to be onboard with a shitload of my crew of ladies and the boyz instead of the rides I usually spot you back seat in with all sausages showing me how fast a bunch of dudes can pass me....once again dude, you got me.
Oh yea, if I ever feel the need to come on here and brag about SOMEONE ELSE's boat doin over 100 or whatever the **** you like I will spend my time backseat to mbrown2 or Dennis26...these are my boyz, and we don't bring it Oscar Meyer style as you like it...

ROZ
02-13-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
This is actually getting pretty good up in here.. LOL :D
RD
Yup, and if you're lucky it will cure the common cold :D

rivercrazy
02-13-2004, 01:42 PM
Dahmmmm. And I thought they were only kidding up until a few posts ago. Now I feel bad about instigating! :D

1stepcloser
02-13-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by....I forgot, and it really dosent matter now anyway.
Best way to power a big amp boat stereo?
What is the best way to make sure that after an all day jam sesh at Sandbar you can still fire up your boat and drive it on back home?
Holy cow!! I am truly impressed with the way this thread has gone.:)
I had no idea that HH and AC were so close.
I need to stay on top of this place better, I miss so much when I step out.:(
On with the show!!!:cool:

al cole'holic
02-13-2004, 02:03 PM
Dahmmmm. And I thought they were only kidding up until a few posts ago. Now I feel bad about instigating! :D
...there there, don't feel bad. Just laying the smack down on his broke ass, but he refuses to stay down. He's got heart I'll give him that. :D

Havasu Hangin'
02-13-2004, 03:18 PM
..dude, your posts are gettin worse by the minute. You are really reaching for something good to say but...
Hey little buddy...you need to lighten up!
It's true...I do spend alot of time on my friends boats. Unlike you, I don't need the "come hang on my boat cuz I got no friends any other way" attitude.
Looking at your posts...you seem to spend alot of time talkin' about other shit (like sellin' other people's boats)...but I never hear about you ever being at the river! Maybe you just park the battery barge in West Hollywood and crank up the Kraco soundsystem (that you overpaid for)...
...save the trip to Havasu...there are women out there.
I've noticed you are spending alot of time at the computer these days? Shouldn't you put your trenchcoat on and go comb (SPAM) the elementary schools for someone to buy your "Valentines Day gifts"?

al cole'holic
02-13-2004, 03:38 PM
Hey little buddy...you need to lighten up!
It's true...I do spend alot of time on my friends boats. Unlike you, I don't need the "come hang on my boat cuz I got no friends any other way" attitude.
Looking at your posts...you seem to spend alot of time talkin' about other shit (like sellin' other people's boats)...but I never hear about you ever being at the river! Maybe you just park the battery barge in West Hollywodd and crank up the Kraco soundsystem (that you overpaid for)...
...save the trip to Havasu...there are women out there.
I've noticed you are spending alot of time at the computer these days? Shouldn't you put your trenchcoat on and go comb (SPAM) the elementary schools for someone to buy your "Valentines Day gifts"?
No worries dude, I will lighten up as soon as you can stop coming out with these retarded posts bro...
Puttin the word out about boats for sale is talking about other shit...? I have sold more than a few boats thanks to the networking of this site...
You never hear about me at the river, and I crank up the Kraco....:confused: I think we have already seen what my Kraco can do, and you have already pointed out the similarity (or lack there of) of my Kraco system in relationship to the value of your boat in an earlier post. Either way, more stupid comments by your ass...
As far as your last stupid comment, I won't even go there due to the nature of my business and the reference you make as that is not a joke in this industry....
...give up dude, you can't go on too much longer and continue to bury yourself any further.

al cole'holic
02-13-2004, 03:50 PM
So well into Round 6 I'm scoring it
AlColeHolic : 7
Havasu Hangin : 6
RD <---- still laughing over
but HH has been nice and hasn't even gotten into the soundbites, .mpegs, and .jpg's yet.. This is where Alcoleholic won't be able to go the distance IMO.
7 - 6..?
I think the fix is in and swingin towards the DCwannaB guy...

Havasu Hangin'
02-13-2004, 03:51 PM
No worries dude, I will lighten up as soon as you can stop coming out with these retarded posts bro...
Well then I apologize. I thought you could take a joke (I've been onboard your boat)
I think we have already seen what my Kraco can do, and you have already pointed out the similarity (or lack there of) of my Kraco system in relationship to the value of your boat in an earlier post.
That's right...I've heard your "system". Even if my boat is only worth $5K...you still overpaid.
...that is not a joke in this industry....
No matter what industry, if you can't laugh at yourself...then you should get out. Maybe you are getting in touch with you feminine side? Feeling a little bloated today? A little cranky?
As for the offer on ColeCrack...I'd be honored, but you gotta ditch the West Hollywood crew. Most of the crowd I hang around don't care what it says on the side of the boat...
PS- You forgot, "I am paper, you are glue..."

Havasu Hangin'
02-13-2004, 03:58 PM
So was that another shot or an attempt to smooth things over?
At least he owns a boat.
You want some?

JetBoatRich
02-13-2004, 03:58 PM
So was that another shot or an attempt to smooth things over?
RD <----:confused:
I thought you were here to smooth things over:rolleyes:

JetBoatRich
02-13-2004, 03:59 PM
At least he owns a boat.
You want some?
we have to own a boat to be on here:yuk:

Jordy
02-13-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
we have to own a boat to be on here:yuk:
Apparently not. MMD doesn't own a boat and he hangs out here. You do, however, have to own a boat to be on RRL. There's the problem. ;) :D

JetBoatRich
02-13-2004, 04:01 PM
Man who told you that shit?? Where have you been the last 2 or 3 years? I smooth nothing... nothing over. :D I usually dip the ole spoon in and give it a stir every now and again to keep the momentum up. :D
RD
Sorry Dave I am new here:(

rivercrazy
02-13-2004, 04:02 PM
ROFLMFAO!!!!!!! long pause..... Still ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!
:D :D :D

JetBoatRich
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
Apparently not. MMD doesn't own a boat and he hangs out here. You do, however, have to own a boat to be on RRL. There's the problem. ;) :D
well than I think I am ok, does it have to have a motor in it:confused:

Jordy
Now why ya gotta go bringing that shit up Jordy? and then throwing the board name in there with it??
Your just itchin for some good ole fashion Cabin Fever winter time threads aren't ya?
RD :D
Hey, it gets brought up everyday. I'm not doing anything new here. :rolleyes:

JetBoatRich
02-13-2004, 04:03 PM
Yeah... right. :D That's why your the #1 poster on ***boat!! :D (I'm glad I can use that line nowdays.. LOL :D
RD
Your #1 in my book Dave

Havasu Hangin'
Hey I own a boat... even if it is the size of a row boat, I own it..
You're right...my bad.
"At least he owns a boat that is bigger than his bathtub..."

ROZ
:jawdrop:

Havasu Hangin'
02-13-2004, 04:05 PM
"At least he owns a boat that is bigger than his bathtub..."
Wait..."at least he owns a boat that is bigger than his daddy's bathtub..."

rivercrazy
02-13-2004, 04:05 PM
I swear, this is some of the funniest shit I seen on this board for a least a few years! :D :D :D :D :D

Jordy
02-13-2004, 04:06 PM
'
Yeah but what does it mean when it gets brought up everyday by you? :D :D
RD <--- ok now I'm just talkin shit
I haven't said anything about it for at least a week.
Jordy <-------just sittin' here shakin' his head. :p :D

Havasu Hangin'
02-13-2004, 04:10 PM
Ya know I would think you n Cole Cain should be close buds in all that being that your boat is the one they used in all that 70's porn.. One would think their'd be some profesional courtesy there or something..
Uh...Dave. Just between me and you? My boat was built in the 80's.
A good rule of thumb is that if you have to explain the joke...it wasn't that funny.

ROZ
02-13-2004, 04:11 PM
Uh...Dave. Just between me and you? My boat was built in the 80's.
A good rule of thumb is that if you have to explain the joke...it wasn't that funny.
I think there's a joke in there somewhere.....:D

Havasu Hangin'
02-13-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
I think there's a joke in there somewhere....
Man..the "joke camouflage" button works really well...

Havasu Hangin'
02-13-2004, 04:16 PM
Jesus really?
RD :confused: <--- woulda never guessed it by the pictures :D
That was closer...but you still missed.
Also, talking in the third person will always hinder the execution.

clownpuncher
02-13-2004, 04:16 PM
Am I seein things? Or did this thread just get jacked, again :p

Jordy
02-13-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by clownpuncher
Am I seein things? Or did this thread just get jacked, again :p
I don't think it really ever stopped being jacked from the first jacking... :D

ROZ
02-13-2004, 04:18 PM
That was closer...but you still missed.
Also, talking in the third person will always hinder the execution.
One woulda never guessed it by the pictures ...
There you go RD.. I just saved your life...for a little while atleast :D

Havasu Hangin'
02-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
What kind of boat do you have, again?

Jordy
02-13-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
There you go RD :D
Actually, I think it would be better like:
I woulda never guessed it by the pictures... ;)

rivercrazy
02-13-2004, 04:20 PM
HH is an equal opportunity Banger today! :D

ROZ
02-13-2004, 04:20 PM
What kind of boat do you have, again?
It's now a hole in the ground that holds 30000 gallons of water...
Atleast I don't have to mow the lawn anymore ....

rivercrazy
02-13-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
What do you own the parker strip now? LMAO! :D

ROZ
02-13-2004, 04:22 PM
What do you own the parker strip now? LMAO! :D
I thought Dave owned the river :D

rivercrazy
02-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Well if he woulda said 5 gallons we all know he woulda been talking about needles..
Well since its about 35 miles long, maybe it gets it closer to the 30,000 gallons! And just remember when I piss in Needles your swimmin in it in Parker! :D

Havasu Hangin'
02-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
Two observations:
1. Is this the "Hot Pool Forums"?
2. When installing a system in your "boat", I recommend marine components.

ROZ
02-13-2004, 04:25 PM
I don't get it... :confused:
RD
There was a joke in there somewhere, but I couldnt even explain it. So, I changed it to you owning the river... A subject we haven't touched on in quite a while...:D

ROZ
02-13-2004, 04:27 PM
Two observations:
1. Is this the "Hot Pool Forums"?
2. When installing a system in your "boat", I recommend marine components.
:D

rivercrazy
02-13-2004, 04:28 PM
Probably more like Frigid Pool Forums....

rivercrazy
02-13-2004, 04:29 PM
Problem is, I know where they all are. I think:p
And I'm just doing my part to try and keep Parker filled so you won't have to venture farther north were boating sucks!

rivercrazy
02-13-2004, 04:32 PM
Its just a matter of time......

rivercrazy
02-13-2004, 04:34 PM
If you mean I will look like you, I'll trade for a jet then! J/K LOL! :D

al cole'holic
02-13-2004, 04:38 PM
..yes this thread did get hijacked again :D
This has been the single most amusing discussions in a very long time...since them old ChestahCheetah days way back. How quick the pages got up this high...

al cole'holic
02-13-2004, 04:45 PM
Well then I apologize. I thought you could take a joke (I've been onboard your boat)
That's right...I've heard your "system". Even if my boat is only worth $5K...you still overpaid.
No matter what industry, if you can't laugh at yourself...then you should get out. Maybe you are getting in touch with you feminine side? Feeling a little bloated today? A little cranky?
As for the offer on ColeCrack...I'd be honored, but you gotta ditch the West Hollywood crew. Most of the crowd I hang around don't care what it says on the side of the boat...
PS- You forgot, "I am paper, you are glue..."
..forgot to respond to this crap..
I don't really recall giving you a complete list of the components that makes up the "OP6 Best Stereo" (:D ) title Kraco system so I really don't think you are in any position to tell me I overpaid...and anyway by what standard? Tell your boy he overpaid cause I couldn't hear that shit...
Most of the crowd I hang out with are not into the bathhouse boys club racing scene...

al cole'holic
02-13-2004, 04:46 PM
Is that a sentance? Is it suppose to read..
Sorry RD if you couldn't read my sentenanence....I meant how quickly the page count got up to almost 10 already.

Havasu Hangin'
02-13-2004, 05:12 PM
I don't really recall giving you a complete list of the components that makes up the "OP6 Best Stereo" ...
All I noticed was a couple group 27's, some distorting mid-bass, and alot of melting solder off those PPI amps.
Overpaid (unless you paid in dildos).
With all that extra money you could have bought a few more friends and some stickers to make your boat even bigger.
Most of the crowd I hang out with are not into the bathhouse boys club racing scene...
I know you bathhouse boys don't race...I've seen how fast your boat is.

JetBoatRich
02-13-2004, 05:15 PM
I was gone for a few minutes, did I miss anything:confused:
Can I get a summary of what happened:eek:

al cole'holic
02-13-2004, 05:39 PM
All I noticed was a couple group 27's, some distorting mid-bass, and alot of melting solder off those PPI amps.
Overpaid (unless you paid in dildos).
With all that extra money you could have bought a few more friends and some stickers to make your boat even bigger.
I know you bathhouse boys don't race...I've seen how fast your boat is.
...hahahahaahahaha, distorting midbass...thats funny dude! It may sound a little different coming from the HH plug with it's Kenwood 6x9's to a real JL W3 sound system...
..with all the extra money I could just not have a boat and chill Havau Hangin'backseat on someone else's ride all the time. FYI, the only stickers I run are the lake passes...everything else is c/o Mike VanDitto Painting (you may call that SPAM) who did the CF numbers and the 300S World Class on all that came out for Cole.
I don't really think I am mistaken for the bathhouse at any outing..

JetBoatRich
02-13-2004, 05:53 PM
will this improve my speeds 3-5 MPH:rolleyes:

Havasu Hangin'
02-14-2004, 07:33 AM
...hahahahaahahaha, distorting midbass...thats funny dude! It may sound a little different coming from the HH plug with it's Kenwood 6x9's to a real JL W3 sound system...
Hey Al...if I overpaid as much as you did (even in dildos)...I'd be asking them to fix that stuff. The only thing that sounded worse than your midbass was your engine!
..with all the extra money I could just not have a boat and chill Havau Hangin'backseat on someone else's ride all the time.
Now partner...as long as you change your homosexual ways...your welcome on my boat anytime. You'll even get to hear what a good system sounds like.
...everything else is paint...
Glad to hear it. I'd hate for you to go to all the trouble of buying ColeCrack (a 28' boat), and upgrading the length (with a decal), only to have it rub off.
Does it handle better now in rough water with the "30SS" paint?
If you paint 1,000 HP on the side, do you think it'll break 55MPH?

al cole'holic
02-14-2004, 10:13 AM
Hey Al...if I overpaid as much as you did (even in dildos)...I'd be asking them to fix that stuff. The only thing that sounded worse than your midbass was your engine!
Now partner...as long as you change your homosexual ways...your welcome on my boat anytime. You'll even get to hear what a good system sounds like.
Glad to hear it. I'd hate for you to go to all the trouble of buying ColeCrack (a 28' boat), and upgrading the length (with a decal), only to have it rub off.
Does it handle better now in rough water with the "30SS" paint?
If you paint 1,000 HP on the side, do you think it'll break 55MPH?
...mornin kook :D
Bro, if you could afford as much I put into that system you would still be HHangin'backseat with a pad and a pen.
If I really thought you had a boat I would take you up on that offer. Are you inviting me on someone else's boat? Maybe you ought to check with the bathhouse boys before you try to add one more to the crew..
Do I really need to break 55MPH to see you? Let me know how fast I need to be when you figure out whose ride you'll be on. Care to place a side bet....?

Havasu Hangin'
02-14-2004, 10:43 AM
...Bro, if you could afford as much I put into that system...
The scary thing is that I could afford that system...I'm just not dumb enough to pay that amount.
So you pay to have your stereo distort, melt amps, and make your boat slower? Better make some more dildos...
...If I really thought you had a boat I would take you up on that offer.
That's cool, bro. You probably wouldn't want to be seen on my boat without me painting "38SS" on the side. Unlike you, I don't have a size issue...so that'll never happen.
BTW, this is the "Hot Boat" Forums...not the "who's got the chip hookup" forums...or the "let's see how much SPAM I can polute this place with" forums.
So far, the only thing hot on your boat is the amps (and all you did is write a check...too much, I might add). I don't see you alot in the tech section- but then again, there's not alot of questions about "how to repair a dildo" in here...
We'll have to get together for a beer in the channel one day this summer. Although, since you're only 6'2" 198lbs, I may be tempted to set my beer on your head...but I'll try to behave.

al cole'holic
02-14-2004, 11:01 AM
The scary thing is that I could afford that system...I'm just not dumb enough to pay that amount.
So you pay to have your stereo distort, melt amps, and make your boat slower? Better make some more dildos...
That's cool, bro. You probably wouldn't want to be seen on my boat without me painting "38SS" on the side. Unlike you, I don't have a size issue...so that'll never happen.
BTW, this is the "Hot Boat" Forums...not the "who's got the chip hookup" forums...or the "let's see how much SPAM I can polute this place with" forums.
So far, the only thing hot on your boat is the amps (and all you did is write a check...too much, I might add). I don't see you alot in the tech section- but then again, there's not alot of questions about "how to repair a dildo" in here...
We'll have to get together for a beer in the channel one day this summer. Although, since you're only 6'2" 198lbs, I may be tempted to set my beer on your head...but I'll try to behave.
That's usually the answer that comes out when someone questions someone else's funds...or lack there of.
I pretty much paid to have a system completely tear up any system in your sausage crew...so I think you know I got my monies worth, regardless of how many amps PPI comes TO MY DOORSTEP to replace.
All 4 amps are always hot on my boat when they are killin' you fools. Writing checks for too much? Tell me how it feels to stress out every time you write a check, cause in the dildo world I don't have much experience with that...
I told you last year we would have a beer together in the channel but it never happened. But when you start attacking me personally...bro I have seen your lanky ass giligan gangster lean, if this is your way of drawing a line in the sand I would have no problems crossing it Havasu Hangin'backseat....

Havasu Hangin'
02-14-2004, 11:18 AM
I pretty much paid to have a system completely tear up any system...
Yeah...those Bayliners are trembling on their trailers right now...
...cause in the dildo world I don't have much experience with that...
Yeah...you don't seem to have much experience with boats, either. SPAM...that's another story.
...But when you start attacking me personally...
If you look at my first post...it stated that you were complaining about how your boat slowed down when you added all the batteries. You said that...not me. I just re-posted what you were complaining about.
Then you come on here calling me and my boat names...so who got personal first?
Now it seems you have your little "Valentines Day Gift Panties" in a wad over something you yourself said. Go figure. I guess you don't have to be the sharpest tool in the shed to be in the dildo business.
...bro I have seen your lanky ass giligan gangster lean...
Last I checked...I have a few inches and 45lbs on you...so if I'm Gilligan...I guess you're Mary Ann.

Tom Brown
02-14-2004, 11:35 AM
Happy Valentine's day, everyone. :)

al cole'holic
02-14-2004, 11:36 AM
Yeah...those Bayliners are trembling on their trailers right now...
Yeah...you don't seem to have much experience with boats, either. SPAM...that's another story.
If you look at my first post...it stated that you were complaining about how your boat slowed down when you added all the batteries. You said that...not me. I just re-posted what you were complaining about.
Then you come on here calling me and my boat names...so who got personal first?
Now it seems you have your little "Valentines Day Gift Panties" in a wad over something you yourself said. Go figure. I guess you don't have to be the sharpest tool in the shed to be in the dildo business.
Last I checked...I have a few inches and 45lbs on you...so if I'm Gilligan...I guess you're Mary Ann.
Funny, I didn't see you Havasu Hangin'backseat in a Bayliner at the last OP6..
I tried to look at some previous posts but it seems you have done some editing...anyway...I am sure if you added 350 pounds of lead to the HH TugPlug, she'd do a little more than slow down and you'd be bailing water....if you ever had her out that is.
The only tool I see here is you with your broke ass comments throughout this entire book of a thread....envy green is not a good color on you.
Bro, you can add 55 more pounds on me if it makes you look good in the sentence...I still have no problem crossing that line you are drawing.

al cole'holic
02-14-2004, 11:39 AM
..oh yea forgot, happy Valentines Day! Hangin'backseat, I am gonna throw out a SPAM for ya...come down to our store today and I will give a few blowup dolls, this way if you ever do bring that HH TugSlug to the water this year you can truly say it gets you blown...:D

Tom Brown
02-14-2004, 11:43 AM
What's the best way to power one of those big amp boat stereos? :confused:

al cole'holic
02-14-2004, 11:47 AM
What's the best way to power one of those big amp boat stereos? :confused:
..with batteries :D
That was easy, wtf happened....?

Havasu Hangin'
02-14-2004, 01:49 PM
I tried to look at some previous posts but it seems you have done some editing...
Easy, Mary Ann...no editing here.
..I am sure if you added 350 pounds of lead to the HH TugPlug, she'd do a little more than slow down...
Finally...you got the point of my first post. You're quick...have you always been this quick, or is it something new?
..envy green is not a good color on you.
You're right...that's why I don't use it. Can you say the same for those guys with 30' boats?

ROZ
02-14-2004, 09:34 PM
So, 6volt batteries, or 2 12's with a charger and generator? :D

Tom Brown
02-14-2004, 09:40 PM
Get ready to beat me up and take my lunch money but...
One of the things I like about Optimas (or any GEL) is that they are nice and clean. No acid to spill and no fluid to maintain or boil off when you're hammering them hard. The terminals don't even corode.
Those golf cart batteries are probably closer to the right electrical application for a stereo, though.
Lead acid batteries... ick! :D
Why do I feel like a chick who needs to find a nice clean rest stop to pull into and pee?

ROZ
02-14-2004, 09:57 PM
Get ready to beat me up and take my lunch money but...
One of the things I like about Optimas (or any GEL) is that they are nice and clean. No acid to spill and no fluid to maintain or boil off when you're hammering them hard. The terminals don't even corode.
Those golf cart batteries are probably closer to the right electrical application for a stereo, though.
Lead acid batteries... ick! :D
Why do I feel like a chick who needs to find a nice clean rest stop to pull into and pee?
I agree with ya there, Tom.... You do look like you need to find a clean rest stop :D
But really, If really want to play all day, I think the 6v's are the way to go if you don't mind the extra weight and charging batteries over night with the right amount of juice going into them...
As riverlazy once said, "there's more than one way to kill fish.":cool:

rivercrazy
02-18-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by ROZ
As riverlazy once said, "there's more than one way to kill fish.":cool:
My wife says I sometimes resemble the Riverlazy comment! LOL! And by all means kill fish anyway you feel appropriate. Spilling lead/acid over the side would be another way! I also hear those Volvo outdrives are another fish killer. Aren't there many of Volvo lowers at the bottom of the lake???:D