PDA

View Full Version : Swim With The Dolphins

beer hunter
02-04-2004, 11:08 AM
My wife and I are going to Cancun MX next week and were trying to decide if it's worth the money (about $180 each) to do the swim with the dolphins thing. Has anyone done this or heard anything about it?
Thanks Michael

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2004, 11:11 AM
I have never done it , but it sounds fun.. I think you should do it anyway.. If you've never done it i'm sure it will be a great experience for both of you.. the money shouldn't be an issue if your doing it with someone you love to share the experience together.. Just my 2 cents.. :D

MagicMtnDan
02-04-2004, 11:21 AM
BH, it does sound like a lot of fun but $180 bucks EACH for some swim time with Dolphins in Mexico?! I've heard that dolphins in Mexico aren't even paid minimum wage :D Why not stop out in the ocean next time you're coming back from Catalina and swim with the SoCal dolphins? :D It's free
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
I have never done it , but it sounds fun.. I think you should do it anyway.. If you've never done it i'm sure it will be a great experience for both of you.. the money shouldn't be an issue if your doing it with someone you love to share the experience together.. Just my 2 cents.. :D
I kind of agree with you MrsFV but money is more of an issue for some than others (didn't you two just sign up for a new DCB at about a quarter-million $ or thereabouts?! :eek: congratulations again, by the way).

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2004, 11:26 AM
we did buy a new boat.. but that doesn't mean we have $ 180.00 to spare.. I just thought if they wanted to have a good time money shouldn't matter as long as him and his wife have a good time and do something they have never done before.. together..
and thanks we can't wait to get it in the water.. :D

beer hunter
02-04-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
BH, it does sound like a lot of fun but $180 bucks EACH for some swim time with Dolphins in Mexico?! I've heard that dolphins in Mexico aren't even paid minimum wage :D Why not stop out in the ocean next time you're coming back from Catalina and swim with the SoCal dolphins? :D It's free
I kind of agree with you MrsFV but money is more of an issue for some than others (didn't you two just sign up for a new DCB at about a quarter-million $ or thereabouts?! :eek: congratulations again, by the way).
I only have eight days so I don't want to waste time and money when I could be doing other things.
Dan, I heard that the MX dolphins are trying to unionize and won't have to tolerate those low wages too much longer:D

Screaming Pete
02-04-2004, 11:34 AM
A freind of mine did that in hawaii did that and the dolphins wanted to hump her I don't know if the Mexican dolphin's are that amoris thou:)

beer hunter
02-04-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
I just thought if they wanted to have a good time money shouldn't matter as long as him and his wife have a good time and do something they have never done before.. together..
:D
I agree with ya Mrs.FV.... This is kind of a second honeymoon and we're definitely not pinching pennies on this vacation, but again, we only have eight days and want to make the most of it :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2004, 11:42 AM
well beer hunter. what does your wife want to do.. maybe there is something else you can do.. but if it is like a second honeymoon.. I'm sure it will leave a fond memory.. hope you both figure it out soon and have a great time.. she is a lucky girl for you to be doing this for both of you.. ;)

gnarley
02-04-2004, 11:44 AM
If your going to Cancun I would take the bus tour and go to Chitzenitsa (check spelling) the Myan pyramid. It is quite a historical site to see!

carbonmarine
02-04-2004, 12:20 PM
YOu only wanna swin them them... ha ! I once heard a guy on Howard Stern talking about having sex with a Dolphin..... Now that woudl be worth the money just to watch !
Anyone else remmebr that one.....
Sick Phuc !
:cool:

MsDrmr
02-04-2004, 12:42 PM
Here is what I know about the subject as I have always wanted to do this, most places charge a very high amnt of $ to get in, they offer this deal to 50+ people every hr or so. Most people can't approach the dolphins, they have to be approaced by the dolphin, so there is no guarantee that you will even get what your paying for. I would call the place and ask what their policy is, the co. charges for an hr but 1/2 hr is training and class, and the other is actually in the water. There are rare locations that actually live up to the what they promise to provide,,,Just use caution when you make a choice.
My .02

AdrenelineOD
02-04-2004, 12:44 PM
I seen it on the travel channel and sice if I go I`m doing that for sure. not too many people there also. looks really cool.:)

Havasu Cig
02-04-2004, 04:13 PM
My other 1/2 and I did it at the Hilton Waikaloa in Hawaii this past November. It was pretty cool. She booked it months in advance because there is a waiting list.

Bow Tie Omega
02-04-2004, 04:43 PM
You can do it at Sea World for $119.00 , Includes 1 hour of class room time, learning about dolphins, what they like and do not like and 1 hour in the pool with them, 5 dolphins, unlimited contact. Also included wet suits, photographer, my wife said it was one of the most memorable moments of her life

clownpuncher
02-04-2004, 04:49 PM
We went to Cancun last year and were gonna do the dolphin thing. On our way from our room and going down the elevator we decided to stop for JUST ONE bloody mary on our way to the bus. End of story. :D

LaveyOne
02-04-2004, 05:39 PM
Hey BeerHunter -
I did the one at Sea World, and although it was a blast, you weren't allowed to actually SWIM with the dolphins. You could stand and interact with them, and even pet them, just not swim. From what I understand, the Cancun deal allows you to swim and get pulled by the dorsal fin (like you see on T.V.) I guess it just depends on how you and the Mrs. feel about dolphins. If she loves them, then it's definitely worth the $$$. Plus I think you get pictures of the whole thing. Have fun and let me know if you do it! :D