PDA

View Full Version : 78 blazer ???

AdrenelineOD
02-03-2004, 03:43 PM
I need a new radiator for towing through the desert before I buy
who`s got the best radiators for desert hauling
who`s got the best electric fan
who`s got the best electric waterpump
and I have a 10-1 comp. 400 SBC W/ holly high rise intake and mid range cam absolutly won`t pass smog so
who has the best headers and exaust for my truck
I must keep this engine cold or detination will accur
I also run 40" tires

ROZ
02-03-2004, 04:49 PM
Sounds like we need to know this "who" guy. He has a lot of stuff :D

AdrenelineOD
02-03-2004, 04:52 PM
Ya I`m diein to know too;)

topless
02-03-2004, 04:56 PM
LMFAO:D :cool: :D :D :cool:

fourspeednup
02-03-2004, 05:01 PM
That's alot of comp for a 400 w/ iron heads. Those motors are well known for their overheating. These are the products I or the shop I worked at had good experiences with. Here goes nothing...
Radiator-- Rodney Red aluminum
Fan--BeCool (dual fan setup to move the most air possible)
Electric H20 pump--usually used in race apps., good belt driven has worked fine
Headers---Doug Thorley(if you don't need egr.)
Don't buy an exhaust, have one fabbed for you by a good muffler shop.
Mufflers--Flowtech terminators(my fav.)
I'm getting a 74 Chevy 4x4:cool:
These trucks are cool but careful with those big tires and tiny lugs in your 1/2 ton axles.

AdrenelineOD
02-03-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
That's alot of comp for a 400 w/ iron heads. Those motors are well known for their overheating. These are the products I or the shop I worked at had good experiences with. Here goes nothing...
Radiator-- Rodney Red aluminum
Fan--BeCool (dual fan setup to move the most air possible)
Electric H20 pump--usually used in race apps., good belt driven has worked fine
Headers---Doug Thorley(if you don't need egr.)
Don't buy an exhaust, have one fabbed for you by a good muffler shop.
Mufflers--Flowtech terminators(my fav.)
I'm getting a 74 Chevy 4x4:cool:
These trucks are cool but careful with those big tires and tiny lugs in your 1/2 ton axles. I have 3/4 ton axels. I know best

fourspeednup
02-03-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by AdrenelineOD
I have 3/4 ton axels. I know best
Good man:cool:

FryJet
02-05-2004, 01:29 PM
A factory style 4 core crossflow will be more than enough, they work great. If you go with a electric fan you will be asking for trouble, stay with the stock fan clutch style fan and go get a HD clutch from your local GM dealer (aftermarkets have alot of problems) and you will be set. That stock fan will pull more CFM than a electric. You can run a stock pump without problems but if it makes you feel better you can get a high flow pump from Summit but I dont think you will see a difference for the money. Dougs Headers are pretty nice, used to be Doug Thorley but the wifey got the business in the devorce from what I have heard. This is the setup we used on my buddys 84 Burb on 38's with a Dart iron headed 383, 430 hp on the dyno. We pull to the river with it with no probs except for ass crappy milage. He has to be really conservitive with the timing on 91 octane with those iron heads though. Hope it helps.
F.J.

fourspeednup
02-05-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by AdrenelineOD
I need a new radiator for towing through the desert before I buy
who`s got the best radiators for desert hauling
who`s got the best electric fan
who`s got the best electric waterpump
and I have a 10-1 comp. 400 SBC W/ holly high rise intake and mid range cam absolutly won`t pass smog so
who has the best headers and exaust for my truck
I must keep this engine cold or detination will accur
I also run 40" tires
What are you running timing wise? A too advanced motor can get real hot:burningm:

AdrenelineOD
02-08-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
What are you running timing wise? A too advanced motor can get real hot:burningm: Not sure had It built in NY. + the thing is on the garage floor now and I will be back to ask where to go when I get the 400 in there. Just waiting for those tax returns......:) :) :D