PDA

View Full Version : Play guitar.

HCS
01-30-2004, 10:41 PM
No comment. :D
http://www.deanguitars.com/namm04_shows/girls/DSC_0731_jpg.jpg

Tom Brown
01-30-2004, 10:45 PM
Forget all about that macho shit and learn how to play guitar.

HCS
01-30-2004, 10:48 PM
:D :D :D
http://www.deanguitars.com/namm04_shows/girls/dsc_0460_jpg.jpg

NorCal Gameshow
01-30-2004, 10:50 PM
no comment needed ....picture says a thousand comments...:D

LASERRAY
01-30-2004, 10:51 PM
All you need is three chords, and the girls are yours.:cool: :cool: :cool:

HCS
01-30-2004, 10:51 PM
Actually I do have a comment......We could attack their forum!:D

Dr. Eagle
01-30-2004, 10:52 PM
Hmmmm
I'd like to show her a chord or two to play on my er um uh guitar neck...

NorCal Gameshow
01-30-2004, 10:59 PM
my kid has been bugging me for a guitar... what's a good starter?
where's a good place to get one in sac town

HCS
01-30-2004, 11:07 PM
No wander he wants to play guitar.:D
I believe it's Guitar Center that has all the killer deals.
I may make it by there Sunday morning, they have a
big "sale this weekend" 916-922-2132

NorCal Gameshow
01-30-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
No wander he wants to play guitar.:D
I believe it's Guitar Center that has all the killer deals.
I may make it by there Sunday morning, they have a
big "sale this weekend" 916-922-2132
damn, i'll be in so-cal the weekend ...

HCS
01-30-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by NorCal Gameshow
damn, i'll be in so-cal the weekend ...
:D :D :D :D

NashvilleBound
01-31-2004, 09:22 AM
Go to guitar center, to start, and fit him to a guitar. Always remember you get what you pay for. I went through about 6 guitars till I realized that. If its going to be short term rent one till he commits. You know how kids are. If you need an effects prossesor I have a Digitech RP12 that I can sell ya....reasonable.
Good Luck,
NB

MudPumper
01-31-2004, 09:41 AM
Maybe she can't play the guitar, but I bet I can teach her to play the "skin flute.":D

HavasuDreamin'
01-31-2004, 03:28 PM
Nashvillebound is right. Fit your kid to the guitar. The last thing you want to do is buy something that is uncomfortable and difficult to play.....playing is hard enough for a kid. For example a full size ocoustic will be tough to get your arms around and uncomfortable. You may want to try a smaller scale ocoustic or a slim electric like a Stratocaster.
You do get what you pay for, but if it is a starter and you are unsure how far you kid is going to go, most likely you will end up with a Japanese/Korean/Mexican knock off of an American Stratocaster. They can generally be had for a $150 or less.....sometimes $99. You will need a chromatic tuner as well because the knock off's don't stay in tune very well.
One more tip.........if you enroll your kid in lessons, try to find someone who will keep him/her interested. I took lessons when I was 8 and hated them because the teacher was trying to teach me how to read music (boring) :rolleyes: instead of teaching me chords and keeping me interested. A good teacher will make the difference between a fad your kid goes through and a life long hobby.
Good Luck.

Boatcop
01-31-2004, 07:41 PM
For our first anniversary (in 1979) my wife gave me a guitar she bought in Phoenix. She paid $200 for it. While looking through the perfect hard shell case, I found the original receipt. The guy she bought it from paid $850 new for it a year before.
The Guitar?
Alvarez DY 85 Acoustic (Martin D-45 Copy)
Same one played by:
Nancy Wilson (Heart) Damn, I love her!!!!!
Molly Hatchet
CSNY
Jerry Garcia
Harry Chapin
Bob Weir
Waylon
Patrick Simmons (The Doobies)
And a host of others.
Still have the thing in like new condition, and sounds as good as it did 25 years ago.
Ive seen the same guitar in lesser condition going for more than a grand.
Moral of the story?
If you get good equipment, and the student has the ability to care for it, you're making an investment that will bring musical pleasure for many rockin' years.

Blown 472
01-31-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
No comment. :D
She is thinking, shit I am stroking it but all it does is make strange noises.

NashvilleBound
02-01-2004, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by HavasuDreamin'
Nashvillebound is right. Fit your kid to the guitar. The last thing you want to do is buy something that is uncomfortable and difficult to play.....playing is hard enough for a kid. For example a full size ocoustic will be tough to get your arms around and uncomfortable. You may want to try a smaller scale ocoustic or a slim electric like a Stratocaster.
You do get what you pay for, but if it is a starter and you are unsure how far you kid is going to go, most likely you will end up with a Japanese/Korean/Mexican knock off of an American Stratocaster. They can generally be had for a $150 or less.....sometimes $99. You will need a chromatic tuner as well because the knock off's don't stay in tune very well.
One more tip.........if you enroll your kid in lessons, try to find someone who will keep him/her interested. I took lessons when I was 8 and hated them because the teacher was trying to teach me how to read music (boring) :rolleyes: instead of teaching me chords and keeping me interested. A good teacher will make the difference between a fad your kid goes through and a life long hobby.
Good Luck.
Exactly what HD said....Let your kid learn and play his favorite riffs. It will surely keep his interest which is the hardest thing to do!
I always thought it would be cool to get a bunch of us together from the forums and have a big ol' jam session. I have a full stage and enough gear to set 3 or 4 of us up. oh well, it was just a thought :rolleyes:

MagicMtnDan
02-01-2004, 07:46 AM
I don't get you guys at all! You're all talking about guitars - where the hell are the guitars in these pictures?!!!:confused:
http://www.deanguitars.com/namm04_shows/girls/dsc_0460_jpg.jpg