PDA

View Full Version : carrera 257 party effect

boater
01-30-2004, 10:12 PM
Im looking at buying a carrera 257 party effect does anyone have any first hand experience good or bad ???

MagicMtnDan
01-30-2004, 10:40 PM
You do know there's one for sale on the boards here:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/372my_boat1-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/372DSC00028a-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/372DSC00009a-med.jpg
Click here to see the thread with details and pricing on this awesome boat (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3039&perpage=25&pagenumber=1)

phebus
01-30-2004, 10:42 PM
Here you go, hell of a deal.
Carrera 257 (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3039)

BoatFloating
01-31-2004, 02:15 AM
Boater I Pm'd you but n reponse. Here is my number 619-971-9929

boater
01-31-2004, 07:25 AM
You have a very nice boat and a lot of nice extras I have actualy looked at it at carrera. But just my oppinion I thought the price was a little high since talking to the guys there they qoated me the exact same price on a brand new one. Sorry i'm sure it will sell.

BoatFloating
01-31-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by boater
You have a very nice boat and a lot of nice extras I have actualy looked at it at carrera. But just my oppinion I thought the price was a little high since talking to the guys there they qoated me the exact same price on a brand new one. Sorry i'm sure it will sell.
Carrera is the one that gave me the figure of what I should sell it at. The price they qoute you on a new one is without the extras I have on mine. Replacement value on mine is about $90K. And again you have a asking price and a selling price all you do is have to ask.

TCHB
01-31-2004, 05:17 PM
Nice boat! How does it compare to the Magic and Conquest in rough water?

Havasu Hangin'
01-31-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by TCHB
Nice boat! How does it compare to the Magic and Conquest in rough water?
How would he know? There's no rough water from the ramp to the channel...

Three Days Only
01-31-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
LMAO:D

6 Dollar Boat
02-01-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
HH - Stirrin' the pot.
BF's boat is sweet, it handles rough water as well as any cat its size. Great boat to party on or around.
6$ - Almost to100

bigq
02-01-2004, 08:30 AM
I think you need to price it apples for apples. Right off the bat i can see you need to add the motor upgrade with the procharger, Mercury smartcraft (sweet) and from the pictures a few thousand in stereo equipment. I have never seen this boat in person, but unless Carrera has dropped there price about 20k I find it hard to believe you could get the same thing new for the same price.

boater
02-01-2004, 08:55 AM
Your right i wasn't comparing the motor upgrade, smart gauges ,or stereo I was going by new with a 496ho compared to 3 years old. I know the guys at carrera a trying to sell new boats and make money but they said it was over priced. Sorry if I offended anyone didn't meen to.

bigq
02-01-2004, 10:50 AM
Don't think you offended anyone, just wanted to point out the cost difference and you said it yourself, the sales guy wants to sell you a new boat. just trying to help.:D

Relaxalot
02-01-2004, 11:50 AM
I bought a 2001 Carrera Party Effect last summer. So far, I am very happy with it. This thing runs GREAT though the rough water. The faster you go the better the ride. This hull is fast and loves rough water.The only thing I wish it had more motor. The current engine is a 454 mag (385hp) It runs 65 mph. The hull starts handling really well at 50 mph when it starts to get some air under it. One of buddy's has the same boat with a procharged 454 mag and ...... That's more like it!! I am currently shopping for a whipple charger, heads, exhaust system to bolt on some more power. If anyone out there has some engine ideas, let's have em. I want to get closer to mid 70's low 80's so I can cruise at 60-65 instead of being balls out. I would definately buy the same boat again. BTW, insurance is affordable because it is a deck boat. 500.00 a year.

BoatFloating
02-02-2004, 10:40 PM
Your right i wasn't comparing the motor upgrade, smart gauges ,or stereo I was going by new with a 496ho compared to 3 years old. I know the guys at carrera a trying to sell new boats and make money but they said it was over priced. Sorry if I offended anyone didn't meen to.
No offense taken. The guys at Carrera get no money from selling my boat but they make money selling a new one so you can do the math and since I will be buying it from a different salesperson you dealt with he really has nothing to gain. I just find it funny that they said it was over priced since they booked it out. The flyer at Carrera has it for $68,500 and I'll let it go for $63,000. Like I said $95K is replacement value new, I'm $32K lower than that and register it AZ and pay no sales tax. There is another one for sale in FL and it's a 1999 and the price is $69,995 so I know I'm in the ballpark. Look Here (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/0/0/64028500.htm)
I think you need to price it apples for apples. Right off the bat i can see you need to add the motor upgrade with the procharger, Mercury smartcraft (sweet) and from the pictures a few thousand in stereo equipment. I have never seen this boat in person, but unless Carrera has dropped there price about 20k I find it hard to believe you could get the same thing new for the same price.
Bigq, thanks for all your nice words on my boat. You hit it on the head with apples to apples. There is a ton on the boat that you don't see that are upgrades. The price you get from Carrera only scratches the surface of what my boat has. Once you get the price and you buy the boat then during the build process then you'll find oh! I need this what about that and oh! I forgot that and so on.
If you buy a new one with the 496HO you will be disappointed as I was, like Rexalot said the hull loves speed in rough water to start airing the hull out. So if you buy a new one good luck you'll love the boat, but go with the HP500 at the least.
Thanks HH, I'll have you know it does get rough going from the Windsor to Channel. Unlike you I don't launch from LHM and cruise thru 5mph zone
:wink: I have a couple of friends with Conquests and it rides as well as theirs in rough water no problem. I don't know about a Magic since I don't know anybody who owns one and have not ridden in one yet but I'm sure it's as good since the Conquest and Magic are pretty close in bottom design.